• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revenge is a dish best served by Meta Knight.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
hmm. meta knight will be a huge character. mostly on wifi. and gimpy said that he has a hard time killing heavy characters. so i alredy thought of some counters. ECT

Star105

Smash Journeyman
The mystery of the Dimensional Cape has been solved. Metaknight's cool rating has just gone up.

The music is alright and is better than some I've heard for Brawl.
i agree and this game is just getting better and better

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Yay for Super Star!

Although, I am crossing my fingers for something really good tomorrow. As in new character. But I'm not complaining about this update. I like Metaknight and his song, even if it is A LITTLE incongruous...it's still a good song.

However, I would actually like the final boss song from Crystal Shards (The boss O2). 'Cause I like that game too.

I dunno, what are other very memorable Kirby songs?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
The moves I've seen but it's good to see them in detail. However....the music update was probably my favorite music update so far! I always loved Kirby Super Star and my favorite game in it was always Revenge of Meta Knight. This music alone makes up for the "eh" update it's paired with. Thank you Sakurai! ^^

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Everyone knows that you love Peach. Peach avatar, Peach name, Peach-based friends, and you insult every other game that is mentioned on these threads. You gooseberry.
That made me lol so much... lol.

This song has received some really mixed opinions though. Funny, because this was the only song that quotes "WELL? How do you like it?!", and not a lot of people do. Huh.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I just thought it was okay. lol. And, I've heard other people not liking it.

But I'm not like... AWESOME! about it. I guess maybe because it's not my fav song from there. I liked the "Taking Over the Halberd" remix it was going into.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Ridley's Theme is not as good as it could be, anyways this song is pritty good, although the Star Fox song is pritty good, although I sometimes seem to listen to the Main Theme a lot :p . If all bodes well when you get the song, who cares because you could choose a different song for the stage...

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Wow... the overwhelming disappointment from everybody is just disappointing. I'm glad they had this posted, we now know what moves actually DO instead of the names of moves for just placeholders.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
your right about that, only stuff about them we do not know is, the stuff that we do not actually play it with... err... we are able to feel when we play...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
well...it all soons comes down to this...... fridays update.....c'mon Sakurai...give us a very good thing *crosses fingers and prays that it will be one of the characters in my sig as a PC...or at least a returning character*

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
OK, I'm on my way over to those people's houses right now. If they do not post after this....... then they are on permanant vacation.

And if anyone likes the music, they get a cookie.[/QUOTE

i like the song. and i better get the cookie. or else i shun u. XD
Sorry can't post pics, but here you go! This is for everyone else who liked the song too.

http://www.images.generallyawesome2.com/photos/funny/photos/funny-fortune-cookie.jpg

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
I think this update was AWESOME!!!!!!! I really needed some clarification on Meta Knight's moves and that music was the best music yet! I keep restarting it, over and over again. I think that it is a perfect song for a battle. Also, about the reference to wing kirby, i have had an idea to make Kirby's moveset customizable. Like, in the options menu, there is an area where (restart music) one can mix up the side/up/down B attacks. Standard B stays the same because Swallow is Kirby's trademark. There could be an option to use almost all the Kirby powers:
Side B- Wheel, fighter, sword, bomb, mirror, fire, ice, hammer >:(, magic (restart m), cutter, ninja, tornado, spike, parasol, bubble, animal, UFO, cupid (unlikely), laser, beam.
Up B- Sword, fire, (rm)magic, paint, jet, ninja, wing, tornado, parasol, bubble, UFO, cupid.
Down B- Ball, mirror, (rm)fire, ice, hammer, metal, stone, crash, ninja, chef/cook(also unlikely), spike, mike, spark, animal. (rm)

These are just a few ideas! There are even more that i don't have access to information about!!!:chuckle::laugh:

Ridley22

Smash Ace
The only thing that could save the week and half of last week is Ridley being confirmed on Friday.
The original music was better.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I can't understand some of you. Kirby Super Star and Smash Bros are two of my favorite games on this earth. Music is a high priority to my entire life, and in games included.

But am I the only one who can safely say this and agree that this music BLOWS?!

It's crappy MIDIish music that even I could outdo. It doesn't fit the stage, it doesn't sound greater than the original, it isn't all that enjoyable in any way, but yet it exists. I think some of you are just in denial that 'OMG BCUZ I LUV THE ORIGINAL I WILL LIKE DA REMAEK' and that just saddens me. Learn to break away from fanboyism and evaluate things for what they are.

The only piece of music I like is the Ridley theme, and I wouldn't doubt that a better version of it exists in a previous Metroid game as I haven't played many. This music selection is turning into a real bore, and that's sad considering how the first day of the website boasted the huge list of composers.

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet
Today's update was ok, but it was really saved becuz of the music. When I first saw the update as "Meta-knight's moves", I was like "ah crap, an update that was already revealed before", but the music was really good. The orginal was better, but this one still rocks!
Meta-knight's moves- 4.7/10
Meta-knight's music-8.4/10
Today's update- 6.32/10

btw, did anyone notice that meta-knight's orginal side-b name was "triple dash", but today changes it to "Drill Dash"?

Top Bottom