• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Guys, urgent sad news. Only about 1 in 4 random LOLcats are new to me :(((
LOLcats are epic :O

wtf is up with this ADHD trend? stay true to your character! but i can see how diddy is as broken as mk so people will soon start practicing their diddy game :/
Its not a trend, and it didn't get started by him it got started by Ninjalink.

i wouldnt feel like a winner if i used mk
If you want to try to win a tournament with a disadvantage that is fine, the smart player would use every resource he could, and MK is one of the best ones.

I would pick up MK without even thinking twice if I was good enough with him. As it turns out, the only two characters that I've ever been able to play well are Snake, and ROB, and never at the same time.

that feeling would prolly change is you mained mk and actually won some prize money
Guero has won a couple of third places and stuffs in doubles and in smaller tournies but yeah I can definitely say it feels crazy when you actually make money, especially in Battle at the border I was like HOLY **** after that tournament..

paco27291

Smash Rookie
even easier, i am good in mk dittos :), and guero, mk is beatable just that u really have to think, be patient, and dont be knocked off the edge jajaja, oh yea and vorgy got more money cuz i gave him like $80 since we split pot, otherwise i would have gotten like $300 or a lil less

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
even easier, i am good in mk dittos :), and guero, mk is beatable just that u really have to think, be patient, and dont be knocked off the edge jajaja, oh yea and vorgy got more money cuz i gave him like $80 since we split pot, otherwise i would have gotten like $300 or a lil less
Should have taken it all. =] Then given some to brawly so he wouldnt feel bad. It should have been Pax vs Vash in the finals but vash was sandbagging =[

roninwarrior24

Smash Rookie
So apparently there's a Smash tournament at UTB tomorrow (why Thursday?) from 12 to 4. I cannot enter, though, since I have class at that time. If anyone here can enter and/or wants free gift cards, it's all yours.

roninwarrior24

Smash Rookie
need more info ronin
There really wasn't much info, but I emailed you what the person emailed me anyway. I'll probably stop by during my lunch break to see what's going on. Still confused about the whole thing, though. At least the Modern Warfare 2 tournament a few weeks back had flyers and a poster with a complete ruleset, not to mention it was on a Friday.

However, I am officially hyped for Super Street Fighter 4 now that they confirmed Ibuki, Makoto, and Dudley. Also, they pretty much confirmed that they were *tweaking* Ryu and Sagat, so it should be much more interesting (I hope...).

paco27291

Smash Rookie
So apparently there's a Smash tournament at UTB tomorrow (why Thursday?) from 12 to 4. I cannot enter, though, since I have class at that time. If anyone here can enter and/or wants free gift cards, it's all yours.
jajaja they still would have been free for me if u were in the tournament

and u have to be a student at UTB to participate i believe, Student Life is hosting it

defsithe

Smash Ace
let there be melee pl0x
it IS gobz. he said if there is interest there will be melee. im gonna work on getting majoras/ kevin/rey/fro to go.
CREW BATTLES ANYONE?!!?! hahahahhaha maybe
finally a tourney where i dont have to travel.

hopefully its at the college, so i just have to walk across the street :)
i believe its very near the campus but im not 100% on the locatin yet. info coming soon.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
12 to 4 apparently
i still dont have much information and i would like some before we attempt the drive

but i guess it doesnt matter i dont think we could make it on time

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The UTB tournament just finished, as it turns out there were two tournies..

1- Random Character / Random stages (yeah, I got one on bridge of eldin LOL) / items / laggy HD TV

1- 3 stocks, single elimination, no items, 1 round (no 2/3 ) and Final Destination only / laggy HD TV

Vash and I decided to split before the tournament but play our matches out either way, it was fun. In the random tournament Vash kept getting every character he wanted lol and I on the other hand didn't have his awesome luck haha and kept getting Bowser and other such amazing characters. I had to play a Pikachu player who actually played Pika with Pokemon Trainer lol. I pulled a Magik and rock smashed him at least 50 times, and switched to Squirtle on Smashville (0-switch!!!) for the d-throw kills haha. Somehow I gimped him by picking up a slow-motion clock on the last stock and he was about to airdodge or something and he just fell straight down and couldn't up-B lol. In the final vs Vash I got Ice Climbers vs his Snake, lol FML. I got wrecked. In the regular tournament we got to the final, Vash went Sonic vs my Snake, it was pretty close, I had a stock lead, and then Vash gimped me at less than 20% for the win.

We got 35$ overall, and we decided to split it 20 / 15 since Vash had gotten first twice and that was the only way to split the gift cards.

I spent my money wisely and bought 2 of the Ender's Saga books, Ender in Exile (which I hadn't read!) and Ender's Shadow (which I have read but didn't own).

It was fun / funny and Vash and I will have a Money Match rematch next week. :)

Oh yeah and Ronin played me in semi-finals in the Final destination tourney with his MK. Sorry Ronin :(

Vorguen

Smash Champion
If you were playing in the Random characters / Random stage / Random items then yeah, you actually had to try.

Other than that me and Vash pretty much ***** everyone and Ronin pwned himself a couple of noobies too.

roninwarrior24

Smash Rookie
I almost lost to a Snake player, though. We had to play through the Sudden Death in this tourney, regardless of the percent lead. Fortunately, though, I lucked out, and he happened to kill himself with one of his grenades. He seemed to be better than the average player there (or maybe it's just me having trouble vs. Snake).

In other news, my Metaknight is officially terrible. I literally have no clue about what I'm doing any more with him. It's like my mind goes blank if I don't have a laser gun or a banana.

Don't think it matters much, though, since there's a good chance I'll hop on the SSF4 bandwagon once it comes out and stop playing Brawl.

paco27291

Smash Rookie
I almost lost to a Snake player, though. We had to play through the Sudden Death in this tourney, regardless of the percent lead. Fortunately, though, I lucked out, and he happened to kill himself with one of his grenades. He seemed to be better than the average player there (or maybe it's just me having trouble vs. Snake).

In other news, my Metaknight is officially terrible. I literally have no clue about what I'm doing any more with him. It's like my mind goes blank if I don't have a laser gun or a banana.

Don't think it matters much, though, since there's a good chance I'll hop on the SSF4 bandwagon once it comes out and stop playing Brawl.
hahaha funny thing u say that since MK is like one of the easiest characters to pick up IMO, diddy is more of a challenge and everyone got lucky i was working, and the pics werent great, the good one that i got some pendejo put his head in it so yea u all aint coming out in the newspaper thanks to that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom