• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

Shök

Smash Champion
Wait..

So, there's more to Riivolution character texture hacking?

Shök

Smash Champion
All that XML stuff above is optional, don't bother. It just let's you control specific textures. Normally, either everything is enabled or disabled.
I see.

So, why would my textures not be working?

Matteron

Smash Ace
@Dikastis Shok:
Here is a complete tutorial so you can get it to work.
1. Download this xml file:
http://rvlution.net/riivolution/images/a/ac/SSBBtemplate.xml
(right click on the link and click save link as...)
2. at the root SD card maker 2 folders riivolution and ssbb
3. In the riivolution folder place the xml file
4. Place all your textures in the ssbb folder.
5. Run riivolution on your wii
6. Kick some computer arse with your textured character.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Lol. I dun get it.
I was telling you to put the subdirectories in, but apparently all files you want to replace go in the ssbb folder, no subdirectories required. (I don't usually use that method but I thought it was the same as the file replacement code...)
When you start riivolution you should see a "SSBB replacement" option to the left, make sure that you select "enabled" to the right. The file you downloaded must be a .xml file, not .txt, and leave it untouched. Also double-check your file's called "FitKoopa00.pcs", and rename it to that if it's not (assuming your texture's for bowser, I think that's it right?). The normal-coloured bowser should instead show your texture/model hack.
I'm having the same problem with Riivolution 1.01. I think it stops processing the file at a certain point, because no matter what I select none of the patches are applied.
I don't know about you, but the guy you quoted forgot an </option> after mario's options. Just scan your whole xml thoroughly, you'll find your problem somewhere. Missing a single / somewhere could destroy your whole xml.
Want to hear the error I got when I tried that? A DSI exception after I selected launch. I think the problem's that it doesn't find the variables when it's trying to patch (since no other mistake I made before gave this error), but they seem to be there.

AerialX

Smash Cadet
I was telling you to put the subdirectories in, but apparently all files you want to replace go in the ssbb folder, no subdirectories required. (I don't usually use that method but I thought it was the same as the file replacement code...)
Actually, with SSBBtemplate.xml, it's set up to replace either /ssbb/FitKoopa00.pac or /ssbb/fighter/koopa/FitKoopa00.pac
So whatever works.

I don't know about you, but the guy you quoted forgot an </option> after mario's options. Just scan your whole xml thoroughly, you'll find your problem somewhere. Missing a single / somewhere could destroy your whole xml.
Want to hear the error I got when I tried that? A DSI exception after I selected launch. I think the problem's that it doesn't find the variables when it's trying to patch (since no other mistake I made before gave this error), but they seem to be there.
You also might want to check out this, if you have an editor or program that supports XML schemas it will generally tell you whether your XML is valid or not.
If you're seeing options but enabling doesn't do anything, it could be an XML error, or it could be a path problem. Riivolution has a semi-complex system when it comes to paths if you're not rooting them; "whatever.pac" and "/whatever.pac" have totally different meanings on the SD card.

Specifically for that XML, if you were to fix the </option> problem, it wants files in...
/riivolution/ssbb/game/option/{$char}/{$file}.pcs/pac
Example, /riivolution/ssbb/game/option/koopa/koopadry.pcs
(Why? Because the external paths aren't rooted, don't start with a '/' so they get rooted with the root="" from the beginning of the XML... Which also isn't rooted itself, so it gets rooted to /riivolution by default.)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Untested. Should say brawl-, but should work with all hacks regardless

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RSB" />
  <options>
    <section name="Files">
      <option name="File Code Replacements">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="filecode" />
        </choice>
      </option>
    </section>
       <section name="Ocarina">
           <option name="Ocarina Handler">
               <choice name="VI Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
               <choice name="KPAD Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
               <choice name="Joypad Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXDraw Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXFlush Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
               <choice name="OSSleep Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
               <choice name="AxNextFrame Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
           </option>
           <option name="Codes">
               <choice name="Brawl-"><patch id="ocarinabase" /><patch id="ocarinacodes" /></choice>
           </option>
       </section>
  </options>
  <patch id="filecode">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
  <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac"/>
  </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
       <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase">
	<memory valuefile="codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
	<memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinacodes">
       <memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
   </patch>
</wiidisc>
goes in /riivolution/, name it whatever you want.xml

http://www.mediafire.com/?gntdqmzmlym goes in root

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Untested. Should say brawl-, but should work with all hacks regardless

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RSB" />
  <options>
    <section name="Files">
      <option name="File Code Replacements">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="filecode" />
        </choice>
      </option>
    </section>
       <section name="Ocarina">
           <option name="Ocarina Handler">
               <choice name="VI Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
               <choice name="KPAD Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
               <choice name="Joypad Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXDraw Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXFlush Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
               <choice name="OSSleep Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
               <choice name="AxNextFrame Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
           </option>
           <option name="Codes">
               <choice name="Brawl-"><patch id="ocarinabase" /><patch id="ocarinacodes" /></choice>
           </option>
       </section>
  </options>
  <patch id="filecode">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
  <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac"/>
  </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
       <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase">
	<memory valuefile="codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
	<memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinacodes">
       <memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
   </patch>
</wiidisc>
goes in /riivolution/, name it whatever you want.xml

http://www.mediafire.com/?gntdqmzmlym goes in /riivolution/
Is that the ocarina code handler? Does it need to have the FPC code on?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
You shouldn't need the FPC code on; most of the time when it is on, it causes a crash.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I just made a XML where you can replace things in Wii fit Plus. IDK why i picked that game though.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
lol, You are correct, Mario and bowser appear on my side now. But just to make sure everything will work when I play, here is one choice(s) that should work if I play. Would this be right?

Code:
<wiidisc version="1" root="ssbb/game/">
	<id game="RSB">
		<region type="E" />
		<region type="J" />
		<region type="P" />
	</id>
	<options>
		<macro name="Mario [Slot 1]" id="charmario"><param name="slot" value="00" /></macro>
		<macro name="Mario [Slot 2]" id="charmario"><param name="slot" value="01" /></macro>
		<macro name="Mario [Slot 3]" id="charmario"><param name="slot" value="03" /></macro>
		<macro name="Mario [Slot 4]" id="charmario"><param name="slot" value="04" /></macro>
		<macro name="Mario [Slot 5]" id="charmario"><param name="slot" value="05" /></macro>
		<macro name="Mario [Slot 6]" id="charmario"><param name="slot" value="06" /></macro>

<section name="Characters">
			<option name="Mario" id="charmario">
				<choice name="Striker Mario"><patch id="characterpatch"><param name="file" value="mariostriker" /></patch></choice>
				<choice name="Dark Mario"><patch id="characterpatch"><param name="file" value="mariodark" /></patch></choice>
			</option>
	        </section>
	</options>

<patch id="mariostriker">
		<file disc="/fighter/mario/Fitmario{$slot}.pcs" external="player/mario/mariostriker.pcs" />
		<file disc="/fighter/mario/Fitmario{$slot}.pac" external="player/mario/mariostriker.pac" />
	<patch id="mariodark">
		<file disc="/fighter/mario/Fitmario{$slot}.pcs" external="player/mario/mariodark.pcs" />
		<file disc="/fighter/mario/Fitmario{$slot}.pac" external="player/mario/mariodark.pac" />
	</patch>
</wiidisc>
And also a question or maybe a request... You said that it is already done that you could edit a part of a file? Well, I was wondering if it were possible that if you select a texture to use for a certain slot, the CSP for that slot would change to the picture according to the texture.
(EX- If I have Mario striker for Slot 1 and Slot 4, then in-game when I go to Mario's 1st and 4th outfit, the CSP will appear: Striker Mario)

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Actually, with SSBBtemplate.xml, it's set up to replace either /ssbb/FitKoopa00.pac or /ssbb/fighter/koopa/FitKoopa00.pac
So whatever works.

You also might want to check out this, if you have an editor or program that supports XML schemas it will generally tell you whether your XML is valid or not.
If you're seeing options but enabling doesn't do anything, it could be an XML error, or it could be a path problem. Riivolution has a semi-complex system when it comes to paths if you're not rooting them; "whatever.pac" and "/whatever.pac" have totally different meanings on the SD card.

Specifically for that XML, if you were to fix the </option> problem, it wants files in...
/riivolution/ssbb/game/option/{$char}/{$file}.pcs/pac
Example, /riivolution/ssbb/game/option/koopa/koopadry.pcs
(Why? Because the external paths aren't rooted, don't start with a '/' so they get rooted with the root="" from the beginning of the XML... Which also isn't rooted itself, so it gets rooted to /riivolution by default.)
Thanks, that file fixed the crash with my brawl xml. Could you do a template on partial file replacement, because whatever I try, I always end up with a crash. :ohwell:

Revven

FrankerZ
Where can you get Japanese SFX, that is, the JP smashbros_sound.brsar?
Kitty Corp had a DL link for it on their really old forums, let me see if I can dig up the link to the thread or not.

Just looked to see if their old old forums were up and no they aren't so that link is likely gone. So at this point you have two options:

1) Search Google for a download (there's a download for the ENG SFX file from what I looked, which was like 5-10 seconds)
2) Download the JPN ISO and extract it using Wii Scrubber

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Err, just tested Dant's Ocarina XML that TSON posted, wasn't sure if I was allowed to but it's working great o.o

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Hey, TSON, you know that part where I asked for people NOT to post my XML?
It's not yours. It's just the ocarina with the 255 line fix coupled with the file patch, both from the wiki. You can yell at me for the 255 line fix tho but that's pretty minor right? I hardcoded the common, info, and stuff myself

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
So, TSON, does that XML make it so that I don't have to add "_en" to the Common#'s and Info's? Also, the menu2 folder thing? If it does, thanks!

Oh, do I need to delete the XML from the Riivolution wiki in order to use this one?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yes, yes, and yes

It doesn't support all files as far as I know, but SHOULD work with most mods, if not all (BBrawl, Brawl+, etc)

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
See, I can get the custom files to load up and stuff but I'm still not getting any codes to work here. I took the B- GCT, removed the FPC and added some other codes I wanted (around 438 lines I want to say), put the codehandler.bin file and the XML file in /riivolution and I get no codes. GCT is in /codes. I enable Brawl - in Riivolution, along w/ the File Replacements and still, nothing is working. :/

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Nope, still no codes after moving codehandler.bin to the root. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in Riivolution? What exactly are you supposed to be enabling for this?

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Could anyone tell me How to use Orcarnia codes with Riivolution? I heard you have to input them in the XML but I dont know how... XD

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I don't know if I have version 1.01. I DL Riivolution from Wiibrew, saying it's 1.01, but when I start Riivolution, it says version 1.0 at the top :/ Also, I checked the date on the files and it matches the date it was released.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
I don't know if I have version 1.01. I DL Riivolution from Wiibrew, saying it's 1.01, but when I start Riivolution, it says version 1.0 at the top :/ Also, I checked the date on the files and it matches the date it was released.
Typo I believe

Top Bottom