• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Evo ~ TORYUKEN 2: Toronto Melee Championship - May 18th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Zog Malog

Smash Rookie
Doubles is good, we will do. Also, I have a friend who might want to come watch for a bit. Would he also have to pay the venue fee?

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah damnit evo.

do they even have the stage list on their site?
Yeah... they have the stage list there.

so do we have confirmation on whether or not people are character locked after a game if they win?

Also, are we assuming infinite stalling is legal too unless it gets changed in the tournament thread OP?

None of this really affects me since I play one character and that char can't do anything super gay to infinite stall (unless...flasher...)

But I would like to see someone abuse these loopholes with an ice climber or jigglypuff. #leffen

Revven

FrankerZ
You're character locked, yeah, because that's how it is for all the other fighting games (except when you lose, then you can CP char). Mr.Wizard wanted to keep the ruleset simple and clean; not a giant rule book specifically for Smash.

unknown522

Some guy
ATTENTION!

some things to repeat:

- Pre-reg is now closed.

- Please don't forget to bring cubes/wiis

- doors open at 10am tomorrow. Please don't be late

Anyways, good luck at the tourney

Mprime

Smash Ace
IMPORTANT!

I have to let you all know that due to numbers, we have decided to do door registration. If you register online, you save $5 but if you do at the door it's $5 more. Pre-reg now closes on May 17th, so that gives an extra 5 days as well.

Also for those that do not have paypal, you can register with me in person now. Just have the cash on hand. For example, at A&C tomorrow

I would also like to remind you all that this is for evo points, so bring your best!
Thank GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD. Just found out about all this **** now

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I think in the 40's is a solid prediction. But there's been a TON of new people at the casuals so I dunno it could....*leaves*
40 seems pretty low....then again we're not in the U.S. and given the Norcal turnout I guess it's not that bad

Hax

Smash Champion
At the Toronto bus terminal. Unknowns not picking up his phone. HELP ;_;

Edit: nvm we're good

Windrose

Smash Lord
1. Hax$
2. Unknown522
3. Weon-x
4. I.B.
5. Kirbykaze (?)
5. ????