• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

River City Bowl 2/4/12 "It's gonna be crowded."

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hype Video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mfGwE8jgkI

Pretty much gonna have it all here.

I'll be hosting the Brawl/Melee side of the tournament.

Venue: $10

Address: 3200 W Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia 23230

All games are $15 at the door, but $10 if you use the site and pre-reg.
Site:
www.rvatournaments.com

SSF4AE2012/UMVC3/KOFXIII/SC5
T6/BBCS2/MK/3S/MELEE/BRAWL

(All non-smash on 360)

I'll be running teams and singles for both games!

BRING SETUPS!

STREAM: (I can only promise brawl and melee GF will be played on the stream.)
www.twitch.tv/rvafighters

Check in is at 11AM and will last for roughly one hour before the bracket is made.

We only have a day to get through all of these events, so please no big delays. If you're running late just call me and let me know.
804-307-7029
I really hate to DQ people, but I'm pretty strict at events of this nature so don't push it.

:D

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Minor Update*

I'm going to be at the venue early to set up and secure our tournament's space.

This event is still going to run even if only like 4 people show up.

(If more than 32 enter I probably won't enter)

Registration on the site is fixed.

BRING SETUPS!

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ya more VA tournaments in general is a good thing.

Forgot to mention that the main appeal of this tournament is that there are actually going to be some a few locals and up and coming players at this, as well as my crew. So we'll have a good balance of really good and bad people.

I know the level of competition at my tournament is going to be a lot higher than the radford one, so I could see why Redd would rather go to that one to make the free money, lol

Edit: I've got like 8 - 10 tv's to split between the two events so there should be plenty of those, but I still need a few extra wii's and tvs beyond whats being provided.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Ya more VA tournaments in general is a good thing.

Forgot to mention that the main appeal of this tournament is that there are actually going to be some a few locals and up and coming players at this, as well as my crew. So we'll have a good balance of really good and bad people.

I know the level of competition at my tournament is going to be a lot higher than the radford one, so I could see why Redd would rather go to that one to make the free money, lol

Edit: I've got like 8 - 10 tv's to split between the two events so there should be plenty of those, but I still need a few extra wii's and tvs beyond whats being provided.
More like it's 30 minutes away compared to 2 and a half to Richmond. =x

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
G-reg, you probably could crash at my place.

Also, I'm going to be bringing a setup and the vcu crew for sure.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
want to come but i think i can only make it to shell shocked. if i do come id need a place to crash though
Oh, junk. G-Reg in the building?

There should be a good amount of room. Venue is huge.

Also, 2 weeks to go!

Please pre-reg and pay via paypal

http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/Registration

I mean, it's nice to donate an extra 5$, but I really prefer to have premade brackets and attendence estimates before hand.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah i dont know why the "conflicting date" issue was even brought up considering these tournaments are nearly 3 hours apart
Sadly, melee events don't occur weekly like they used to, therefore its important to spread the dates out so the meager attendance isn't even worse. Fortunately this month looks pretty eventful already.

I gotta train the VCU club more so they don't embarrass me in front of all the cool nova kids.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
looks like shell shocked might be canceled so i may come down to this with chillin or something. thanks for the offer thesage, but ill prolly try to stay with savedge or tope because of our long time bromance

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
looks like shell shocked might be canceled so i may come down to this with chillin or something. thanks for the offer thesage, but ill prolly try to stay with savedge or tope because of our long time bromance
I think savedge lives with Cyrain now and their apartment is really close to the venue.

Then again richmond has like 0 traffic compared to dc so I doubt it matters lol.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a spare bed and room you can have all for yourself, if you don't feel like staying with the chaos.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Joining definitely. This is only about 20 minutes away, there is pretty much no reason why I won't be able to make it <.<

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems like the general consensus is that Meta Knight should be banned.... LET IT BE SO!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Someone give me a ride to this from Silver Spring.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
are good brawl players going to this? ill enter if they dont
also is this really gonna be crowded and have limited setups and take forever and be surrounded by a ****load of other fighter's players? cause that seems undesirable

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'mma have 8 TV's and our own corner space. TV's don't mean anything if we don't have set ups. I need brawl's and melee's.

Who wants to volunteer to bring a set up? I'll give you a better seed in the bracket :D

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm pretty sure I can get the vcu players to bring a bunch of cubes. Just have a system setup to make sure nobody steals things. Expect a lot of newer players to be there. Treat them nicely guys.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
that would be epic and ridiculous if he flew here for this hahaha

Alright so check-in's at 11? Sooo tourney's at 3pm, then? Sweet.
oh no you didn't...

My **** flys, expect all the new players to get DQed.

Top Bottom