• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether - Official Thread

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
I was wondering if when the early access is releasing will it fix this (This is the march version, don't know if it has been fixed yet)

Nyquil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4656-8292-7231
Any thoughts on possibly doing a Pre-order sort of thing? Pay for the game over Paypal and get access to the current Playtester build. Then when it's released on early access we get some sort of steam key? Absolutely no clue on how difficult that might be or any potential issues. Just a thought

Twisted_Winds

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if when the early access is releasing will it fix this (This is the march version, don't know if it has been fixed yet)
That's an operating system specific error. Are you using Windows XP by chance? Game Maker Studio has a tendency to not run well on Windows XP.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Any thoughts on possibly doing a Pre-order sort of thing? Pay for the game over Paypal and get access to the current Playtester build. Then when it's released on early access we get some sort of steam key? Absolutely no clue on how difficult that might be or any potential issues. Just a thought
You are literally suggesting early access for the early access...

Dan and the rest of the Devs are working really hard to get all the features they wont in the early access build in there and working now though, so they probably dont have time to organize something like this even if they wanted to. Lets just be happy we are getting to play it at the end of this month instead of Q1 2016 when the full game comes out.

4nace

Smash Ace
Hey Guys,

We are getting some of the credits together. I would like to add some of the playtesters who have given good feedback and have been with the game for a while. I have a list of people that I collected through searching the smashboards thread and r/smashbros. These will be listed into the credits as "Playtesters". What I need from each of you is:

1.) Do you want to be in the credits?
2.) If yes, do you want your full name, your tag or both? Example: Dan Fornace - 4nace
3.) If you want your name then please list your full name how you want it to be written in the credits.

Here are the people that we came up with. If you are a playtester who feels that you contributed greatly to the project and I missed your tag then please make your case (link past posts). I might have missed some people from the early days simply because I didn't have enough time to go super far back. We also plan to add some of the Early Access players who leave great feedback so you will still have a shot in the credits later.

People I need information from:
Get me your information as quickly as possible. If you miss the first round of credits, we will be doing updates throughout Early Access.

Thanks,
Dan Fornace

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Yes, I would love to be in the credits! @ 4nace 4nace , I would like to be credited as "Luke Floyd - Puppyluvv".

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
I would love to be in the credits, man. @ 4nace 4nace "Noah Hopkins - Edgekid"

By the way, for those who watch my Rivals of Aether stream over at http://twitch.tv/Reddit_Admin I didn't stream today or yesterday due to Paragon coming up. I may not stream tomorrow either due to the fact that the majority of viewers would be drawn to Paragon and I don't want to stream if all my regulars are watching the biggest Smash 4 tournament going on at the moment lol.

If anyone who pops into my stream would still appreciate me setting up the stream, let me know and I'll be up and streaming tomorrow!

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
1. For sure @ 4nace 4nace !
2 and 3. Full name and tag would be awesome! In this case it'd go like "Christopher Brough - CaptainCrisby", not "captaincrisb"!

Nyquil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4656-8292-7231
You are literally suggesting early access for the early access...

Dan and the rest of the Devs are working really hard to get all the features they wont in the early access build in there and working now though, so they probably dont have time to organize something like this even if they wanted to. Lets just be happy we are getting to play it at the end of this month instead of Q1 2016 when the full game comes out.
I understand, its just a thought considering there is already a playtester build out. I'm not suggesting it have all the fancy features that early access will have, obviously. I'm just asking to purchase the playtesters build then get a key once they finish their work and are able to put it up on early access.

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
That's an operating system specific error. Are you using Windows XP by chance? Game Maker Studio has a tendency to not run well on Windows XP.
oh,
wellllllllll shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
yeah i have windows XP

Dan Fornace
Well the only things i have done are visual bugs and some suggestions that got in the game

Last edited:

Cirby64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cirby64
Hey Guys,

We are getting some of the credits together. I would like to add some of the playtesters who have given good feedback and have been with the game for a while. I have a list of people that I collected through searching the smashboards thread and r/smashbros. These will be listed into the credits as "Playtesters". What I need from each of you is:

2.) If yes, do you want your full name, your tag or both? Example: Dan Fornace - 4nace
3.) If you want your name then please list your full name how you want it to be written in the credits.

Here are the people that we came up with. If you are a playtester who feels that you contributed greatly to the project and I missed your tag then please make your case (link past posts). I might have missed some people from the early days simply because I didn't have enough time to go super far back. We also plan to add some of the Early Access players who leave great feedback so you will still have a shot in the credits later.

Get me your information as quickly as possible. If you miss the first round of credits, we will be doing updates throughout Early Access.

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
Of course I'd love to be in the credits! I would gladly take my full name plus tag. -

EDIT: Better not have my name displayed like that now that I think about it. I've sent a PM!

Last edited:

4nace

Smash Ace
If you guys don't want to have your name shown, then PM me and leave a message here saying that you did. I will start crossing the names I get off the list soon.

Thanks,
Dan Fornace

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
If you guys don't want to have your name shown, then PM me and leave a message here saying that you did. I will start crossing the names I get off the list soon.

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
Yup, I just did this. I don't like throwing around my last name so I went to PM for that.

GatorFace

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys,

We are getting some of the credits together...
YO THAT'S LIKE LETTING ME ETCH "gayterfase wuz heer" ONTO YOUR PRICELESS MICHELANGELO SIGN ME UP.

Holy **** I appreciate the hell out of you letting me be included into the credits, especially with my lack of recent feedback. And yes I'd LOVE to be in the credits. Question though: does my name have to be put as something basic like "Trevor Chausse - GatorFace", or can it be something sillier like "'A quote I can't think of right now' - GatorFace AKA Trevor Chausse".

Last edited:

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
@ 4nace 4nace Incredibly honored! Connor Cone - AbsoluteBlack

I would also highly suggest that you include Ryan Dobbs - Dobbert and Garrett Greenwood - Serisium, or perhaps just group credit us as BigFriendlyGames - I'm the one on the playtester list, but they helped a ton in providing feedback and finding bugs.

Major shoutouts to you and everyone else involved in this project!

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
YES! I would love to be in the credits. But just as "jam1garner".

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
Yes.
Both.
Clayton Redmon - Zetterburn

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
1.I love to be in the credits as a playtester If you would let me.
2.Both
3. PH_SuperSmash77

But regardless If I get in the credits or not I'm just thankful I could play the game earlier haha

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
1)YES! Thank you!
2/3) Jacob Gordon - Someone

My tag is Someone.... its not confusing at all.

theopenlink22

Smash Cadet
Are you going to add large stages (Temple, Great Cave Offensive, etc...)?
Also... DLC characters possibly?

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
The idea for stages, from what I've gathered, is 11 stages: 1 stage for each character, and then 3 neutral-themed stages.
He definitely wants to look into giving DLC a shot in the future, but it'll ultimately depend on the reception of the game

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
More on the stage question. I have asked that too, but it seems that with the how pixel art not really dealing well with zooming out or in it might not be possible, hopefully we get something a bit bigger than fire capital though.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
More on the stage question. I have asked that too, but it seems that with the how pixel art not really dealing well with zooming out or in it might not be possible, hopefully we get something a bit bigger than fire capital though.
I, personally, wouldn't want anything much larger than Fire Capital. It's already pretty big as it is.

Death By Hugs

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it would be truly an honor to be in the credits for Rivals of Aether.
I would like to be entered as Kenneth Fuher - Death By Hugs.
Thank you.

steak4prez

Smash Cadet
@ 4nace 4nace - I'd be honored, boss.

Both: David Campbell - Steak

Thanks for having me on the playtester team! It's been a real joy playing your game the past few months. Eagerly awaiting Early Access and getting all my friends in on the action.

ChimaeraUltimo

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
I'd be honored to be in the credits!

Samuel TM - Kymaera K1ng

Last edited:

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
I'd be very happy to be in the credits! So then the 8 gift copies of Rivals I give to my friends they can see my name :p

I'm hitting this game hard and will try to run some online cups for Early Access.

Scott Nalley - Xanthus

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Apparently we're going to be receiving a release date for Early Access this week. Woo.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
Howdy, I wasn't around in the forums much but most of the info I found was sent to you via GatorfaceV. He and I had a small video series so I'm not sure if this qualifies me for the credits or not.

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
Man this game has come far in the 6 or so months since I first lurked. Good job @ 4nace 4nace and the rest of the development team!

Big Papi

Smash Cadet
NNID
BigPapi
@ 4nace 4nace

Wow, yes!

I would like to have both my name and my tag: Daniel "Big Papi" Garcia (...Now doesnt that look alot nicer than Daniel Garcia - Big Papi? ;D )

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Awww, apparently I'm not a playtester anymore, rip :(

regardless, what version is the early access?

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think the Air Armada theme could even be improved until now! So hype! Can't wait to try it out!

Top Bottom