• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
side event should be fox-only on final destination tourney imo

*insert double post here*

tech, usually when im comfirmed for an AA tourney, that automatically means LOE1 is comfirmed

:phone:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Yo Zinoto, get your bro to the gameroom. We've all gotta prepare for this shiz.
Lol this is how it went, (Note he lives on North Campus)

Me: Dude, start going to the game room; there's a ton of good players there to practice with.
Bro: Ok, where is it?
Me: In the basement of the duderstadt.
Bro: And the duderstadt is.....
Me: -_______-
:troll:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Zinoto i wanna mm that infamous :diddy:.

$2 :marth: vs :diddy: best of 3?

Tech, here are the rules

- 4 Players per set
- Single Elimination
- All Stages On Set On Random
- All Characters Random
- Top 2 players Advance
- All Items on set to Medium
- First Player to win 2 matches moves ahead
- 2nd person to advance is decided in the order of: Match wins, lives left in last match, most kills in last match

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
ye i prob will be able to go to this 1

if only mk was banned so sk cant cp me :V

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Okay folks so after some deliberation:

Stage list will be Apex, with MK legal.

AllBrawl is the side event.

I sweet talked SK into coming to this.

So.....we're looking at already over 20 confirmed entrants. Its time to step it up even further.

Ori: I need you to design a flyer for this event. If you're willing I'll give you details.

Roller/anyone from A2: I need you guys to distribute the afformentioned flyers around campus to lure out the new comers. Hype it up, mention the "Tourney Virigin's Discount" in the 2nd post.

This WILL be the local of 2011. With some help from others we're gonna make this amazing.

Roller

Smash Legend
Roller/anyone from A2: I need you guys to distribute the afformentioned flyers around campus to lure out the new comers. Hype it up, mention the "Tourney Virigin's Discount" in the 2nd post.
No. I've burned half my pages I get per semester on tourney fliers already, and have barely enough for the papers I have left to write this semester. If I get handed fliers, I'd be more than willing to put them up. But I can't print any.

Check with people in majors that get more pages. Like THuGz. (I think)

Also. I want a taste of Alpena at this. Gimme Obliv or Sparta in my bracket/pool.

ZTD | TECHnology

How much do black/white prints cost?

Btw Oblivion: You're going to this. Dan and I have decided this already. There is no escape.

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
This is right before finals though...........
I would love to come, but I'm not sure yet.

I loled at the Snakes on a Plane. That would be so fun.

ZTD | TECHnology

I might do Snakes on a Plane for a future event. For now, just wanna give the people what they want since everyone gave positive feedback about it :D

Also **** education, play Smash and get *****es.

:yeahboi:

Also the AllisBrawl link is up in the OP. The second post has also been updated with more stuff/hype. Attendance list is also up to date. Almost up to 30 people!

=

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Zinoto, you should bring it. I don't really have my OWN laptop :(

I usually bring it, but someone always brings another one and we end up using that one. Hopefully we use mine this time >:D

Also, there are a couple people at my dorm that say they can play smash. They're probably just scrubs though, should I tell them about the tourney?

I've been waiting to play Ori and Tech all semester, so hype for this :yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

YES!

Mention it to anyone you think would be interested. Tell them, newcomers get a discounted venue fee and that entering a main event only costs 5 bucks. Its cheap, its fun and its a great way to meet some new people ;) And even if they're inexperienced, there are plenty of people here that would love to teach them stuff.

Looking forward to playing you as well.

Roller

Smash Legend
I usually bring it, but someone always brings another one and we end up using that one. Hopefully we use mine this time >:D

Also, there are a couple people at my dorm that say they can play smash. They're probably just scrubs though, should I tell them about the tourney?
First. Definitely bring the setup. We can always have multiple setups. In fact, that would be awesome.

Second. Tell them about it for sure, but do NOT play them beforehand with your Diddy, Peach, Marth, Kirby, etc. Any character you can actually use somewhat well. I've made this mistake in my dorms many times in the past. They wont come if they know they will get wrecked.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Second. Tell them about it for sure, but do NOT play them beforehand with your Diddy, Peach, Marth, Kirby, etc. Any character you can actually use somewhat well. I've made this mistake in my dorms many times in the past. They wont come if they know they will get wrecked.
Lol so true, but one of them is legit. He plays 64 too I'm gonna try to get them to come.

ZTD | TECHnology

I remember my first tournament back in '09.

I was playing friendlies with people and I was doing alright, winning a few. And then I played Judge. But I didnt know who he was at first. He was using a bunch of dumb secondaries like Ike and stuff. I got the feeling he was not trying at all...Gamer's Instinct. He then asked me who did I really play. I told him Snake and he said that he was really good at the MU and he plays Metaknight. I then ask him to play his MK against my Snake. We went on FD....I got destroyed....no....DESTROYED. Like I was in shock. Then he tells me about he's almost beaten Ally and I'm like "o_0"

I got wrecked and I knew that if I played him in tournament, I stood no chance but at the same time, that inspired me to get better. That was the first time I ever got trashed at that game lol. I swear they don't make gamers as tough as they used to lol. People from my generation of Brawl didn't get all scared when they got wrecked by a better player. I just find that find that funny lol Im sure some of the players who have been around for a while can agree.

Top Bottom