• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT BW2 Rain Offense REVAMP

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
SUPER MEGA AWESOME COMMON OU RAIN TEAM

IN EDIT;NOT DONE

So I was looking for something to ladder with and I really wanted to try out Tornadus-T. I really like his Therian Form design more than his Incarnate and I wished some other bird pokemon could get designs similar to it. So I knew my team was going to be centered around Tornadus-T​

The team:

/
/
/
/
/

Politoed
@Leftovers
Drizzle
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
252HP/252Def/6SpAtk

-Scald
-Encore
-Toxic
-Rest

Politoed starts rain. He is defensive so he can last longer and be a wanna-be bulky water. Encore is wonderful. He is no longer setup fodder for the most part. Rest for longevity. Scald for burns. blah blah blah.

Scizor
@Chocie Band
Technician
252Atk/252HP/6Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Scizor is there to fulfill an offensive role that Ferrothorn used to on this team. Scizor is there to deal with dragons locked into outrage and deal with several other threats like CB/CS Terrakion, Celebi, TTar, Lati@s, Reuniclus. Dragons really aren't that big anymore and Scizor finds itself checking other things. It is EXTREMELY important that he does NOT get burned. If so...its GG if they have one of the aforementioned pokemon.

Starmie
@Life Orb
252Spe/252SpAtk/6HP
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Starmie serves as a Fire resistance under rain...she really can't take fire hits well...or any hit for that matter. In fact, Starmie is kind of weird to me. She isn't supposed to take hits. She's just supposed to come in on a non-damaging move, spin away hazards, and threaten stuff before she is forced out. At least thats how I've been using her. Wish passing from Jirachi is absolutely wonderful and she loves it a lot. Im debating whether or not to replace Ice Beam with recover JUST for the sake of extending her longevity in a match...advice on her would be appreciated.

Jirachi
@Leftovers
Serene Grace
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -Atk)
252HP/220SpDef/36Spe
-Thunder
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Stealth Rock

At first this was a Sub CM Jirachi set but I ran into Riddle and Ultimario on the ladder and they were packing Reuniclus. Had Jirachi been the SpDef set instead of the SubCM set at that time, I would have had a better chance at winning. Needless to say, Ultimario and Riddle beat me with their Reuniclus.

Jirachi also takes pesky Grass attacks and can stomach a few Electric attacks. I decided that Stealth Rock on Jirachi would be for the best because he doesn't need any other move there too badly and Ferrothorn would really enjoy being able to threaten speedy threats with Gyro Ball. I chose Thunder because it gives more power than Body Slam and why not abuse the Rain. I like it when my defensive pokemon pack a punch. I miss out on potential paralysis on the likes of Landorus switching in, which may just be enough for me to switch to Body Slam. Jirachi's paralysis really helps out in the late game when Tornadus-T attempts a sweep. Yeah he has 121 speed but revenge killers still exist. Tornadus-T also has a handy immunity to Ground type attacks that plague this Jirachi set.

Tornadus-Therian Forme
@Choice Scarf
Regenrator
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast
-HP Electric
-U-Turn

Tornadus-T poops on everything. There isn't a whole lot in the metagame that can weather this guy's Hurricane(haha did u c what i did thar :awesome: .) Focus Blast is for coverage. HP Electric is to deal with Gyarados. U-Turn is to scout for Jirachi, I had a Dugtrio at one point and that combo ripped teams apart. I also might use Tornadus-T as a Lead when Im not sure if I want to use Politoed or not and U-Turn helps with that. Tornadus greatly benefits from Starmie's spinning.

Breloom
@Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
252Atk/252Spe/6HP
-Spore
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch

Breloom destroys everything. If it can't kill it...its put to sleep until he can kill it. Skarmory and Celebi are about the only things that have a chance at walling this IMO. There are other threats in the metagame that can stop him but they are few and far between.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I did it for you, but for future reference, just edit the post, go to advanced edit, and then the title can be edited.

Either that, or you can just double-click on the box around the thread in the forum view (not the thread title itself, just the space around it) and you can edit it there.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If you're not using Tentacruel for Toxic Spikes as well as spinning, why not just use Starmie?

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
If you're not using Tentacruel for Toxic Spikes as well as spinning, why not just use Starmie?
Starmie can't take hits well. Thats about it. I just prefer the playstyle that Tentacruel provides. I like to have a reliable switch-in, that can recover, to most pokemon. Starmie can't take Close Combats from Terrakion and Tentacruel can. Of course it makes it harder for Terrakion to come in but I don't like the idea of sacrificing a pokemon so I can revenge Terrakion later.

Must've spent so much time on this huh? All that creativity 'n' all...

Indeed. I apologize I'm not good enough to make a team that can compete in the metagame and have more originality. I'll try harder next time.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Last time I checked, sarcastic remarks weren't really helpful in improving someone's team.

Don't make comments unless you have something constructive to add, please...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
**** creativity. Top5+Ferrothorn 4 lyfe sonnnnnnnnn.

Starmie can't take hits well. Thats about it. I just prefer the playstyle that Tentacruel provides. I like to have a reliable switch-in, that can recover, to most pokemon. Starmie can't take Close Combats from Terrakion and Tentacruel can. Of course it makes it harder for Terrakion to come in but I don't like the idea of sacrificing a pokemon so I can revenge Terrakion later.
Well you're right, Tentacruel can take a Close Combat better than Starmie, but there are few things in the format in general that can come in on Terrakion anyway. I think the extra speed and attacking power of LO Starmie would really help your team deal with threats you mentioned like Mamoswine, Landorus, and Gyarados (as well as actually being faster than unscarfed Terrakion btw).

Also, Icy Wind is typically recommended on Keldeo so that he can hit a dragon with is and slow it down enough to 2HKO it easily as opposed to praying that you can hit them hard enough with HP Ice the first time (Hint: With Dragonite, you can't). And there's no ****ing way Keldeo is going to be exiled to Ubers unless Smogon decides to get another lobotomy. You could definitely switch her out for Techniloom though since it's the best sweeper in the format and has a better chance of being banned to Ubers.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
**** creativity. Top5+Ferrothorn 4 lyfe sonnnnnnnnn.

Well you're right, Tentacruel can take a Close Combat better than Starmie, but there are few things in the format in general that can come in on Terrakion anyway. I think the extra speed and attacking power of LO Starmie would really help your team deal with threats you mentioned like Mamoswine, Landorus, and Gyarados (as well as actually being faster than unscarfed Terrakion btw).

Also, Icy Wind is typically recommended on Keldeo so that he can hit a dragon with is and slow it down enough to 2HKO it easily as opposed to praying that you can hit them hard enough with HP Ice the first time (Hint: With Dragonite, you can't). And there's no ****ing way Keldeo is going to be exiled to Ubers unless Smogon decides to get another lobotomy. You could definitely switch her out for Techniloom though since it's the best sweeper in the format and has a better chance of being banned to Ubers.
I'll definitely try out LO Starmie for sure. I appreciate the help Gates.
I really wish I could come up with something more innovative and unique than this team but I just don't have a good enough hold on the metagame. I've been playing since Gen 4 and just haven't really gotten the hold of anything.

I didn't even realize Keldeo received Icy Wind. I don't really take it seriously when people say Keldeo is going to be banned to Ubers. She seems like a Salamence to me. Except for the fact that Smogon doesn't really have the lame *** excuse of saying she over-centralizes the metagame.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Nice to see you around again, moose :)

This team is actually getting me interested in trying a gen V rain team, I've always ****ed around with stupid things rather than actually trying to make a good team.

a few quick change ideas though:

1: try LO on tornadus-t, i feel like regular tornadus does specs better because of its higher spatk while still having pretty good speed, while tornadus-t can abuse regenerator and coverage with ridiculous speed better with LO.
2: your obsession with gyarados, the subDD set in particular is overcautious. Gyara is fairly underutilized, and I think it would be sufficient to run Perish Song over HP Electric on Toed to stop gyara while shifting the SpAtk EVs into Def. also, whoever did that calc for the toed set is horribly off, you won't 1hko gyara after SR without a boosting item or a very significant EV investment.
306 Atk (252 spatk modest) vs 236 Def & 331 HP (70 Base Power): 264 - 312 (79.76% - 94.26%)
3: tentacruel majorly brings the pace of this team down, but i'd say this team doesn't really need a spinner, it just needs a pokemon that can take advantage of spikers and hammer defensive teams. you can take your pick of any of the great pokemon that can take advantage of the rain here, but use something offensive that complements tornadus-t, not a weak-*** defensive pokemon like tentacruel.

idk that's all i can think of. i haven't played OU without ****ing around with really stupid things, so take what i say with a grain of salt or two

now it's time for me to make a rain team centered around crawdaunt

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Nice to see you around again, moose :)

1: try LO on tornadus-t
Okey dokey. I'll give it a try. Honestly, I may try a choice scarf variant and run him as a revenge killer after I've done the LO set.

2: your obsession with gyarados

306 Atk (252 spatk modest) vs 236 Def & 331 HP (70 Base Power): 264 - 312 (79.76% - 94.26%)

may i ask what calculator you used so that I may also use it haha?

3: tentacruel majorly brings the pace of this team down, but i'd say this team doesn't really need a spinner, it just needs a pokemon that can take advantage of spikers and hammer defensive teams.

Alrighty. Im already trying Gates' Starmie suggestion...and I really only have a spinner for Tornadus-T...but I will definitely try something else.

now it's time for me to make a rain team centered around crawdaunt
I really want to see that haha

thanks for the tipsies kirbyraeg

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
garbage calc, too many details

http://cherubi.com/tools/calculators/damage/

quick, simple, easy, no gimmicks, no frills. guess that's why not as many people like this one, but ey

well...

my team has completely changed for the most part.

Poli, Scizor, Jirachi, Tornadus-T, Starmie, Breloom
breloom is pretty good...but certainly not broken by any means. as is starmie.

Top Bottom