• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley as Samus Emisary boss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
Ridley can easily be a boss and a Pc! Ganondorf anyone? When I played him in Melee I thought of him like a boss and you unlocked him after. Same thing with ridley!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Ridley made Samus who she is. He lead the attack to kill her mom, which inspired samus to become a bounty hunter.
NORLY.

Thanks for the outdated newspaper, needed it to go with my stale coffee.

We've seen Bowser in Subspace, I'm guessing he won't play as a boss, i.e. he won't have a health bar and will have to be knocked out... that is, IF we fight him. We still don't know what happens.

Ridley should get similar treatment to Bowser... right now, methinks that Bowser can't be considered a boss in the same vein as Petey Piranha will be, or some other miniboss things from the subspace army.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ridley will be a PC and either Mother Brain or Kraid will the the bosses for Subspace. Ridley is too big? that's the only argument anti-Ridley people have?

Captain J

Smash Rookie
Ok, I'm surprised no one has used this argument yet, (as far as I know) so I'll spit it out. Ridley would be an awesome as a boss or playable character. HOWEVER, some folks may or may not believe that Ridley is not the biggest boss in teh Metroids. Mother Brain and Kraid for bosses, anyone? That's two bosses in subspace and one playable char. And IMO Sakurai is going for balance on this one.:cool:

Captain J

Smash Rookie
lol sry read the last 5 pages and skipped teh ones above meh. (don't hurt meh):embarrass

Wreked

Smash Lord
NORLY.

Thanks for the outdated newspaper, needed it to go with my stale coffee.

We've seen Bowser in Subspace, I'm guessing he won't play as a boss, i.e. he won't have a health bar and will have to be knocked out... that is, IF we fight him. We still don't know what happens.

Ridley should get similar treatment to Bowser... right now, methinks that Bowser can't be considered a boss in the same vein as Petey Piranha will be, or some other miniboss things from the subspace army.
I said that because somebody was saying that Ridley didn't have an important role in the metroid games and I was pointing out why he did.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
I saw someone say that he fits the boss role perfectly, but that is not true for how Smash Bros. bosses work. Let's look at the other bosses:

Petey Pirahna:
Not Incredibly Popular
Very Minor Character in the games
Resizing would take away most of what makes him special (He's a giant Pirahna Plant with Underwear. What would he become after this. A generic Pirahna plant with Underwear)
Not Highly in Demand

Rayquaza:
Missing Appendages. He has tiny T-Rex arms and no legs.
No demand
Consistent Size (Huge)
Too many Pokemon for competition.

Now let's look at Ridley:
Ridley:
Highly Popular
Big Demand
Resizing him would take away little of him (A big space dragon that is leader of a large band of pirates and shaped the main character into what she is->A space dragon that is leader of a large band of pirates and shaped the main character into what she is)
Major Character
Has Legs and Wings that could function as arms.
No consistent size. Much like Bowser.
Little Competition(Dark Samus? Pshhhh.)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ridley had a good chance because he's popular and demanded unlike Dark Samus, so I say Ridley for PC!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^^^Ditto

And for all of you who think that Ridley won't be playable just because of his boss music from Metroid, che.....you've fallen victim to Sakurai's mindgames. He's going to be playable. No need to try to tamper with fate with your watered down arguments.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Just one thing to say and this whole topic is done.

RILDYE FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adios!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley in for Playable Character.
It would be as stupid as excluding Ganondorf or Bowser to exclude Ridley.

DGK all day

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is a big character in the Metroid seires. Hes even bigger than Kevin Garnett standing on top of shaq and thats pretty big. Edit... I mean big as important

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
so i didnt even bother reading the first posts, just curious to know if this has been taken over by ridley supporters by now...

Oh! well! look at that! Time to close this down and head back to the Ridley thread, yes?

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
ok Ridley is almost assuredly a "boss" in this sense:

If you look on the general forum, under the video thread, look for sse vidoes, I forgot which one but in the video, Diddy and DK and trying to get their bananas back (after the video relesed on dojo) and at the end they find their bananas, but it was all a trap when Bowser appears! No vidoe of what comes next, could be a truce, but I doubt it.

Meaning-Ridley will be a "boss" but will also be playable.

platnum

Smash Lord
:enforcer::sniper::teleportg:bigrocket:rocket::ouch::chainsaw::chainsaw::smash::smiliegor:smiliegor:tnt::burst::laser:

I declare war on this thread becuase it is SuCkZOrZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom