• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RIP Coandme

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hello, I don't think I know any of you except for Wes, but I wanted to say to everyone affected by co_and_me's passing that my thoughts are with you. I don't know how many of you have been affected by losing someone close, but I certainly have, so I understand what this means to some of you and offer my sympathy.

I also think the card thing is a great idea and I'd really like to know how it turns out.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Only watched his vids, but he sounded indeed like a great individual. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family from mine. Hope he's looking down from a better place atm. To repeat others', the card idea is really great and I hope you guys go through with it. I think the family would appreciate infinitely. Show them that Smashers care, and as Prime said, that the bonds formed through this game are real. RIP man, happy days...

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
this is by far the most bizzarre experience i've gone through. I was actually really looking forward to being able to hang out with him when I went to georgia tech...... I'm moving up in less than a week. I've never really known someone that I cant just see anymore. He's completely alive in all my memories so how can he be dead?

We met each other at alot of tournament over the summer last year and into the fall, i and other smashers spent entire nights with him, we and others went out to eat after SAVII, I even shared a room to sleep in.

But he was definitely one of the funniest people I knew, and I feel bad for anyone who didnt know him. I wish I could say i knew him better.

I personally am saddened that I lost the chance to meet with him again. So in this topic, I'd like to commemorate it to a couple things I know he was proud of.

---His bodaciously long hair, which stopped women in their track (literally)

---His ability to make fun of someone with such an a$$hole like precision. (hilariously)

---One of his favorite moment in smash history, which was getting a n00b up to 400% percent in a tournament match with Falco lasers.

I'd like to share my own personal memory, and it is nice to see others share them as well.

When we were eating at some random diner in the middle of nowhere in a storm after SAVII, we found out the booths were not secured at all. He dared me to block the entire aisle with the booth and casually eat, which I did for 20 minutes. He nearly passed out from laughter.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I wasn't that noob that got Falco lasered to 400% at SA VII, I was however, that noob that him and Exarch teamed up on, and he infinited me to 999% while using Ness and Mewtwo. ^.^ Definately my most embarassing, but most hilarious Smash moment ever.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'll post exactly what I said in the gamefaqs thread about this.

I didn't know him, but it matters not.

He was a fellow smasher and that him a part of a bigger family and one of my brethren.

Rest in peace my fallen brother.

May you you find eternal bliss in the after life.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Color me shocked.

I didn't know Co all that well - we hung out at a couple of tournaments and he spent a day smashing with me at my place in jacksonville a year or so ago, but that's about it. I've been kinda wondering what he'd been up to lately since I hadn't heard anything from him a while, but melanoma? ****, that's terrible. My condolences to the people who knew him better than I did - friends, family, et al, and I wish I'd gotten to spend more time with him.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow...when I logged into gamefaqs..and saw this..I had to come here to believe it. I have never met Co_and_Me in person..but I have talked with him online quite a bit..and he posted in the samus forums quite a bit. It is a shock to see anyone that you know die...I am very sad at the news of this and I give my best wishs to his family and friends.

Many things happen in life that terrify us...but none quite as scary as losing someone that you know. May you rest in peace Mike. You will be remembered.

-Hylian

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
=(...I met co and me only once at Initiation. HE was a hilarious and pretty kewl guy. Him and the other mike g. were teaming at that tourney, and in the warm up for the teams my teammate and i spent 4/5 of the time playing with those 2. I was really surprised that those 2 great smashers would sit down with 2 people at their first tounrey and play with them for about 2 hours. He was a kewl guy, and i was trying to go to the next tourney, i realized one of the few reasons i was trying to go was to see him again. He was really funny and may he rest in peace. If there is a god, then mike will be at his side =).

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
mike, my first smash teammate. had many laughs with him and great times smashin with him. It was fun just hangin out with him and the nced. many memories that will not be forgotten. Condolences to his family and you Thomas, I know how close you guys were.

Lumbro

Smash Ace
Surreal

I'm.. shocked honestly. I never knew he was sick. Then again, he never did seem like the type who would burden others with his problems. What I did know was that he was always a fun/nice guy. I remember the first time he had me over to his place to play some smash and despite being a beginner to tournament-level play he stayed in high spirits and learned pretty quickly. We would joke about how he was Mike G, and he would need to battle DA's Mike G for the right to the name. At the time he was obsessed with practicing the Samus super-wavedash morphball glitch. Every time he got it to work was as good as winning the match :). I believe that it's due to Mike that tourney-level smashfests would happen in Gainesville after all of the original G-Spot left. Mike brought not only himself, but Derf and Thomas to the scene as well.

You will be missed, Mike. RIP.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
There is going to be a memorial service for him on Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at Michael's church in Jacksonville. The church is called True Lights Ministries. The address is:
7018 A.C. Skinner Parkway, Suite 280
Jacksonville, Fl 32256

Directions (once you are on I-95 in Jacksonville):
I-95 to Butler Blvd (SR 202) East(Exit 344), stay to the right, exit immediately to Belfort Rd, Right on Belfort Rd. Get in left lane, at first light, turn left, A.C.Skinner Parkway. Second entrance on right, sign "Liberty Business Park",Second building (beige) 7018, Suite 280 (near end), currently says "Source One" above door but is really the sanctuary for True Light Ministries

The memorial service is set to begin at 2:00 pm. Please come if you can. Invite anyone who wants to come.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I remember meeting him at one of Mike G's mates homes in GA. This is late, but I had no idea and happened to stumble across this thread. RIP for realz mate, good times - albeit brief - you were great! :)

Top Bottom