• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether - Official Thread

TotalConnor

Smash Rookie
Just a quick thought on the new hidden character.
I think Absa looks awesome, but I hope this is not the character that was intended to get the equivalent of Falcon's knee. I see that she has a F-air similar to Zelda's with a sweet spot and I think that's really cool, but Zelda's F-air and B-air are very similar to Falcon's knee mechanically. Could Zelda's F-air have been chosen over the knee? Is Absa going to be the only character with a move like this? If this is indeed the character with a knee equivalent I was hoping that it would be given to a character more resembling Falcon's play style, fast and physical. If this is not the only character with a knee like move then I eagerly await the next one.

Absa either way still looks amazing. Keep up the god like work Dan and I can't wait to see what's next.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
1. The Uspecial is almost identical to Pikachu's upB. She turns into a ball of lightning and zips once or twice, depending on player input. Unlike Pikachu's, it can only travel in 8 directions. It even has a way to not go into special fall, a lot like PM's QAC. If Absa starts the last zip from the ground, she doesn't go into special fall. This means to avoid special fall, you can do a single zip from the ground or start the first zip in the air and end up on the ground and then do the second zip.
2. Down special starts a lightning chain around a cloud, if one exists. The chain takes a set time to detonate and destroys the cloud on detonation. Once the chain starts, the cloud no longer functions as a cloud object, meaning Absa can send another cloud out, but cannot detonate the first cloud manually anymore. If there is no cloud when Absa uses Dspecial, the chain starts around Absa and follows her wherever she goes. This version of the move gets canceled if Absa gets hit.
Can you use down special on yourself and then put out a cloud?
[/spoiler

Steel Banana

Smash Cadet
Just a quick thought on the new hidden character.
I think Absa looks awesome, but I hope this is not the character that was intended to get the equivalent of Falcon's knee. I see that she has a F-air similar to Zelda's with a sweet spot and I think that's really cool, but Zelda's F-air and B-air are very similar to Falcon's knee mechanically. Could Zelda's F-air have been chosen over the knee? Is Absa going to be the only character with a move like this? If this is indeed the character with a knee equivalent I was hoping that it would be given to a character more resembling Falcon's play style, fast and physical. If this is not the only character with a knee like move then I eagerly await the next one.

Absa either way still looks amazing. Keep up the god like work Dan and I can't wait to see what's next.
As far as I know, I don't think it's been said anywhere that a character was getting a knee-like attack, but Absa's fair is functionally identical to Zelda's fair (with slightly different frame data and stuff) and her bair is more like Ness' than Zelda's in terms of speed. As for characters with Falcon-esque playstyles, Maypul is probably the closest in RoA (fast speed with a deadly fair). Can't say anything about the last character, but Maypul will remain the most Falcon-like character in terms of speed for sure.

Can you use down special on yourself and then put out a cloud?
Yeah, you can put a cloud out after you start the Dspecial, but you can only have one lightning chain active at a time.

Last edited:

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
To me she looks like Zelda/Mewtwo. Very nice character design. I guess you could this character will be...

the GOAT :denzel:

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
To me she looks like Zelda/Mewtwo. Very nice character design. I guess you could this character will be...

the GOAT :denzel:
That was pretty bad. Spoiler stuff:
I think that pun was a spoiler, not that it matters. Really cool character! A combination of Orcane and Zelda. Great job!

Death By Hugs

Smash Apprentice
1. The Uspecial is almost identical to Pikachu's upB. She turns into a ball of lightning and zips once or twice, depending on player input. Unlike Pikachu's, it can only travel in 8 directions. It even has a way to not go into special fall, a lot like PM's QAC. If Absa starts the last zip from the ground, she doesn't go into special fall. This means to avoid special fall, you can do a single zip from the ground or start the first zip in the air and end up on the ground and then do the second zip.
2. Down special starts a lightning chain around a cloud, if one exists. The chain takes a set time to detonate and destroys the cloud on detonation. Once the chain starts, the cloud no longer functions as a cloud object, meaning Absa can send another cloud out, but cannot detonate the first cloud manually anymore. If there is no cloud when Absa uses Dspecial, the chain starts around Absa and follows her wherever she goes. This version of the move gets canceled if Absa gets hit.
Awesome! Thanks for explaining.

Miko

Smash Cadet
hey guys, been off of smashboards for a bit, not had anything to report recently - what have i missed?

steak4prez

Smash Cadet
Well, I can officially say I won a Rivals of Aether tournament.

It was a side tournament full of people trying the game for the first time, but...

So I'm at SmashCon, anybody have any questions about the new character? Besides #7, the build they have of the game feels different. Some attacks (many tilts, mainly) feel like they kill earlier and Zetterburn's U-Strong has a sweet, fluid new animation. Unless that's on the latest playtester build already?

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
Well, I can officially say I won a Rivals of Aether tournament.

It was a side tournament full of people trying the game for the first time, but...

So I'm at SmashCon, anybody have any questions about the new character? Besides #7, the build they have of the game feels different. Some attacks (many tilts, mainly) feel like they kill earlier and Zetterburn's U-Strong has a sweet, fluid new animation. Unless that's on the latest playtester build already?
#7's Down B, do the chains have a hitbox while they are circling her or her cloud?

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
The new character looks like a lot of fun! I've always been a huge fan of zoning characters in fighting games so it's nice to see another added to Rivals of Aether. Players in my local smash scene are already fed up with my Orcane, I can only imagine how they'd react if I mastered this new character. :D

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
7TH CHARACTER STUFF
New Character Moveset Specifics w/ %, some knockback description, and technical stuff
Jab: 4% each hit, can be held down for hitbox every 2 frames
Dash atk: 2 hitboxes, 3% and 8% respectively, low knockback to combo into eachother

---

D-tilt: 7%, hits ground infront of Absa
F-tilt: long startup, 5% damage, range covers entire stage of Fire Capitol minus the distance of Absa's roll, hits straight infront of her
U-Tilt: large quick oval hitbox above Absa, 10% damage

---

Dair: 6% hits forwards and upwards away, has a sweetspot that does 6% more damage ontop of normal hitbox and spikes opponents.
Nair: 5 hitboxes (Resembles melee mewtwo nair) 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 5%, upward knockback with increased knockback on last hit.
Fair: Same as Dair except sweetspot hitbox sends opponent forwards instead of downwards.
Bair: Same as Dair except sweetspot hitbox sends opponent backwards instead of downwards.
Uair: large hitbox entirely above Absa, 12% damage, upwards knockback.

---

F-Strong: 5 hitboxes, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 8%, first 4 have almost no knockback, 5th has more knockback and larger hitbox.
D-Strong: 5 hitboxes alternating front 2%, behind 2%, front 2%, behind 2%, both 5%, can very loosely link into eachother. first 4 hitboxes have knockback facing Absa, last hitbox has increased knockback facing forwards and upwards away. (Resembles a weaker version of peach Down Smash).
U-Strong: 3 hitboxes slightly above Absa, 3% up and slightly forwards, 3% up and slightly forwards, 8% with increased knockback straight upwards.

---

Grounded Neutral Special: Makes a cloud above Absa.
Aerial Neutral Special: Makes a cloud below Absa.
Neutral Special w/ Cloud out (Held down) : draws a line of electricity between you and the cloud. 12% with upward knockback.
Side Special: Makes a cloud that can be sent outwards for as long as you hold down the Special button and directionally influenced up or down (Similar to SSBM Zelda Side Special).
Up Special: Pikachu recovery that allows two directions, limited to 8 Directions (Cardinal and Intermediate), You have no landing lag if you touch the ground before using one direction, or if you use it in the air/ground, touch the ground again, then change direction upwards. Second direction has slightly more distance than the first.
Down Special: If a cloud is out, it charges up the cloud to explode after a set amount of time. If no cloud is out, It charges Absa up to explode after the same amount of time.

---

Clouds: Only one cloud can be on the field at one time. Disappears if hit with a sweetspotted move from Absa, disappears after down Special explosion, Disappears if another cloud is created by the same Absa. Also Explodes and disappears if Neutral Special is pressed while a cloud is on the field.

---

Sweetspot moves, Uair, and U-tilt tend to Kill at as low as 67%.

Second Jump is Similar to peach double jump, and aerials can be double jump cancelled.
Initial Impressions after playing with the character:
  • Strong attacks don't reliably kill
  • Charging a cloud is too short and too easy to be avoided
  • Aerials are too damn strong
  • Recovery is good. Potential problem with spamming it left to right on the ground though?
  • DJC moves are neat but not all too effective aside from minute spacing changes
  • Awesome wavedash animation and roll animations
  • Aerials and Strong attacks need to be balanced out. There's no reason for her not to be in the air throwing out hitboxes
  • Dair non-sweetspot can combo into itself constantly into a sweetspot spike super easily
  • Fair is not fair
  • Amazing color options
  • Nice sound effects, though holding jab can get annoying
  • CPU AI has no idea what to do against Absa jabs

Last edited:

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
7TH CHARACTER STUFF
New Character Moveset Specifics w/ %, some knockback description, and technical stuff
Jab: 4% each hit, can be held down for hitbox every 2 frames
Dash atk: 2 hitboxes, 3% and 8% respectively, low knockback to combo into eachother

---

D-tilt: 7%, hits ground infront of Absa
F-tilt: long startup, 5% damage, range covers entire stage of Fire Capitol minus the distance of Absa's roll, hits straight infront of her
U-Tilt: large quick oval hitbox above Absa, 10% damage

---

Dair: 6% hits forwards and upwards away, has a sweetspot that does 6% more damage ontop of normal hitbox and spikes opponents.
Nair: 5 hitboxes (Resembles melee mewtwo nair) 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 5%, upward knockback with increased knockback on last hit.
Fair: Same as Dair except sweetspot hitbox sends opponent forwards instead of downwards.
Bair: Same as Dair except sweetspot hitbox sends opponent backwards instead of downwards.
Uair: large hitbox entirely above Absa, 12% damage, upwards knockback.

---

F-Strong: 5 hitboxes, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 8%, first 4 have almost no knockback, 5th has more knockback and larger hitbox.
D-Strong: 5 hitboxes alternating front 2%, behind 2%, front 2%, behind 2%, both 5%, can very loosely link into eachother. first 4 hitboxes have knockback facing Absa, last hitbox has increased knockback facing forwards and upwards away. (Resembles a weaker version of peach Down Smash).
U-Strong: 3 hitboxes slightly above Absa, 3% up and slightly forwards, 3% up and slightly forwards, 8% with increased knockback straight upwards.

---

Grounded Neutral Special: Makes a cloud above Absa.
Aerial Neutral Special: Makes a cloud below Absa.
Side Special: Makes a cloud that can be sent outwards for as long as you hold down the Special button and directionally influenced up or down (Similar to SSBM Zelda Side Special).
Up Special: Pikachu recovery that allows two directions, limited to 8 Directions (Cardinal and Intermediate), You have no landing lag if you touch the ground before using one direction, or if you use it in the air/ground, touch the ground again, then change direction upwards. Second direction has slightly more distance than the first.
Down Special: If a cloud is out, it charges up the cloud to explode after a set amount of time. If no cloud is out, It charges Absa up to explode after the same amount of time.

---

Clouds: Only one cloud can be on the field at one time. Disappears if hit with a sweetspotted move from Absa, disappears after down Special explosion, Disappears if another cloud is created by the same Absa. Also Explodes and disappears if Neutral Special is pressed while a cloud is on the field.

---

Sweetspot moves, Uair, and U-tilt tend to Kill at as low as 67%.

Second Jump is Similar to peach double jump, and aerials can be double jump cancelled.
Initial Impressions after playing with the character:
  • Strong attacks don't reliably kill
  • Charging a cloud is too short and too easy to be avoided
  • Aerials are too damn strong
  • Recovery is good. Potential problem with spamming it left to right on the ground though?
  • DJC moves are neat but not all too effective aside from minute spacing changes
  • Awesome wavedash animation and roll animations
  • Aerials and Strong attacks need to be balanced out. There's no reason for her not to be in the air throwing out hitboxes
  • Dair non-sweetspot can combo into itself constantly into a sweetspot spike super easily
  • Fair is not fair
  • Amazing color options
  • Nice sound effects, though holding jab can get annoying
  • CPU AI has no idea what to do against Absa jabs
Question: in one of the GIFs from Dan, I could have sworn that I saw a bolt of lightning connecting #7 and the cloud during one of the attacks. How is that activated?
EDIT: after looking at #7's page, it's the second Gif

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Question: in one of the GIFs from Dan, I could have sworn that I saw a bolt of lightning connecting #7 and the cloud during one of the attacks. How is that activated?
EDIT: after looking at #7's page, it's the second Gif
Oh yeah forgot to include that. You hold B once a cloud is out and it does that

added it to the list

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Does the latest build still only support xinput controllers? My local scene was interested in the game when I first showed up with the game, but were intimidated by my logitech controllers. After that I bought an adapter so I could use Gamecube controllers. Almost everyone at there was willing to give the game a go when they could plug their own controller in. Didn't require half the coaxing or explaining I normally have to do. But after the Maypul build that only supported xinput interest died back down.

Will Rivals of Aether no longer support dinput?

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Does the latest build still only support xinput controllers? My local scene was interested in the game when I first showed up with the game, but were intimidated by my logitech controllers. After that I bought an adapter so I could use Gamecube controllers. Almost everyone at there was willing to give the game a go when they could plug their own controller in. Didn't require half the coaxing or explaining I normally have to do. But after the Maypul build that only supported xinput interest died back down.

Will Rivals of Aether no longer support dinput?
In the future support will be re-added in. You can hack for it using xbox360ce

https://www.reddit.com/r/RivalsOfAether/comments/3db7uh/the_full_gamecube_controller_guide/

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Man is that new character exciting! She has everything I want. Math... magic... lightning. That f-tilt seems super crazy though, hopefully it reflects on parry? Will it be in the early access on steam as an unlockable (or non unlockable)? Because if not... I am sad.

N00ne

Smash Rookie
New character looks amazing. Wish I could've went to Super Smash Con.

FDMajora

Smash Rookie
Someone has probably asked this already but I haven't seen it. This game when released can be played with GameCube controllers of on the pc version correct? If so, does it work with the official Nintendo Wii U adaptor or do you need a third party adaptor?

BTW: the new character looks like a ZSS and Zelda Baby

Last edited:

GatorFace

Smash Cadet
Wanted to apologize for my lack of activity. The lack of native GCN controller support and (tbh) Maypul's weak release kinda turned me off from the game a bit. However, since the former is being worked on and [REDACTED]'S LOOKIN' FRESH AS HELL, I'mma try to get back into it. And uh, since I've been gone for a bit, have there been any confirmed new stuff/patch changes for {REDACTED] patch? Tyvm in advance

EDIT: Didn't look to see the new character was meant to be super secret. My b

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Man is that new character exciting! She has everything I want. Math... magic... lightning. That f-tilt seems super crazy though, hopefully it reflects on parry? Will it be in the early access on steam as an unlockable (or non unlockable)? Because if not... I am sad.
Early access will only have 6 characters.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Thoughts on the Smashcon build:
Zetterburn is perfect. Do not touch him. My only suggestion would be to buff his non-fire strongs because those things just do NOT kill at all.
Orcane is either broken or I'm the best Orcane player in the world. Dash Attack is the best thing in the world and Down Strong is broken. I won a whole tourney with literally just dash attack combos into down strong.
Wrastor needs nerfs. Like, just all around.
Kragg could use just a LITTLE bit more speed. Other than that, perfect character.
Forsburn is perfect. Very fun juggle-based character. My only suggestion would be to put a longer cooldown on his clone. Say, 7 seconds after it dies? I won matches against campy Maypul and Zetter by out-camping them and spamming my clone. He literally did all the work for me because I couldn't do it myself.
Maypul is still broken, but I've already discussed with Dan the easiest way to fix her. Remove the damage on her seeds, and tone down her speed just a little bit. Enough so that I can actually catch her when she runs away, and so she can't punish me for teleporting to the other side of Fire Capitol. Like, seriously? Do that, and I think she's in a much better spot.
7th Character needs to be toned down a bit IMO but they're solid. Reduce range on f-tilt, remove infinite neutral special stall, and tone their numbers down a teeny bit. Buff their weight though. Why are they dying at 20 to my upairs?

TL;DR: Zetter, Kragg, Fors are good.
Orcane IDK how to feel about because he's my main.
Maypul, Wrastor, and #7 need nerfs.

This is a good game.
Also, whoever "Jacket" and "Jenga" were, I hate you both. Stupid birds. And stupid ferret.

Last edited:

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Early access will only have 6 characters.
Man that sucks... I dont want to wait till winter to play her. Here is to hoping she is unlockable by beating some included one player mode, because she looks super fun.

Dear Dan, You spoiled the playtesters. Stop holding back that sweet sweet new character we all need so much!

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Is there a July/August build yet? I only have the June one right now.

I apologize if I had to be more active to receive it, but I've been relatively busy. I ask this, though, because I plan on bringing my build of RoA to a tournament I'm going to so I can have other people try out the game, and it would be much better to have whatever the latest version for playtesters is.

I could go to these biweeklies and get more feedback than I would on my own.

The event is this saturday (Aug 15), so an answer by then would be swell.

Last edited:

Big Papi

Smash Cadet
NNID
BigPapi
Playtester here who went to SmashCon. The bros and I entered a few of the side tourneys to collect those sick character keychains! Loved meeting Dan and seeing the large variety of smashers getting exposed to the game. SmashCon was a hit, and Rivals of Aether was definitely the indie booth with the most players there all weekend long. I only got to play with the new character for a bit. As an orcane main, I could not handle her obnoxiously slow run speed. Definitely need to use her air mobility (like wrastor) to move around the map.

The only part of the new character I thought was little much was her forward tilt range. Other than that specific move, I think her character design came out perfect.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Oh another thing, does this game have any defined rules yet? Like what stages should be played in tournament and how many stocks?

Even if it's early stages and whatnot, I'd like to know if there's an optimal way to play in tournaments, so that when I possibly run a small one this Saturday I can run it properly.

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
After hearing azprojectmelee bring up the view count math I did, I decided to do another! Here are some numbers for RoA Hub.
Total views: 14,185
Number of videos: 14
Average views per video: 1,013
Subscribers: 462

Keep up the good work!

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Yuchi said:
Oh another thing, does this game have any defined rules yet? Like what stages should be played in tournament and how many stocks?

Even if it's early stages and whatnot, I'd like to know if there's an optimal way to play in tournaments, so that when I possibly run a small one this Saturday I can run it properly.
I recommend the default 3 stock. I, personally, feel Fire Capitol should be banned for Singles. It's far too large and very easy to circle-camp on. With no timer, it's absolutely horrid. All other stages are fine. Merchant Port is up for debate. I dislike how water obstructs your view of the bottom of the stage, but that's just me.

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
I recommend the default 3 stock. I, personally, feel Fire Capitol should be banned for Singles. It's far too large and very easy to circle-camp on. With no timer, it's absolutely horrid. All other stages are fine. Merchant Port is up for debate. I dislike how water obstructs your view of the bottom of the stage, but that's just me.
With (iirc) timers on the way, I don't think fire capital will be a major problem. I don't think it should be banned, but if there are possible issues, then it should be considered whether or not it should be legal. As for obstruction of view on merchant port, I see that as no reason to ban it.

Jechtire

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm the guy who won the Rivals Of Aether winners tournament at SmashCon (Jet).

Just wanted to say that Kragg is perfect and is the most fun smash character I have ever played. Good job to the devs, and I'll for sure be playing the game seriously when it comes out.

I also got some time playing the other characters and I'll give you my thoughts soon.

Also doubles in this game is godlike.

Last edited:

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Is there a July/August build yet? I only have the June one right now.

I apologize if I had to be more active to receive it, but I've been relatively busy. I ask this, though, because I plan on bringing my build of RoA to a tournament I'm going to so I can have other people try out the game, and it would be much better to have whatever the latest version for playtesters is.

I could go to these biweeklies and get more feedback than I would on my own.

The event is this saturday (Aug 15), so an answer by then would be swell.
On the July build question: there is a "semi-secret" (NOT ANYMORE) July build. it fixes Maypul a bit. Go to your June email, and redownload it.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
On the July build question: there is a "semi-secret" (NOT ANYMORE) July build. it fixes Maypul a bit. Go to your June email, and redownload it.
Ah, so the Dropbox has this fix then? Is this the only update then? Nothing major for August (besides the Smash Con build)?

Edit: Alright, I just checked and you're right. It says it was last changed 4 weeks ago. The game itself has a different date where it watermarks the build, too.

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Is it better to just play

Ah, so the Dropbox has this fix then? Is this the only update then? Nothing major for August (besides the Smash Con build)?

Edit: Alright, I just checked and you're right. It says it was last changed 4 weeks ago. The game itself has a different date where it watermarks the build, too.
The only thing more recent is the smash con build which me and AZPM people got to have for showing off to everyone who wasn't at smash con

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
The only thing more recent is the smash con build which me and AZPM people got to have for showing off to everyone who wasn't at smash con
Yeah I'd imagine that's the most recent, I just mean more like, as far as playtesters go the only recent build for us is the July fix applied to the June one?

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'd imagine that's the most recent, I just mean more like, as far as playtesters go the only recent build for us is the July fix applied to the June one?
Yep. That is the most recent one the playtesters have. Its also not secret at all.... Dan posted about it in this forum.

As for rules, I know some of the streamers to 4 or 5 stocks. I think Rivals of Dallas does 4, and maybe (??) AZPM did 5 for the evo side event. You could check that though. (NINJA EDIT: I personally like 3 stock though, but I also dont host tournaments. so take my opinion with a grain of salt.) Stages are usually just the 5 basic ones. For counter picking I think no bans is probably fine, there are only 5 stages and they are all pretty neutral.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Yep. That is the most recent one the playtesters have. Its also not secret at all.... Dan posted about it in this forum.

As for rules, I know some of the streamers to 4 or 5 stocks. I think Rivals of Dallas does 4, and maybe (??) AZPM did 5 for the evo side event. You could check that though. (NINJA EDIT: I personally like 3 stock though, but I also dont host tournaments. so take my opinion with a grain of salt.) Stages are usually just the 5 basic ones. For counter picking I think no bans is probably fine, there are only 5 stages and they are all pretty neutral.
I was thinking of running 3 stocks, and as far as stages go, I wanted to run:

Starters
  • Air Armada (A)
  • Merchant Port (B)
  • Treetop Lodge (B)
Counterpicks
  • The Rock Wall (B)
  • Fire Capitol (B)
Air Armada's Aether form is probably the least intrusive one, and I was considering Aether Merchant Port because of the rotating platforms, but I'm not a fan of the water coming out. Treetop Lodge has that plant, The Rock Wall has walk-offs and Fire Capitol feels too big and cramped at the same time (huge stage, cramped because of wall). I may just roll with all Basics though, with no banning as you said, just to allow for experimentation.
I think it's worth mentioning that I also had to cut down on which form I wanted to run when the game kinda drops frames when too many "particles" show up on screen (Forsburn's smoke, the water pillars from Merchant Port, etc.). It might just be my awful laptop at work, but I'm counting on someone else's to do the job (with an USB of course, I don't plan on giving out the build).

It's all for the sake of experimenting though so if I ever bring my build any other times I will probably adjust things depending on how it goes.

Top Bottom