• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RichBrown's Random Ideas Topic

Noa.

Smash Master
You've done it twice so far. Even if it's a completely negligible trick or something, it's still nice to hear it. :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh... my "trick" isn't important. >.>

<.<Don't blurt it, Hilt. T___T

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
I taught Rich some new tricksies against Meta that will help recovering so much more. It always helps me to bring Tyrant to round 3 of every set. So I'll explain it in detail a bit later cause I'm tired right now ;)

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i'de like to hear troika xD

also, i was last stock with a mk who i had a feeling was going to chase me with glide attack across the screen, so i charge a fsmash seeing if it would pikmin rocket and it did. i pikmin rocketed his glide attack and killed him, and i lived the glide attack. I'm not sure if this can be useful, considering you still get hit by glide attack which is possible death...but maybe if baited correctly when you know you will live and they won't it can be useful.

also, a new recovery tactic i have been using lately that is pretty **** mind gamesy

Let's say you have a really long pikmin chain and you know it, You recover as far LOW as possible and you have a pretty good chance at recovering as long as you save your second jump. There have been multiple occasions where i knew i couldn't get back so i would fall below the screen to the point where if you don't jump you might die, they would think i'd die so they get off the edge, i then second jump and recover from below the screen. I'm not saying its smart to do but it's saved me more times than it has killed me, so i figured i'de mention. people underestimate the length of the pikmin chain severely

Fino

Smash Master
also, a new recovery tactic i have been using lately that is pretty **** mind gamesy

Let's say you have a really long pikmin chain and you know it, You recover as far LOW as possible and you have a pretty good chance at recovering as long as you save your second jump. There have been multiple occasions where i knew i couldn't get back so i would fall below the screen to the point where if you don't jump you might die, they would think i'd die so they get off the edge, i then second jump and recover from below the screen. I'm not saying its smart to do but it's saved me more times than it has killed me, so i figured i'de mention. people underestimate the length of the pikmin chain severely
lmao, I would love to see a vid of this, just so I can post a whole bunch of "miiiiiiinnd gaaammmes" signs all over it XD
<3 icy (not blue gloves >:[ )

~Fino

IcyLight

Smash Lord

lmao, I would love to see a vid of this, just so I can post a whole bunch of "miiiiiiinnd gaaammmes" signs all over it XD
<3 icy (not blue gloves >:[ )

~Fino
actually i think my video of me vs. fatal's mk that im uploading may have it in there, i use it pretty often. and i am negrolimar now have been a few months :X but blue gloves are still epic

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I had really thought that other people had done this already, I would've brought it up a while ago lol.
I **** it up a lot though, I forget to do it at the last moment and just get edgeguarded :p

IcyLight

Smash Lord
recently i had started using utilt more, and after i nair snake (most good ones DI out or perfect shield the smash anyways), i started to use utilt because it works a ton more effective. but, i noticed, they also like to DI out of utilt, or...lack of di after utilt could be a better way to describe...and if you utilt and start charging a dsmash they will fall right into it.

grounded nair > utilt > dsmash (or fsmash into a grab follow up, or jabx2 into a grab follow up, whatever you are used to)

i'd also like to mention it works at higher % as well, in which is the case i use dsmash for the kill or at least get them off the stage while keeping usmash fresher for the real final kill. it makes nair > dsmash a TON easier to use if you do the utilt between because after utilt they can't shield it, they may be able to bair in this situation but so far none of them have against me

Savvy

Smash Cadet
I am not really sure if this tech i am working on is allready out there. I have read the olimar boards pretty much top to bottom (the useful stuff anyway) and have not seen it. I have not perfected it yet so i just wanted to throw it in the idea thread to see if someone can get the commands and timing down.

Basically when your pikmin chain is latched onto the edge there is a few things you can do out of it.

-Press A to pull pull yourself up so you are hanging on the ledge.

- Press down for god knows why

The tech i have discovered is a combination of the two in a way. Again i have not perfected it and am not sure about the command sequence yet but will do my best to explain it. unfortunatly i have no way to get vids up and the 2 times that i did it perfect i couldent save the replay since it was during a match that took more than 3mins and my wii wont let me save it...

So what happened was i pulled myself up but pressed down to break off the chain before grabbing the ledge but kept my momentum and Did another up+ B split second at the other player landing onto the stage. This all happend split second. There was no time for my opponent to adapt to the situation what so ever. The second time i did it perfectly i did a Bair at the other player trying to get back on the stage. Again it happened split second i went from hanging on my chain to a point above the stage without grabbing the ledge. I Think this tech could be very useful if mastered.

I tried to recreate it on corneria but am having trouble getting the timing down. I think the control input is something like Up+B to chain the ledge then A+Down+Y+ what ever move you want to do out of it.

Savvy

Smash Cadet
This tech looks what cooler than i make it sound by the way. I really dont know how to explain it but i did my best. When i did it the first time in a friendly it was SOOO awesome.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
so you are "tether canceling" as fino called it, but while you are being pulled to the ledge from a previous tether, and using that momentum to continue upwards and doing an aerial....that is what i got from it

Savvy

Smash Cadet
so you are "tether canceling" as fino called it, but while you are being pulled to the ledge from a previous tether, and using that momentum to continue upwards and doing an aerial....that is what i got from it
Yupp basically. haha you make it sound very simple but i assure you it is not. The timing is so hard since im not 100% on the command input yet.

Useful?

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Yupp basically. haha you make it sound very simple but i assure you it is not. The timing is so hard since im not 100% on the command input yet.
the timing is difficult, but i am extremely familiar with tether tricks and stuff, so i know the commands

hanging tether upb > a to suck towards the edge> down to drop mid trajectory > jump > aerial

upb > a > down > jump > aerial all of this within a quarter of a second basically

it's basically like the tether tricks i tried to explain to other people, but you are adding the part where the chain pulls you to the edge. im gonna go try and see if i can manipulate what you are talking about, if i can i'll save a replay and ask if friend can upload for me

Savvy

Smash Cadet
Awesome. I will work on it myself when i get off work. I came up with the idea after reading your advanced tether tricks thread and was messing around on corneria.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
what i originally said was wrong. you may just be quick tethering with an upb, if you grab the edge and hit back on joystick and immediately upb and hold towards the stage, you will do an aerial tether onto the stage. if you wait a second before tethering you will re-tether and can di onto the stage without lag while still connected to the tether (llumys trick). i think you are just quick tethering llumy's trick too fast so it will do an upb,

tether > a > back/down to let go of edge (although it looks like you don't even grab it, technically same input as letting go of a tether mid-tether) > jump > aerial

tether > a > back/down > jump > aerial(upb)

EDIT: im not sure if we had a name for it, but we used to call this a lagless invulnerable aerial. you keep the ledge invulnerability and do a quick aerial onto the stage, i use this a lot with my fair. it's also possible to use tether instead of fair which would give that fluent flying motion you spoke of

Savvy

Smash Cadet
Ya i was getting the same effect when i was messing around with the tech. Lagless invincable aerials. Its a very usefull tech to use VS edge campers. ive been trying to use it vs opponents coming back onto the stage. i.e. lagless inviceable B-air or D-air spike,

RichBrown

Smash Master
That delfino match was sooooo dumb >.< I forgot it was on stream, that's just how I play lol

But yeah overall I was ****** in doubles that day, and singles went ok too :D

I'm trying to figure out how to effective incorporate Dtilt into my game still. I've realized that it's such an effective setup move, but I can never recognize a situation when to use it. I'm trying to force myself to use it now, even if I feel it's awkward, just to get a feel for the move.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
explain how that works when 80% of lucario's moves are fsmash and aura (even though dtilt does cancel a lot charge aura sphere)

RichBrown

Smash Master
bumping because my threads **** and I wanna see what fancy new ideas you guys have come up with

I mighta mentioned this one but it's really good so I'll mention it again

If you Dthrow someone at mid %, and then run past them and pivot grab, they 99% of the time DI the second throw weird, and you can fair them. Soooo good

Can someone teach me when to use Dtilt

Also... standing upB against Marth. I know I know, it sounds stupid... but why would marth EVER airdodge into us? Shouldn't a standing upB hit Marth every time? I always forget to try this, but on paper it seems like it would work, despite how punishable the move is.

I hate Marth and MK.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
The advice really helped me too. What was funny was at LBT 2 i usually cp'd Wario against MK. I thought "theres no way i can beat these great Mks with oli" I fight this one guy, who has a pretty good ROB. He picked MK just to pick MK. The TV we were using was on live stream. I 3 stock his MK on BF. lol

Top Bottom