• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley as Samus Emisary boss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
King Dedede is in Brawl, Bowser is in Brawl, Ganondorf is (more than likely going to be) in Brawl.

And at least Ganondorf is defeated by different Links in each game, but Ridley keeps getting his *** handed over to him by the same chick. If you would be complaining about Ridley being toned down, you should be complaining to Nintendo about the Metroid games, instead to Sakurai about being a PC.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I think there's a 90% chance Ridley will be a boss...BUT, on the same lines as Bowser. To that end, I think Ridley will be playable and a boss at the same time. Heck, I don't see how anyone could deny that really.

To be exclusivly a boss though is just a waste, and quite frankly there are other Metroid characters who would be better for that job. Kraid, Mother Brain, and Metroid Prime are just a few of many who are giant boss like characters who fit the role better than Ridley. Ridley's worth goes into him being playable more than anything else, and there isn't any other Metroid character who fits that spot better.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i believe that this poll should be closed, its been decided that Ridley would make for a great boss and one heck of a playable character. so both would be good,

we should all head back to the offical ridley poll. that's where im headed.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL

Wreked

Smash Lord
yeah, my bad. just want the dragon and puffball.

also, people are saying that gardevoir was confirmed as a pokeball where is this proved?
It was in a couple e for all videos, all she does is move around the stage and cast a shield for the person who threw her out. Check the stickied thread for the video. I'll help you find it.

i believe that this poll should be closed, its been decided that Ridley would make for a great boss and one heck of a playable character. so both would be good,

we should all head back to the offical ridley poll. that's where im headed.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL
Meet you there.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I think Ridley will most likely turn out to be a boss and that's it. I don't care who flames me, but I have a feeling this is what Sakurai will do.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Your feeling is donkey ****.
I don't care. I just don't see Sakurai making him a PC. He's screwed over before and he will do it again. If Ridley does make it as a PC then I'd be even happier, but right now I do have doubt on Sakurai's decisions

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I really don't care a lot what he is in the game only if he's in the game and that's almost sure he would make a good PC and a great boss so what's against it? but then again there are really no characters I don't want in brawl but I only have characters who aren't deserving enough to be in brawl and ridley is important enough to his series

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I don't think Ridley will be a boss. At all.

Why?

We have freaking Mother Brain. (The actual main antagonist)
We have freaking Kraid.

Those only being the most recognizable, but still only the tip of the iceberg, there is much more.

Why do we need Ridley to be a boss?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Ask Sakurai. Of course you do bring out good points, but Sakurai does not think like you, which is the reason Ridley will most likely be a boss.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman

Why?

We have freaking Kraid.

Those only being the most recognizable, but still only the tip of the iceberg, there is much more.

Found someone else who makes sense. yes mother brain would be great, who knows maybe ridley will go against it.

Wreked

Smash Lord

Why?

We have freaking Kraid.

Ridley made Samus who she is. He lead the attack to kill her mom, which inspired samus to become a bounty hunter.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You know meta, if you don't have anything inteligent to say besides "i think" then don't speak.

Aniway, Ridley IS the main antagonist not the orange lobe o' doom. But yeah, we have Kraid and Mother lobe.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I have plenty of intelligent things to say. I understand how big of a fanboy you are, but face it, you can't put all your trust in Sakurai to make Ridley a PC. Most likely he will be a boss.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If you want to fight Ridley as a boss then go play a Metroid game. It's time for him to be playable for once. You can go cry with the Ganon-fans if you think they took away his awesomeness when they allowed a pink puffball to defeat him. Besides, it would just look bad for Metroid, a series that today now gets grouped with Mario and The Legend of Zelda as some of Nintendo's biggest series, to STILL get only ONE representative. This is especially true when you see Ridley's high demand. We've all seen him in Smash in both of the previous games, now it's time for us to finally take control of him.

Also, from what we can tell so far, characters are faced against bosses that aren't of their series. So Ridley or any other Metroid boss probably wouldn't be for Samus. :ohwell:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
This is based off the fact that Sakurai has not made some good decisions and probably won't. I like Ridley just as much as the next guy, but something tells me Sakurai won't make the right decision.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
The size and over all style of fighting (flying almost all the time, not enough physical attacks, etc.) probably wouldn't be put into brawl very nicely in my opinion.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ask Sakurai. Of course you do bring out good points, but Sakurai does not think like you, which is the reason Ridley will most likely be a boss.
Nor you.

From things we've already seen, and things Sakurai has said, they would seem to imply Ridley has a better chance at being playable than being just a boss.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Nor you.

From things we've already seen, and things Sakurai has said, they would seem to imply Ridley has a better chance at being playable than being just a boss.
No person thinks exactly like another person. Just because someone says one thing doesn't mean that it will happen.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
This is based off the fact that Sakurai has not made some good decisions and probably won't. I like Ridley just as much as the next guy, but something tells me Sakurai won't make the right decision.
I'd recommend learning the difference between facts and opinions.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Ridley has just been confirmed *holds up a newspaper* It says here that Ridley threatened Sakurai and is now taking up suggestions for the game.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That was what I said way back when. I could write a book with Ridley is too big quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom