• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT: A Team im getting paid to play

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So a while back i started uploading Pokemon vids to my youtube account because honestly even Gen 5 is better than YuGiOh. So I asked my subscribers what they'd want me to play and quite a few of the answers were "Bulky/Defensive" and "Rain" which kind of sucked because I feel Drizzle is a pretty huge detriment to competitive play and defensive/stall teams just dont seem to work but w/e i ran with it cus my subscribers wanted it.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

So obviously if there's going to be rain there's going to be politoed. I went with a bulky specs variant because honestly Toed is pretty much worthless otherwise. Specs+Rain Boosted Hydro Pump hits hard but honestly nothing else really does. What a bad pokemon lol.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

The first Gen 5 pokemon I've ever used! Originally a bulky Support Landorus-T I ended up switching to this because I really just needed a physical attacker. With screen support this thing easily sweeps entire teams, +2/+2 basically destroys everything. I will say however I have a hard time doing much with him when he's not set up. I feel like Scarf Landorus-T is better overall but 3 choice users sets me up for a lot of problems.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald

With Toed in it was obvious that i was gonna need something that could tank STAB Water attacks as well as the ever common Ice Beam that goes with most water Mons. I was initially planning on using Jellicent here but while i was making this team Keldeo got put on suspect so i figured Tent was the better choice. Toxic Spikes are a godsend to this team as Im not much on attackers, as is the ability to absorb them despite only 2 pokemon on my team actually being affected by them. Scald over Surf is a bit of a tactical choice, the burn chance helping to keep the Flying Dragons from being too willing to switch in. Ice Beam over Protect because Breloom mostly.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Spd / 220 Def
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover
- Leech Seed

Oh hey, this pokemon is just outright amazing. Celebi is crazy bulky and Rain supports it immensely by removing it's fire weakness. Leech Seed+Recover+Giga Drain means only the strongest of attacks could ever hope to OHKO it. This+Toxic Spikes outright ruins a lot of teams. The speed EVs are just to outspeed Breloom, mostly because he can be a bit of a pain for this team. Lack of a move to hit scizor is kind of a bummer but considering Toed it's not like a non-stab HP Fire would really do anything anyways. I went full physically defensive so i can survive specific things, namely Scarf Terrakion X-Scissor. I end up around 50% after an X-Scissor+Giga Drain(More if i recover obviously) and it sets up Landorus-T to come in for free.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor

Oh hey, it's scarf Latios. I just needed something to counter +1 dragons so here he is. Literally the only reason he was added to my team, but hey, he works and he's great. I actually did consider putting Latias here instead as she's got a bit more bulk to her but the extra power really helps.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong 2 good. With Rain up he's got no weaknesses and very few things can hope to 2HKO him allowing me to at the very least set up 2 screens. Stealth Rocks over EQ/Explosion because even a super effective EQ does piss all to things like Heatran so Im better off just switching. Originally I only had Reflect and had 2 attacks since I could take most special hits with the likes of toed/cruel/lati/celery by abusing resistances I still decided to throw in Light Screen as it basically lets any of my set up pokemon set up on anything else. To put it into perspective, Mamoswines LO Ice Shard only does ~68% average to Landorus behind a Reflect. Too good lol. Stealth Rocks seems pretty obvious, Celebi is basically the core of my team and it forces a lot of switches so having the rocks up is very useful.

Extra Notes:

I find the lack of priority on this team is a huge weakness. If im ever in the position where i need to revenge kill something at +1 I can usually do it but not without taking hefty damage which is bad for a team that, despite 2 Choice Users and Landerous is still pretty defensive. Bulky Sub Gyara stands out as another problem, but if I can get it on the switch with celery's Leech Seed I can at least stop it from setting up. Mamoswine is also still a large threat if I lose Zong, though it fails at OHKOing Celebi and takes a huge chunk from Giga Drain. Also Reuniclus. That thing just ****s all over my team. Immune to toxic damage, immune to Leech Seed, LO Shadow Ball. All of my hate. At best i can set up a Light screen with zong and then try and get it with Landorus-T if it's not using Trick/Calm Mind.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
This reads like you traded your soul for spare change and then threw a frog on it.

Worst PR team ever

:phone:

D

Deleted member

a specs lead, scarf latios, and a SD dude with 145 attack.

looks like one of your stall teams to me.

edit: is gen 5 stall like gen 2 offense where an offense team only had 4 stall pokemon? lol

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I actually still use Toed really defensively. It just cant do **** without the specs lol.

Edit: I also like how when i said my subscribers wanted to see me play "Something more defensive" you instantly assumed my team was stall.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
edit: is gen 5 stall like gen 2 offense where an offense team only had 4 stall pokemon? lol
Pretty much this.

Edit: Went and looked for PR's YT account. Never heard your voice before I think.

Expected your voice to be deeper for whatever reason. My imagining of PR is ruined forever.

Well, what are you going for on the team overall? Is the only qualifcation rain and bulk?

Either way, I'm not too happy to see a Bronzong on this team that only provides defensive support and stealth rock. With it and politoed, your team is effectively reduced to only 4 pokemon. I'd say replace it with something else like Jirachi.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serenes Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

While not the best fix, I feel it contributes more than Bronzong. Maintains the resistances that Bronzong had other than ground. Gets neutral coverage on most things. More versatile in that it can option to stall pokemon that general resist its attack through sub and CM. Additional bonus in that you might get a hax victory through 40% rate and 60% paralysis rate.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Xeylode, dropping SR is never a good idea. Bronzong is doing its part on the team better than that Rachi could provide.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Take out Celebi for Roseeade. You already have enough Psychic types and Roserade provides an offensive threat while setting up Toxic Spikes or Spikes

And Gastrodon > Tentacruel

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Gastrodon is a **** awful pokemon and anyone who thinks it deserves it's OU status is insane. Also Celebi is literally the core of my team, it's the "Stall" of my stall team. That said im actually working on a different stall team with Roserade on it because Roserade is a great pokemon.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Gastrodon is proved worthy in every team it fits in. Gastrodon is the best Rain counter in the game. Destroys every dragon unboosted, destroys Heatran a very common Pokemon, and beats out all Flying types as well. Since you are new to fifth gen you don't know the true power of Gastrodon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tentacruel is better than Gastrodon.

Roserade is also an awful Pokemon.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Edit: Went and looked for PR's YT account. Never heard your voice before I think.

Expected your voice to be deeper for whatever reason. My imagining of PR is ruined forever.
I know, I really thought his balls had dropped but apparently he's a middle school student. Which makes sense because he loves Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and has never said or done anything funny or creative in his life.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If the opponent doesn't have a grass attack Gastrodon can easily wall them.

What metagame are you playing in? Gastro would have issues walling entire LC teams, let alone entire OU teams.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I know, I really thought his balls had dropped but apparently he's a middle school student. Which makes sense because he loves Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and has never said or done anything funny or creative in his life.
3/10 not even a very good effort. But its ok, I, like everyone else, never expect anything great from you so it wasn't much of a disappointment.

Side note: yugioh is a **** awful game. I literally started playing gen 5 because even that's not as bad as yugioh. Like even in a game where people are ******** enough to consider gastrodon as ou, its still better than yugioh lol. Such a terrible game.

Edit: does anyone remember 1 w1nged @ngel or however he spelled it? Met him at a tournament a while back, kid was ****ing gigantic. Like 6'4" or something

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, personal attacks really aren't necessary here.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This is a PR thread what do you expect Firus

the only way it could've gotten better is by him not making any descriptions at all.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Okay, personal attacks really aren't necessary here.
It's just really disappointing to me to see somebody I respected three years ago has gone onto become one of the ****tiest posters in this entire subforum (and in the PC that's really saying a lot). It's like he said to himself "The format I love has turned to ****. Should I explore other formats to see whether they might be interesting? Nah, I'll just live in the past for two years until people stop using shoddybattle altogether and then port my Gen IV teams to PS along with hi-lair-ious jokes like 'WATS A TECHINLOM LEL xD'. Also I should post all my matches against terrible players on Youtube because people never get tired of watching competent players play against lobotomy patients, right?". He also never appears to get tired of these jokes that he's been telling for two years either. He's like a Valve fanboy for Gen IV, always vomiting out the same jokes and teams without wanting to venture outside his comfort zone. Also, saying that you get paid to play this team is pretty laughable considering the fact that ad money from Youtube is chump change.

Also, Gastrodon is terrible in any metagame besides the current OU. The only reason he's remotely successful there is because there are no physically attacking grass types in the format (oh wait).

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Oh man, I just got totally walled by a Xatu. Only it only knew Dual Screen/Roost/U-Turn, so it was also entirely walled by Breloom, since nothing could switch into it. He ended up forfeiting when he realized he was about to run out of Roost PP

Top Bottom