• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley confirmed???(No not related to Masterpieces >.<) Translator would be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
**** Pokémon logic, you have a point there. I just love Ridley so much T.T I don't want him baby-ised. At least you're all coming up with decent reasons though, not just fanboy comments that really mean nothing at all.

I'll see how it goes. I'll be happy if he's not in, ready to be convinced if he is in.

-- Andy

EDIT - Aaah forum was down for me x.x. I suppose it's bye-bye the Ridley I love haha.

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
Ehi,I have some things,to say:

1)35 Roster?!?Debunked thanks to the absence of AC character:remember the sticker of Ac:

And notice that the first part of that Japanese letters are also on stickers which confirmed Lucario,Jigglypuff and Ness:

So,thinking that only an ACrosser would have a special sticker only for him...
2)Dimensions?!?Bah:have not you got that we fight not really with them,but with...their trophy?!?
Also in Melee's intro,and also in some Brawl SSE cutscenes we can understand it...
Yeah,with some differences between characters and characters,but they are trophies animated!!!:chuckle:
3)I don't know why,but I believe in it...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Just because a sticker is from something series doesn't mean it only belongs to that character, how do you know she doesn't boost Psychic characters abilities?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Ehi,I have some things,to say:

1)35 Roster?!?Debunked thanks to the absence of AC character:remember the sticker of Ac:

And notice that the first part of that Japanese letters are also on stickers which confirmed Lucario,Jigglypuff and Ness:

So,thinking that only an ACrosser would have a special sticker only for him...
2)Dimensions?!?Bah:have not you got that we fight not really with them,but with...their trophy?!?
Also in Melee's intro,and also in some Brawl SSE cutscenes we can understand it...
Yeah,with some differences between characters and characters,but they are trophies animated!!!:chuckle:
3)I don't know why,but I believe in it...
Actually that first pic doesn't deconfirm AC or the 35 character roaster at all.. Notice how where it would show AC's face is cut off from where it's supposed to be according to the jigglypuff, lucario and ness pictures.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Hmm... I wish it were true. Jiggs is definitely coming back. Falco? Ridley... I dunno about that. I just don't trust it right now.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Read the Metroid E-manga.
I just wish Nintendo would give it back to Ridley because he's been little more than a monstrous recurring boss in the games. >_<
Also, Nintandy², Ridley has been defeated too many times to have the impact you say. :ohwell:

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley IS a monstrous recurring boss. That's what makes him the bowser of metroid. yes.

No Mother Brain or Kraid have been seen in ages, even though Kraid is pretty important, and Mother Brain is arguably more important than Ridley.
Nah, Mother Brain is just a biological supercomputer that the pirates use on Zebes. "She" isn't really that important. Ridley, aside from being Samus's archnemesis, is the military leader, and as far as we have seen (except in Metroid Prime 3), the highest ranking pirate there is. He is far more important than Mother Brain.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of who's most important, I think we can all agree that Ridley's the most likely new Metroid addition if any in Brawl.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Note: Ridley is not the boss of the Space Pirates, he however, has the tittle of Supreme Commander, same with Kraid. And Mother Brain is an ugly computer. Ridley is the bad guy.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Kraid has the same rank as Ridley? I find that really hard to believe. But the manga has a lot of weight when talking about these things. So, yeah.

EDIT: lol, did we inadvertently create a new RfB topic in the General Brawl section?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Nah, Mother Brain is just a biological supercomputer that the pirates use on Zebes. "She" isn't really that important. Ridley, aside from being Samus's archnemesis, is the military leader, and as far as we have seen (except in Metroid Prime 3), the highest ranking pirate there is. He is far more important than Mother Brain.

Don't forget he's the one who orphaned and traumatized Samus to begin with.

EDIT: lol, did we inadvertently create a new RfB topic in the General Brawl section?
Of course not. <_<
Seriously, you're not supposed to let anyone know of the loop holes.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon

Just showing this. It just shows 4 different "large" characters together - 3 of them SSBB playable, 1 (currently) not.

Now does that really look that bad? Sure, it isn't perfectly proportionally accurate, and maybe Ridley could be made a smidge larger (or smaller). But I certainly don't think it looks weird or lousy or out-of-place. :)

I wanted to add more characters, but eh, I think these 4 work fine.

For some reason, this pic makes me eager for those Stickers. :ohwell:

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Ridley is in anyway. Dude ranked 3rd on the freakin poll list if I am not mistaken. He's a shoe in. But I digress

4 more days.........................

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I just wish Nintendo would give it back to Ridley because he's been little more than a monstrous recurring boss in the games. >_<
Also, Nintandy², Ridley has been defeated too many times to have the impact you say. :ohwell:

True. The games really make him look like a mindless monster, but he is actually extremely intelligent. It's amazing that just because something lacks the ability of speech, people automatically assume " MINDLESS MORON ALERT!"
Ridley has character, you just have to look beyond the screeching to see his character xD

Is this " leaker" really as credible as people say though? He's supposedly the Japanese equivalent of Serbii, but I don't know if that's official =S

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
I'm really hoping this is true. It confirms two of my most wanted characters. Since it has Jiggy and we know shes in, hopefully that ups its chances of being true.
This would make the game even more amazing, as I'm sure a lot of people would agree.
Guess in 4 days we'll find out.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
True. The games really make him look like a mindless monster, but he is actually extremely intelligent. It's amazing that just because something lacks the ability of speech, people automatically assume " MINDLESS MORON ALERT!"
Ridley has character, you just have to look beyond the screeching to see his character xD
Ridley - "RAAAAAAWRR!! SCREEECH!!! GRUUUUNT!!!!!"

People - "Yep....just another generic brainless beast."

Ridley - "....your words....they pierce me deeper than any Super Missile or Plasma energy ever could... ;___;"

@Anomilus: Yeah, but I dont beliefe Dedede is supppost to be there. He isnt really that big. They didnt down size him for Brawl.
He looked pretty big in the recent Brawl videos, especially when he was fighting Bowser. I think it's pretty darn accurate. Remember, I'm just sizing up characters as they would and do look like in the game. Nothing to do with their actual sizes.

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
And there, the Metroid manga and talking Ridley come to play, and explain the franchise.

Dais

Smash Cadet
Good pic with the 4 heavy weights. And they will all play pretty different too. Ridley would be faster and more agile (maybe weaker?) than Charizard. DeDeDe is really wierd being a heavy-weight with kirby-jumps and Bowser is, as always, a tank. So, we'd get a diverse handful of Big dudes this time. On topic, I don't know about buying exactly what this guy says. It's kinda got a touch of "its in Japanese so it must be true" to me. I plan on playing as Falco And Ridley so it would be awesome........... (sssshhhh ... don't let anyone know we're talking about ridley :chuckle: )

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
all i have to say is google translate SUCKS! (from the google translate) Oh ya.
みんなはここにいる以上、ネタバレは覚悟しているので。 Everyone here is more than a spoiler is to be prepared.
ロードリーさんを信用してないわけでもないですし。 Mr. Lee did not load does not trust me.
やっぱり何らかの情報を持っている人ですから、頼らざるをえないんです。 But I have some information from people is, ENAI depend on me.

WTF????

Don't forget he's the one who orphaned and traumatized Samus to begin with.
Well that falls under the archnemesis category.

@Anomilus: Yeah, but I dont beliefe Dedede is supppost to be there. He isnt really that big. They didnt down size him for Brawl.
He's the same size as Bowser in Brawl. And Charizard didn't get sized down either.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley - "RAAAAAAWRR!! SCREEECH!!! GRUUUUNT!!!!!"

People - "Yep....just another generic brainless beast."

Ridley - "....your words....they pierce me deeper than any Super Missile or Plasma energy ever could... ;___;"
That makes me want to hug the nearest thing. ;_;
-hugs conveniently placed plush from her dragon plushie collection-
Although yes, Ridley can talk in the manga, and he's supposed to be able to in the games.

Dais said:
On topic, I don't know about buying exactly what this guy says. It's kinda got a touch of "its in Japanese so it must be true" to me.
Not really. This website is supposed to be very reliable, and the Japanese are basically taking what this guy is saying as fact. This Mr. Lee Road must have a reputation for a reason.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Based on many previous statements I think your just saying that because Ridley supporters are around SiegK.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if ridley is a secret character in the game do you think there is a chance that reno did not see the secret characters.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Hoping this is true, Ridley is the only character I've really been pushing for.

Hey could anyone tell me where I might find this Metroid manga? It sounds cool.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Did anyone translate this yet?
http://wii-ds.com/article/80787978.html

It says something about the guy's credibility.
http://translate.google.com/transla...ii-ds.com&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en
(Click on the article that says January 26th)

"January 27th, 0:52 Addenda following article is credible information that we have confirmed the "rumor sites" to revoke the treatment. "
Interesting, but google translator sure isn't helping it make any sense. Are they saying they believe this is confirmed credible, or that they've learned it is bogus? Or something else?

Zevox

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
That's also what you said, but you misunderstood me. If the guy didn't get information about any hidden characters, how could he report a roster with 35 characters when there are only 23 starters?
go back to pojo:laugh:

there is 3 types of characters
1) Starters
2) secret( ones with the question marks )
3) hidden ( ones with no question marks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom