• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm probably going to do Apex Stagelist with MK not being banned. And then my other stuff I'm considering adding in. I had a custom format I was considering but it may not be the best idea for MI. Either way things are still going to be hype.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Xatic I'll see what Dakota's plan for this is, but would you be willing to pick me up and I'll house you guys in exchange?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ori just sniped me. Uh, I'll see what I can do Ori. Either way I'd still need gas from you <3
of course, I'm just offering a bed and breakfast for you guys so you dont need to get home at 5am.

St.EAZY-BIG&small

Smash Rookie
EAZY died shortly after he got out of pools from AIDS
But BIG will be at this tourney to roast some jive turkeys.. lol
God this is so far away.
I need people to play with more
. might try to organize a Dops tourney at some point in the future b/c so few and far btween

Roller

Smash Legend
I know he got together to play with Tutu not too long ago. So he's definitely somewhere in/near the AA/Ypsi area.

Also considering he wants to host at Digi Ops... Yeah.

And you should hold a Digi Ops tourney on the 3rd! I would go. =o

St.EAZY-BIG&small

Smash Rookie
Lol sorry hope that last post wasn't too unsavory...
Yeah im from the deuce(AA)
Just talked to the people over at Digital Ops tonight and they said they whould be open to having a tourney there...
not sure how to do this. I would like to have a rough estimate as to how many people would want to go to an additional Ann Arbor tourney b4 I jump completely in and post.
say around late november??
the 3rd may be available, ill ask the staff tomorrow......

Roller

Smash Legend
First of all. Rough estimate is really hard to do, due to the volatility of the smash community. Being a TO myself, I know how annoying this is. However Smash tourneys almost always fluctuate in attendance, sometimes massively. And there are always last minute dropouts. Always.

However, in any case. Late November would be bad. REALLY bad. The weekend of the 19th, there is already a large Ohio tourney that a number of us are going to on Saturday; followed by a tourney in Grand Rapids the next day. Between the 2 of them, half our active players have already committed to at least one tourney that weekend, and a number of the rest have other plans that prevented them from committing to the first 2. The last weekend in November is Thanksgiving weekend, and a lot of people will either be traveling, or have family obligations.

I can't guarantee a ton of people for the 3rd, because there are a number of tourneys coming up. However you should be able to get in the double digits, especially if you have them advertise it to their customers/put fliers up. And that is enough to have a good time and get in experience.

But it's up to you what you want to do. Here's the tourney schedule for the MI scene as of now, to give you an idea of dates.

Nov 12th- Too soon to announce
Nov 19th- REVENGE
Nov 20th- Skynet
December 3rd- Melee tourney (no brawl tho)
December 10th- Phoenix
December 17th- DRDN's World/HOPE (is Hope on Sunday? not sure)
December 24th- Bad date for a tourney, obvious reasons.
December 31st- Another bad tourney date imo, people will have party plans/family plans/will be on vacation/home for winter break
January 6-8th- APEX

ZTD | TECHnology

I hope I dont sound like a dbag when I say this but I would prefer it if you didnt advertise for another tournament that could affect my tournament's attendance in my thread. I mean that in a respectful way. We have so many tournaments coming up that having.one like every weekend is bad. It will affect all of them. I mean I always have the cash but most people here dont. They'll have to choose...which is lame. If you wait till January, I'll help you with your first event. Otherwise, I cant. I wont even be able to get down to AA on that weekend. Brawl has enough problems getting respectable attendance.

:phone:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Ok, screw hiding this.

I thought about what SK and tutu said about me not knowing the metagame and I've been told that Brawl gets more fun in higher levels of play and when you understand the MG more, so I decided to give Brawl yet another chance.

So I'm going to this.

Oh yeah, I main :dedede: now.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I shall be there as well. Hope to get to play a lotta good ppl and I'll finally get to play Tech's DDD >:D

ZTD | TECHnology

Apasher if you can prove to me :dedede: isn't another one of your "Flavor of the Month" characters I'll help you with him.

And lol Zinoto wants to experience this crunk D3. I got you homie ;) I'll update the attendance list after I get back from Youmacon.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
A couple of PR players might show up?
Good **** Tech.

SN: YO ROLLER, I HEARD YOU LOSE TO KIRBY MAINS.

Top Bottom