• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT: A Team im getting paid to play

D

Deleted member

It's just really disappointing to me to see somebody I respected three years ago has gone onto become one of the ****tiest posters in this entire subforum (and in the PC that's really saying a lot).
Let's be honest, the people that really loved Pokemon for years were given an ultimatum when Gen 5 came out: keep playing, and accept completely new game dynamics, or don't and leave. A LOT of my friends and myself really miss blowing countless hours testing team combinations, following a changing metagame, and bull****ting about this dynamic and complex system at a cheap food joint or late at night on AIM or whatever.

Pretty much everyone I know at this point besides myself has caved into at least trying gen 5, only to be inevitably disappointed. It's just this perpetual hole that cannot be filled. Don't get me wrong, it's not graceful in any way, but that's just how it is. You can see how most players have voted on the ultimatum if you compare this forum's activity level to how it was in 2009. I guess I just want to tell you that your disappointment is shared by many, many people, but maybe for different reasons.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Didn't know smashboards had a competitive Pokemon section, go figure

Few things to make your team better. These are quick changes (since i'm in a hurry)

-Specs Politoed is a great Pokemon, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Yours can be a little better though. Surf should replace Focus Blast or Hidden Power Grass. It sounds weird to run double water-stab but hear me out; you'll get much more mileage out of Surf on specs for those times where you NEED your water attacks to hit. Specs toed can fire off a safe surf that can pretty much decimate anything that doesn't resist; Hydro Pump should only be used when you know something like Rotom-W or Latias are switching in.

-Your scarfer should be Keldeo, not Latios. Long story short: Scarf Keldeo dominates lategame when things have been weakened and the sun is up. With Scarf Keldeo in tow, that freezes up your Latios to use Specs or LO. Feel free to use Latias if Breloom's a *****.

-Toxic Spikes are a novelty option on Tentacruel. Since Tentacruel itself is extremely common / most of OU is unaffected by Toxic Spikes, Toxic is a MUCH better option. (Its especially useful against special attackers like Latias who you stall out.)

-Run CM Jirachi (252 hp / 252 def, CM, Thunder, Psyschock, Substitute) over Bronzong. Its much better at checking dragon types, helps with your CM Reuniclus, and can 6-0 common team archetypes. If you can get it in a Ferrothorn for example, you can set up and sweep to victory. It's a win condition & dragon tornadus-t check at the same time.

-Don't bother with offensive Landorus-T. Just stick with support (you don't have SR if you use CM Jirachi over Zong). The offensive pivot set should do the trick.

-Celebi is redundant with both Latios + Defensive Landorus-T. Feel free to run anything you like in this slot; I would run Low Sweep Breloom, since it easily switches into Tyranitar, lures out Tornadus-T and ****s his **** up.

hope I helped :cool:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh man now Smogon mods are wandering into the PC

What even is this

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So i made a team using Machamp because I never actually did in gen 4 despite thinking it was pretty troll. I couldnt decide what to throw in the last spot, so i Roserade lol.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 234 SDef / 248 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Serious Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Substitute

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic

Roserade @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Weather Ball

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunder

Suggestions?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do loom instead of Roserade. Sleep + Jirachi Hax + Machamp will get a lot of switching and infuriate opponents lol. I also question why you're using Thunder Jirachi when you have no Rain support, you're just gunna get yourself killed out there. Same with Latios.

Also PR, remember that Rotoms aren't Ghost Type anymore. Just use like Pain Split for the last slot instead.

Edit: IceArrow, the only thing Volc could even set-up on are Roserade (who just needs to be changed) and Deo-D. The team isn't Volc weak, but it does need to be careful for lead Volcs.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I actually remembered that like, 2 matches in but i still have Shadow Ball lol. I threw Roselia on because i wanted a grass pokemon that wasnt Breloom for once though I could see Loom being good.

Also SubCM Jirachi was the first pokemon i thought of when i thought of Machamp. They work rather well together on account of gay.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Bump

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 234 SDef / 248 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Substitute

Reuniclus (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 Spd / 12 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunder

My volcarona weakness grows

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Rotom-W isn't Ghost-type anymore, in case you didn't know.

Also Water Pulse Jirachi will totally take case of your Volcarona weakness.

Top Bottom