• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley as Samus Emisary boss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

Smash Rookie
I'm so sure this is gonna happen although a 3rd December update with Ridley would be so much better, I think this is gonna happen.

Thoughts?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No. Metroid deserves more spots, and because Ridley is one of the most popular character from Metroid who can be in...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
This thread shall be hijacked by R.I.D.L.E.Y in 5... 4... 3... 2...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ridley as Emisary boss? Agreed.

As a playable character? No thank you.

I'd rather have the Super Metroid version of Ridley intact.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, image wars are fun to watch. *gets mixed drink and kicks back to see if more show up*

I do expect Ridley is playable though, and his crazyness shall grace the world with anguish. And due to Krystal's wishlist I must now find out what NiGHTS is because the design looks kind of cool.

Wreked

Smash Lord

I've been waiting to post that.

But seriously why guys. All of you non believers say that oh he is too big. He's akward. He has music that says he is a boss. That's all you say and it can easily be countered.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I do expect Ridley is playable though, and his crazyness shall grace the world with anguish. And due to Krystal's wishlist I must now find out what NiGHTS is because the design looks kind of cool.
He's from the OTHER franchise that belongs to SEGA I believe.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ridley's song pretty much tells that he'll be a boss, I mean, is it logic to have it in a non-Ridley Metroid stage? Nah.

When fighting Ridley? Hell yeah.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Too big my third eye! What about being able to control Giga Bowser?

To Reyairia: Yes you're right, I just searched it and apparently he/she is a flying jester who doesn't speak (apparently to keep the gender ambiguous). Don't know if the character would fit well but the look is at least unique.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Ridley's song pretty much tells that he'll be a boss, I mean, is it logic to have it in a non-Ridley Metroid stage? Nah.

When fighting Ridley? Hell yeah.
Ok. The music is the music that has played in metroid games when you fight ridley. Please tell me where in that update it says that it is the music that plays when you fight ridley as a boss and not a playable character in that update.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
IMHO, I think Samus should be the only Metroid character. It would represent the lonliness you feel when you play a Metroid game.

(holds up flame shield)

Wreked

Smash Lord
IMHO, I think Samus should be the only Metroid character. It would represent the lonliness you feel when you play a Metroid game.

(holds up flame shield)
Yeah, that makes tons of sense. Since I never feel lonely playing pokemon there should be millions of pokemon!

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ok. The music is the music that has played in metroid games when you fight ridley. Please tell me where in that update it says that it is the music that plays when you fight ridley as a boss and not a playable character in that update.
Nowhere, but by the Metroid gamer's common logic, that is obvious, isn't it?

Whatever, Ridley is not confirmed for boss, but he'll pretty much fit the Boss role perfectly.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Ridley was in the Melee opening sequence, but never in the actual game...
That's completely random, but I'd love to see Ridley as a boss, it could be worked out, what with all the cross-franchises and all...

Wreked

Smash Lord
Nowhere, but by the Metroid gamer's common logic, that is obvious, isn't it?

Whatever, Ridley is not confirmed for boss, but he'll pretty much fit the Boss role perfectly.
I agree he would. But why does that mean he won't be playable. Look at Bowser and Wario. We've seen that they are villans in the se and that diddy and dk fight bowser. And as of right now bowser is on the roster. So boss=/=non pc.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Ridley as Emisary boss? Agreed.

As a playable character? No thank you.

I'd rather have the Super Metroid version of Ridley intact.
My thoughts exactly. Ridley being a PC would just ruin his image to me ( I think I posted about it in the Ridley thread once...).

Thats just my opinion though.

Off topic:

Krystal, where did you get that Marina sig, I MUST have it.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I agree he would. But why does that mean he won't be playable. Look at Bowser and Wario. We've seen that they are villans in the se and that diddy and dk fight bowser. And as of right now bowser is on the roster. So boss=/=non pc.
Of course not, but again here I bring the song into discussion: Why is it in there? And tell me being honest: Do you really think it can be a song of an stage? Nah.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Of course not, but again here I bring the song into discussion: Why is it in there? And tell me being honest: Do you really think it can be a song of an stage? Nah.
I will be honest. I could be a stage song. The song that plays when you fight ridley in se. I don't really know for sure. What I do know is that just because a song is titled Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight) doesn't mean that ridley is a boss in se and that he won't be playable.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I will be honest. I could be a stage song. The song that plays when you fight ridley in se. I don't really know for sure. What I do know is that just because a song is titled Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight) doesn't mean that ridley is a boss in se and that he won't be playable.
It could, but I don't think it's a great idea to have that kind of song in a stage, I'd prefer it for Boss battles, it fits better.

Ridley can still be playable, but this Boss thing has downed his chances of being a PC.

Wreked

Smash Lord
It could, but I don't think it's a great idea to have that kind of song in a stage, I'd prefer it for Boss battles, it fits better.

Ridley can still be playable, but this Boss thing has downed his chances of being a PC.
How just tell me how? As I said before, just because he may be a boss doesn't mean he won't be a pc. And look at the boss(es) we know so far. Petey and maybe Rayquaza. They are not at all important to there respective series. Ridley is the most recurring villan in the series and he is the one who inspired samus to become a bounty hunter. He made samus who she is. And petey you fight every once in a while. And rayquaza you can capture at the end of the game.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman

(holds up flame shield)
I actually think I get where you're coming from, which somewhat connects with what a couple others said. They don't want Ridley as playable because it seems to mess with the Metroid style/atmosphere.

Personally though I think that this being Smash Bros changes the rules. As someone else pointed out, never before has Kirby been able to suck in Meta-Knight or especially Dedede but now he can. Does it toy with the standards of the Kirby series? Yeah but it's no big deal because Smash Bros is where everyone throws their rules out the nearest window and proceeds to plant a shoe in the garden of their opponent's ***. My opinion anyway.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
if it comes to Ridley being a boss and not a playable character, i think i would cry.

honestly i dont think we need a bunch of Rildey haters. like said on the pages before, we already have an anti megaman thread we dont need anymore. just support Ridley as PLAYABLE! PLus Jigglypuff has got to team up with Ridley.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!

P.S just wait until all the R.I.D.L.E.Y members get here. they won't like it

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
How just tell me how? As I said before, just because he may be a boss doesn't mean he won't be a pc. And look at the boss(es) we know so far. Petey and maybe Rayquaza. They are not at all important to there respective series. Ridley is the most recurring villan in the series and he is the one who inspired samus to become a bounty hunter. He made samus who she is. And petey you fight every once in a while. And rayquaza you can capture at the end of the game.
That's exactly the reason why Ridley can also be a boss, eh?

Same with the Black Knight being a personal boss for Ike, right?

But did I typed that Ridley is a boss for good? No, he still got his chances, but IMO he could do a great boss.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie

The song is listed as Boss music as it was more general boss music in the Metroid games (particularly in Super Metroid I believe) and was eventually adapted to be Ridley's theme. If I am not mistaken anyway.

And of course it can be a song of a stage. Any of the songs listed on the website are likely to be chooseable through "My Music" to play on a stage. It is particularly mentioned that they are attempting to give a variety from each series to work with. It does not matter if someone can see it working as a song during a fight. I doubt most people saw the DK rap working either, and yet it was there in Melee.

And it is doubtful being a boss would harm Ridley's chances at all. It has been shown that it is quite likely that Bowser is a boss in the early game for DK/Diddy, but he is still playable.

Sakurai himself added Ridley to the poll. If he did not believe Ridley should be anything but a boss, would he of done so?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Sakurai himself added Ridley to the poll. If he did not believe Ridley should be anything but a boss, would he of done so?
Didn't he did the same with Gardevoir (Pokeball), Petey (Boss) and other characters?

Wreked

Smash Lord
That's exactly the reason why Ridley can also be a boss, eh?What? I said that petey and rayquaza were not important to their series. Ridley is far from not important.

Same with the Black Knight being a personal boss for Ike, right?
Again, what? Are yo saying that Black knight isn't important to ike? I wouldn't know anything about that, I don't know fire emblem.

But did I typed that Ridley is a boss for good? No, he still got his chances, but IMO he could do a great boss.Did I ever say that he wouldn't or shouldn't be a boss? No.
Didn't he did the same with Gardevoir (Pokeball), Petey (Boss) and other characters?

Gardevoir and Petey didn't even get multiple votes. Ridley got four.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
The song is listed as Boss music as it was more general boss music in the Metroid games (particularly in Super Metroid I believe) and was eventually adapted to be Ridley's theme. If I am not mistaken anyway.

And of course it can be a song of a stage. Any of the songs listed on the website are likely to be chooseable through "My Music" to play on a stage. It is particularly mentioned that they are attempting to give a variety from each series to work with. It does not matter if someone can see it working as a song during a fight. I doubt most people saw the DK rap working either, and yet it was there in Melee.

And it is doubtful being a boss would harm Ridley's chances at all. It has been shown that it is quite likely that Bowser is a boss in the early game for DK/Diddy, but he is still playable.

he's got a point with that. Sakurai should know what he's doing. Ridley deserves to be a playable character and if he is a boss, then it gives him more time on screen. but they better make him playable. if they dont then that's messed up.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!
JIGGLYPUFF FOR BRAWL!

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
I should of been more specific, that was not completely directed at you. It was primarily towards the idea that Ridley could not be a playable character or should always be a boss, as Sakurai apparently thinks he has potential to be playable.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I should of been more specific, that was not completely directed at you. It was primarily towards the idea that Ridley could not be a playable character or should always be a boss, as Sakurai apparently thinks he has potential to be playable.
Just to let you know, sakurai himself didn't put ridley on the poll. The poll was something done by sakurai where people suggest characters that they want in the next smash.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
What? I said that petey and rayquaza were not important to their series. Ridley is far from not important.

Again, what? Are yo saying that Black knight isn't important to ike? I wouldn't know anything about that, I don't know fire emblem.

Did I ever say that he wouldn't or shouldn't be a boss? No.

Gardevoir and Petey didn't even get multiple votes. Ridley got four.
Ok, you got me.

Anyways, I still think that Ridley may be a Boss, he could do a nice boss, but whatever... It's just one person's oppinion, I don't think it will affect much on Ridley's rep.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Ok, you got me.

Anyways, I still think that Ridley may be a Boss, he could do a nice boss, but whatever... It's just one person's oppinion, I don't think it will affect much on Ridley's rep.
I think he will be a boss too, and a great one. Sakurai would be stupid not to make him a boss. But he would be just as stupid if he didn't make him playable.

And plenty of people think the same way you do.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I think he will be a boss too, and a great one. Sakurai would be stupid not to make him a boss. But he would be just as stupid if he didn't make him playable.

And plenty of people think the same way you do.
Finally agreed on something.

With Ridley as PC is enough for me,
but if the Black Knight is... I will use him (BK) as a sandbag, it's a given.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I really think Ridley would be almost perfect as a playable peep, but due to Nintendo's horrible sense of Franchise balance (I mean, Melee only had I dunno, 9 Mario reps!), I bet Ridley won't.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I really think Ridley would be almost perfect as a playable peep, but due to Nintendo's horrible sense of Franchise balance (I mean, Melee only had I dunno, 9 Mario reps!), I bet Ridley won't.
I count five mario reps. Luigi, Mario, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario.

And Sakurai seems to be more on adding more rep to franchises(diddy).

Finally agreed on something.

With Ridley as PC is enough for me,
but if the Black Knight is... I will use him (BK) as a sandbag, it's a given.
I've been saying that I would like it if Ridley was a pc and a boss this whole thread.

Anyway yeah, we agree that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom