• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Grabbing - Tutorial Video by SuMa

Tenki

Smash Hero
Awe, you called Ivysaur Bulbasaur.

I feel really stupid for not realizing the defensive usage of the grab for slower running characters. Well, for non-tether characters.

I always thought of using it for running behind the guy and then grabbing them @.@

Svkv

Smash Cadet
It's a good video for those unaware of this tech. You might want to change "Bulbasaur" to "Ivysaur" at the end though :bee:

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
thats nice, i never knew the revers grab could go thorough attacks, like that Fox's. and it seems to have longer range as well. I never use this, but may start to.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I try to use it a lot with Olimar's lagless and somewhat "cheap" grabs. ^__^

oliwonder

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7363-3324-0043
olimar pwns with this. u can't tell he's even grabbing because of all the other pikmin. it just looks like one pikmin is goin to the back of the line

smaci92

Smash Lord
Great! I already knew about this, but I usually only used it when the opponent sidesteped as I approached...so you taught me a new way of using it! thanks!

Crow!

Smash Lord
I believe the smash bros dojo even mentioned this at some point..

Not a bad guide. However, you made it sound like the primary use of pivot/reverse grabs is to supplement a strategy of constantly running away; I think it would be better to say that it is a tool that makes running away (or even running past your opponent) more dangerous than it otherwise would be.

Also, the bit about sliding or not sliding was news to me. Thanks for the effort.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Great! I already knew about this, but I usually only used it when the opponent sidesteped as I approached...so you taught me a new way of using it! thanks!
Yeah I see you use Zamus so thats why you find it useful =)

Never thought I would be able to make somebody use that technique O_o
what an acheivment xD

Top Bottom