• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhed's sing thread: Sing AT list up! New character matchup!

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Sing... has a cancel...

Oh my.
Kind of. It's not like it will put anyone to sleep. Maybe on Japes, since the stage platforms are so narrow.

@Veril: So far I can get one on Japes. I've gotten two before, but that was pure luck. Do you pull down on the control stick, before you touch the stage at all? Or at the very moment it touches the lip?

I love Jigglypuff. For awhile I retired her as a joke character/ Ice Climbers counter, but now I think I'm going user her more once I get perfect rests down and this new tech. <3

Veril

Frame Savant
Sing as a fantastic edgehog?

@Veril: So far I can get one on Japes. I've gotten two before, but that was pure luck. Do you pull down on the control stick, before you touch the stage at all? Or at the very moment it touches the lip?
I'll get back to you on that once I can give you a good clear answer. The frame window here is so small...

What I will say is that I believe that (in contrast to what I said before) it may be that you must have the control stick in neutral. Definitely not up, definitely not HOLDING down. Tapping down is tough to say because of the teeny tiny window in which you may or may not grab.

As it is, I think stalling is lame. I'll do it if I have to in order to win and its legal, but I'm really glad that this tech has a MUCH better use:

Getting your jumps back almost instantly and without going near the lip. Also for the purpose of waiting to edgehog this is amazing since by holding up you will edgegrab.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
As it is, I think stalling is lame. I'll do it if I have to in order to win and its legal, but I'm really glad that this tech has a MUCH better use:

Getting your jumps back almost instantly and without going near the lip. Also for the purpose of waiting to edgehog this is amazing since by holding up you will edgegrab.
Yay, it won't get banned. :D

You could think of it kinda like how Lucario can wall cling on FD, we just kinda, sing cling. :D

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Well this is definately the most amazing thing ever, but I still can't work on it since I don't have a wii.

sorry about not being here earlier, but I was super busy (Again) with work.

Well I'll get right on this once my wii is fixed but for now I'm just gonna lurk like hell to find out exactly how to do this.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Well this is definately the most amazing thing ever, but I still can't work on it since I don't have a wii.

sorry about not being here earlier, but I was super busy (Again) with work.

Well I'll get right on this once my wii is fixed but for now I'm just gonna lurk like hell to find out exactly how to do this.
I love how when the boards just gave up on sing, me and Veril found an insane use for it lol. Its still not a good attacking move but.....

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I know right?

Oh well. now I at least feel accomplished. All of my work did yield discovery, something incredible that someone else found using my work as a stepping stone.

Doesn't matter to me if it wasn't me who actually found it out, I'm just glad sing will at least be considered, now that we can get over twice the range and infinate jumps by using it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I know right?

Oh well. now I at least feel accomplished. All of my work did yield discovery, something incredible that someone else found using my work as a stepping stone.

Doesn't matter to me if it wasn't me who actually found it out, I'm just glad sing will at least be considered, now that we can get over twice the range and infinate jumps by using it.
Yeah, I'm so glad I made my planking video :)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Sticky thread?

cause I'll keep working on sing info once my wii is back.

Also it's the third most viewed thread on the boards and 4th longest

Top Bottom