• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RichBrown's Random Ideas Topic

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The advice really helped me too. What was funny was at LBT 2 i usually cp'd Wario against MK. I thought "theres no way i can beat these great Mks with oli" I fight this one guy, who has a pretty good ROB. He picked MK just to pick MK. The TV we were using was on live stream. I 3 stock his MK on BF. lol
who did u play?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9300299#post9300299

is that it?

Oh and also, Olimar's fair is REALLY good... when spaced right you can't shield grab it ever 0_o
ummmmm...lets see...DDD says no...also, a lot of characters (MK, marth) would love to punish that move OOS, its good when used sparingly

and yes, that little write up of epic proportions (apparently it can be compared to when moses parted the sea) it why olimar no longer should fear mk :3

RichBrown

Smash Master
Oh yeah I know DDD can grab (charizard too I think) but I forgot to mention that. Speaking of DDD, man that matchup certainly got a lot harder... but I still **** it so it's ok :D

Last night I was playing with some people and we tested Olimar's fair on Marth's and MK's shields. Smart marths and MKs will usually try to grab Olimar when he's in the air. Yeah they can probably do some OoS stuff, but still being able to retreating fair their shield is another nice option.

LOVED the MK writeup, that's gonna help me a lot, especially since 3 of the top MKs in the nation all reside in my area >.< I never even thought of jumping sideB as being an issue, and that's one of my most favorite moves, so imma cut back on that. Thanks!

Oh and against Marth, this is gonna sound really stupid... but sometimes, a standing upB is your best option. I was thinking about it the other day, and I realized that Marth sometimes likes to enter Olimar's spacing through that 45 degree angle. Marth has no reason to ever airdodge when above Olimar, so why not just do a standing upB?

Yeah he can bait it and then run in and have happy time with olimar, but then it just becomes a matter of knowing when and when not to do it.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
tether goes through nado at anytime, correct? Then if the nado is hitting our shield cant we upB OOS and hit them everytime?

Noa.

Smash Master
Most of what Dabuz was saying not to do in his post, I already knew what to do. After getting ***** by mk, I saw so many of Fino's and Icylight's videos. I could easily see why they got tornadoed so many times. It was almost always because they were tossing. I just didn't know what to do in the matchup. Xp

RichBrown

Smash Master
Bob: UpB doesn't come out fast enough, so you would get hit by tornado during the time you let your shield down. You kinda have to predict when MK is gonna tornado, the move is a little slow so if they nado while they are close to you, if you upB on reaction you might still get hit.

Fino

Smash Master
being able to retreating fair their shield is another nice option.

I never even thought of jumping sideB as being an issue, and that's one of my most favorite moves, so imma cut back on that. Thanks!
(1) Yes, I've noticed fair/bair getting increasingly more use-ful in the mk MU (especially when landing, a general strategy for mk mains is to try to grab/pivot grab your landing *thanks for the tip @ff!n!ty)

(2) ME NEITHER! OMG, it's my favorite move too XD as soon as I made a conscious effort to be careful with my side B, a big burden of the MU got taken off my shoulders. It's so blatantly obvious, yet so obscure and hidden XD
tether goes through nado at anytime, correct? Then if the nado is hitting our shield cant we upB OOS and hit them everytime?
No, RB covered it.... but if they're holding the nado over you and it's about to finish, you can spot dodge the end of it and dsmash them.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
It works for marth and MK to upB OoS because they have invincibility frames on startup. If we even had armor frames, that would be enough to stop the whorenado.

On a DDD note: DDD can dash attack us while we are grabbing. It will jump over the pikmin and hit us :( (I want armor frames on grab)

Top Bottom