• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
haha, worry bout yourself more than those that **** on your characters. k? =]
if you're worrying about anything, you're taking this game way too seriously ;)

by the way, magik, is planking/air-planking allowed? i'm assuming yes, since the timer's so large.

Broly

Smash Lord
if you're worrying about anything, you're taking this game way too seriously ;)

by the way, magik, is planking/air-planking allowed? i'm assuming yes, since the timer's so large.
sure bro. go make a 3 man crew n think your equal to us. that wont ever happen. i hardly ever practice only days b4 the tourny, and i get top 3 most of the time. i have nothing to be worried about.

Broly

Smash Lord
broly stop **** talking for real, fuuuuck... neta i am getting tired of reading your ****t talks on this thread its getting really annoying
i do wat i want. tired of it, beat me in tourny. not get 2-0'd like last time. show the respet i deserve instead of always going against me.

paco27291

Smash Rookie
whatever, i don't see the point in turning up the time limit then. sounds pretty dumb.

broly, insults =/= cool points
Woohoo then i am the coolest guy lol, and broly u see? i am not the only one that thinks u take it too seriously, and u shouldnt be talking smack to people, u should be saying encouraging words, y eres un pinche masoquista (yea go look that word up in the dictionary since u dont know what it means)

Reizilla

Whats the big problem? is 8 minutes the god of time limits?
10 minute timer encourages stalling/campy play-styles, i.e. planking.
Is there a ledge-grab limit?

u tell ruben to show u respect, yet u say u lost all respect towards me but most of the time i 2-0 u??? show me respect PUTA!!!
For real, Broly, no one's ever going to respect you with that kind of attitude no matter how good you do. You don't go around ****-talking people one second and demanding their respect the next.

VORGY BRING BACK ORDER TO THIS THREAD!!!

10caps
mmmm, can't wait for teh buttsecks

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Sure you can plank is you wish, just keep in mind that i also reserve the right to DQ anyone for any reason as well
i thought the rules were pretty good, untill you said this.

any rule set should be concrete and unbendable.

this implies that if you were getting beaten by an opponent that was using questionable tactics (planking), yet that tactic was not banned, that you would DQ him.

any DQ would only be justified by breaking the rules. Planking is not against the rules

Reizilla

guero just earned more respect than broly. i don't mind sifting through his spam as much now.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
i thought the rules were pretty good, untill you said this.

any rule set should be concrete and unbendable.

this implies that if you were getting beaten by an opponent that was using questionable tactics (planking), yet that tactic was not banned, that you would DQ him.

any DQ would only be justified by breaking the rules. Planking is not against the rules
Ok make me a rule in plain words that will 100% get rid of planking, aha but there is no answer, take a look on the thread in the tournament discussion there have been several attempts to make a unified rule to stop it, but nothing has worked.

Things get even stranger when air planking comes into play

Therefore i believe it is up to the TO, to the best of his ability to use his own judgement for each circumstance.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
There is no need to argue, I can practically guarantee that this wont even come up during the tournament as it never does whenever something like this happens on the forums

It is not like i will flat out DQ the first second i see it, thats whats warnings are for

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Ok make me a rule in plain words that will 100% get rid of planking, aha but there is no answer, take a look on the thread in the tournament discussion there have been several attempts to make a unified rule to stop it, but nothing has worked.

Things get even stranger when air planking comes into play

Therefore i believe it is up to the TO, to the best of his ability to use his own judgement for each circumstance.
hmmm, well i personally dont think planking should be banned becaused i think its just like camping (forcing aproaches)

but if it were to be banned i would make a rule that would not interfere with the game play.

so my rule would be that only up to a certain amount of damage can be made from planking

Ex: %40

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I'm not sure you have seen true planking yet guero, damage is not the purpose of planking, it is to win the game though a time out.

And would your rule be for the whole game or for one 'session' of planking, in which the planker can stop planking or a second then continue to do it? what about characters that actually have a legitimate ledge game such as pit? how much damage is too much, where do you draw the line at?

Its very easy to see when someone is planking but hard to put into a concrete rule that would unify all attempts at planking, therefore i will be the rule, although i doubt we will have any problems with that at this tournament

shlike

Smash Ace
brawl was made to be played 'gay' (campy, defensive) if you were to ban planking you might as well ban competitive brawl.

this wont change ever. if any thing i see it going gayer, except for dubs, dubs is mad fun yo.

i might go on saturday, MAYBE i don't wanna miss out on results.

1. TEH VORGZ
2. ANDISEX
3. MSYDS
4. DANO
5. DON SEXY
6.KING(???) broly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom