• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether - Official Thread

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure it did. He was saying either works for him. If your computer does not have bluetooth though I think you need a special receiver for it, Or you can probably just plug it in with the micro usb to usb cord you use to charge it. I am like, 80% sure that works (Says the guy who has never owned a xbox controller...)
Oh....I feel dumb....the way he spelled either and saying sorry at the end made me really confused.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I managed to connect my Wii Remote to my laptop with Windows 7 and run some successful scripting on GlovePIE... once. I see no consistency in how to get the Bluetooth connection to work. I want to get my Classic Controller Pro ready for tomorrow!

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Don't be embarrassed. I have been thinking about characters too. What if the ice character was like a Syberian Husky. It would participate in races down the mountains for the Elders' entertainment. It would be a fastfaller, but still be medium weight. What do you think?

Oh and also, yeah. The nostalgia. I remember over 15ish months ago when my bro showed me the first trailer for Rivals.
Not a bad concept at all! I thought the ice character would be fast too. But apparently he's a heavyweight. Most people seem to think he'll either be a polar bear or walrus.

Pre-Early Access HYPE!

Everyone, get in here! http://aetherboards.com/forums
Oh damn! That's one hell of a pleasant surprise. brb gettin in here

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
If you buy it on early access do you have to rebuy it later on when its off of early access? (I never use steam)

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
If you buy it on early access do you have to rebuy it later on when its off of early access? (I never use steam)
Nope! You own the game for good. And usually for a lower price, but I don't think the final price has been talked about yet.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I have already had to fix so many things in my guide, sheesh.

Run stop in this game is super short, you can do almost any move out of a dash by just letting go of forward for one frame.

You can do an "easy" wave dash by just air dodging forward during prejump frames.

Parry is just the dodge button, no down input needed.

All of Zetterburn's specials light you on fire. His air down special has loads of kill power.

This may take more editing than I thought.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this isn't a trouble shooting thread but can someone help me?

I set up my controls and went into local vs mode. As soon as I move the cursor over a character I get this message:

FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shColorReplaceBlendExt

D3DXCompile failed - result

Can someone help please?

xquqx

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this isn't a trouble shooting thread but can someone help me?

I set up my controls and went into local vs mode. As soon as I move the cursor over a character I get this message:

FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shColorReplaceBlendExt

D3DXCompile failed - result

Can someone help please?
I had the same issue. You need to go to Microsoft's website and download the latest direct x drivers.

Dr. Bread

Smash Apprentice
Ive been playing online, and im worried that i might be lagging because after i take 2 stocks, my opponent sometimes will just walk off the edge and sd their last stock. I played against a laggy player once and i could tell instantly, but if im lagging, will i be able to tell? (may be a ridiculous question, but i dont know how videogame networking works very well)

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Spent like 3 and a half hours playing with a friend. Game is super fun, and the netcode works really well (we typically have about 100 ping, yet it was still quite smooth). Oddly, I was having the most success with Forsburn, his combos are just so deadly. Decoy is way weaker now though that you have to press a button to make it attack.

Oh well, I'll fix up my guide tomorrow (I played every character enough to know where the errors are) and then submit it to Gamefaqs.

Last edited:

Death By Hugs

Smash Apprentice
Not a bad concept at all! I thought the ice character would be fast too. But apparently he's a heavyweight. Most people seem to think he'll either be a polar bear or walrus.

Oh damn! That's one hell of a pleasant surprise. brb gettin in here
So maybe it's that he's heavy and fast but has really weak attacks. It would be like a fox that does half damage but dies around 175%. Now wouldn't that be cool?

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I hope the Ice character has a command grab, since no one else in this game can grab.

I need mah throws!

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Does the Early Access have GCC support or nah? I'm a bit low on money and I'd rather only get the game when and if it gets native support for it, I can wait.

Tene_Sicarius

Smash Cadet
NNID
TenebrisSicarius
3DS FC
3454-1920-1564
Does the Early Access have GCC support or nah? I'm a bit low on money and I'd rather only get the game when and if it gets native support for it, I can wait.
It has xbox 360 ce support, so you'd have to download the files yourself. You can get it running just as long as you're using a mayflash and not the Nintendo version

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I just found a bug. If Kragg is close enough to attempt to pick up his rock, but it moves away from him before he can, he gets a second rock. The only spot I've found so far where this is possible is on merchant port aether, just toss the rock onto the moving platform, then stand near it when it comes around and press B. Voila, two rocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Terotrous/TwoRocks_zpsm9reqtth.jpg

EDIT: This does not require the moving platform. You can do it by simply attempting to grab a rock as it falls. Just throw a rock up near the edge of a platform and mash special as it comes down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Terotrous/Rockmania_zpsycunncvw.jpg

Last edited:

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
I just found a bug. If Kragg is close enough to attempt to pick up his rock, but it moves away from him before he can, he gets a second rock. The only spot I've found so far where this is possible is on merchant port aether, just toss the rock onto the moving platform, then stand near it when it comes around and press B. Voila, two rocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Terotrous/TwoRocks_zpsm9reqtth.jpg

EDIT: This does not require the moving platform. You can do it by simply attempting to grab a rock as it falls. Just throw a rock up near the edge of a platform and mash special as it comes down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Terotrous/Rockmania_zpsycunncvw.jpg
I actually found that a few days after merchant port was added... I thought it got removed though...hmm. The throw up pull new rock is a really nice addition though! thats fascinating and... actually slightly usable... Nice find.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Does the friend battle and the random battle use different netcode? I've been getting a lot of lag on random battles, but the friend battles are almost perfectly smooth.

I was playing with some friends who are far away, too, so it isn't just like we had 10ms ping or something.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Nice game so far! I got a glitch, I came from online mode, went into training by accident, went out to local VS against a computer and randomly picked a stage and nothing loaded except the music and the timer wouldn't count down either

Don't know how to replicate it but those were the steps I did to get it

Also not sure if it is a glitch but once in freefall you can still wall jump

Also with the rock up b, if anyone is standing on it when it gets destroyed you instantly go into fall special

Last edited:
Top Bottom