• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: Tucson Round Robin 6-23-07

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty busy this summer, but maybe if we only have 1 TV recording some of the matches that we really want to see. Otherwise there's going to be too much.

Oh, and Alicia's not going to play... but if you want to keep her on the list just because she's cool you can do that. :)

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, dont overload Dan, he hasnt even finished the last tape of the T5 tourney, lol and u want him to have more tapes to upload? but yeah i like the idea of just having 1 TV to record some certain anticpated matches.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
there is a chance i might bring a person or two not sure they haven't got back to me
and i'll try getting that tv i brought to T5 to work i'll bring it
so we'll see what happens
Yeah, get that tv working, I think it was a pretty nice tv to play on.

that was the first post AND YOU DIDN'T ADD ME ON THE LIST EVEN AS A MAYBE.

thx b-will :)

..l.,
added, quit whining.

Maybe B_man maybe.
I'll take that as a no heh. Vincent and ninjade, MM's?

I'm pretty busy this summer, but maybe if we only have 1 TV recording some of the matches that we really want to see. Otherwise there's going to be too much.

Oh, and Alicia's not going to play... but if you want to keep her on the list just because she's cool you can do that. :)
Fair enough, we could do one. Oh yeah, I dunno why I put Alicia's name on the list, I'll remove her.

Can't wait...only a few days away...

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
People who are coming so far:
1. B-Will
2. AZenith
3. Ruben
4. Bowser08
5. Mr. J
6. Vince
7. Axe
8. Cutmet (Maybe)
9. jdmsquare1 (Maybe)
10. Ninjade
11. 2021
12. Dark (Maybe)
13. Light (Maybe)
14. AltF4
15. Gamer (Maybe)
16. Pomx7 (Maybe)
Where's my friend? His name is "Jujumasta". Sorry if I sound mean in this post. I'm just confused.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry about that. I thought I added him. Instead, I added "jdmsquare1" I don't know where that name came from. I changed it.

Cutmet, you want to money match me? Standard money matches are 5 dollars but I'll make it 3 because I don't want to lose too much money. Best of 5?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for changing my friend's name.

About the MM I don't know if I can. I'll see what happens though, put me on as a maybe.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
yeah i dont think ill have enough for a MM but ill see what i can do 2021 might want to though but i dont really think i can defend against yah

Return_to_Sender

Smash Cadet
sure i'll MM you as long as i get my last check i was on vacation and i currently have 3 dollars in my name and my HR can't find my last check lol but its should be all good by saturday
best of 5? the more matches the merrier right?

EDIT: I got my check MM fo sho

whiplash

Smash Cadet
hey guys im gonna be going to this name's Kris. im looking forward to this. ill wanna MM u B-will i could bring a cube, copy and maybe a tv. see u guys there!

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah i dont think ill have enough for a MM but ill see what i can do 2021 might want to though but i dont really think i can defend against yah
ok, I don't mind doing 2 or 3 dollar MM's. Prefer 5 because it makes it more exciting but I can compromise. $3 MM's against you and 2021?

sure i'll MM you as long as i get my last check i was on vacation and i currently have 3 dollars in my name and my HR can't find my last check lol but its should be all good by saturday
best of 5? the more matches the merrier right?
I'll put you down for 5 dollars then? :laugh:

hey guys im gonna be going to this name's Kris. im looking forward to this. ill wanna MM u B-will i could bring a cube, copy and maybe a tv. see u guys there!
Same with you, 5 dollars?

Sounds good ill money match any 1 son
Sure you will.

Dark, if you come, I believe we had a MM in the past we never went through with. It was your marth vs your sheik. How about this, if you come, my luigi vs your sheik 5 dollars? Should be an easy 5 for you seeing that I don't play luigi very well and sheik should own in the match I think. I just feel like playing my luigi.

****, I'm going to lose a lot of money in MM's to all of you...

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol sure b-will but im sure u will win. sheik vs a luigi is a hard match-up. luigi in imo has the advantage with priority and kills too. but lets do it, im willing to donate 5 bucks to your cause :)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
ok, I don't mind doing 2 or 3 dollar MM's. Prefer 5 because it makes it more exciting but I can compromise. $3 MM's against you and 2021?
hmm sounds interesting i guess ill have to ok but i dont wanna go against your falco if that cool 8) and 2021 will do a 5 mm also 8)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can add me to the list of TV's B-Will. Though actually we might not need it. There's no point in having a greater than 2:1 ratio of gamers to TV's. And we're just about at that point. I've never seen it happen where there will be too many TV and not enough players!

Assuming 6 TV's and 16 gamers, AltF4's Round Robin Time estimator makes...
4 Hours! (estimate)

The formula is:
n = # of participants
t = # of TV's

n(n-1) / ( 10 t ) = Total Time taken (in hours)

Those of you who know a little bit of calculus will note that since 2t =< n, the amount of time a Round Robin will take will grow geometrically even in the best of circumstances. Thus Round Robin tournaments only work with a small amount of people.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
You can add me to the list of TV's B-Will. Though actually we might not need it. There's no point in having a greater than 2:1 ratio of gamers to TV's. And we're just about at that point. I've never seen it happen where there will be too many TV and not enough players!

4 Hours! (estimate)

The formula is:
n = # of participants
t = # of TV's

Those of you who know a little bit of calculus will note that since 2t =< n, the amount of time a Round Robin will take will grow geometrically even in the best of circumstances. Thus Round Robin tournaments only work with a small amount of people.

................................MY BRAIN HURTS....................................... =(

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol sure b-will but im sure u will win. sheik vs a luigi is a hard match-up. luigi in imo has the advantage with priority and kills too. but lets do it, im willing to donate 5 bucks to your cause :)
:)

hmm sounds interesting i guess ill have to ok but i dont wanna go against your falco if that cool 8) and 2021 will do a 5 mm also 8)
Fine. I have a few other characters I can fall back on besides falco although they aren't as good. :( Sounds good.

ya $5 for me
Sweet.

4 Hours! (estimate)

The formula is:
n = # of participants
t = # of TV's

You're too good Alt. I actually aced calculus at the U of A (Math is my strong point) so it maks sense to me.

But let's hold off on you bringing a TV. We might have enough as it is. Which brings me to my next point:

So far I have

Bowser08 (1)
Mr J (1)
Ninjade (2)

All as maybes. All potential tvs coming but haven't been confirmed yet. Can you guys confirm the arrival of these tv's? If you guys bring your tvs, there won't be any point in Dan to bring his. Thanks.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Fine. I have a few other characters I can fall back on besides falco although they aren't as good. :( Sounds good..
lol thats why i ask your falco would destroy me but anyways yeah i can bring two setups for sure game cube card and tvs all confirmed

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh snap, B-Will. I don't want to ruin the suprise, but a new challenger may just have arrived for your RR...

go ahead and add ???? to the list of players

EDIT:
Although at this rate we're racking up players very quickly. If you go from 19 to 20 people it adds a half hour to the total time. Each person after that adds even more than a half hour. So we probably should cap it at 20... And I think I'll bring my TV after all :)

EDIT EDIT:
Oh also, I almost forgot. Something that proved to be very problematic with the previous large RR was keeping score. There will be a lot of people reporting many games all at once. Unless you want to have someone glued to a computer screen for the whole thing (which was me last time) you should have everyone keep a paper and pen record of their matches. That way they can keep everything moving and report more than one match at a time without forgetting results (which was also a problem).

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
B-Will, how about a $1 MM my Falco angainst your Cpt Falcon?

EDIT ^4:
Hooray for math B-Will! What major are you? I'm suprised there aren't more nerds on the boards.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
anyone wanna MM my game and watch? vs any character. Just like 1-3$ tho, cuz im a cheap ******* lol
Yeah, I'll accept. $3? heh.

Oh snap, B-Will. I don't want to ruin the suprise, but a new challenger may just have arrived for your RR...

go ahead and add ???? to the list of players

EDIT:
Although at this rate we're racking up players very quickly. If you go from 19 to 20 people it adds a half hour to the total time. Each person after that adds even more than a half hour. So we probably should cap it at 20... And I think I'll bring my TV after all :)

EDIT EDIT:
Oh also, I almost forgot. Something that proved to be very problematic with the previous large RR was keeping score. There will be a lot of people reporting many games all at once. Unless you want to have someone glued to a computer screen for the whole thing (which was me last time) you should have everyone keep a paper and pen record of their matches. That way they can keep everything moving and report more than one match at a time without forgetting results (which was also a problem).

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
B-Will, how about a $1 MM my Falco angainst your Cpt Falcon?

EDIT ^4:
Hooray for math B-Will! What major are you? I'm suprised there aren't more nerds on the boards.
major is business right now. i had to take calc I and II for some reason for one of my previous majors.

also, your falco vs my CF? I don't even play CF though... how about your falco vs my luigi? I don't really play luigi either but I'd be willing to do that.

****, 20 or so people. It's going to be packed like champ combo was or something...i have a ghetto two bedroom house right next to the u of a that is small as ****. lol. wasn't expecting this many people. oh well, I'll make it work. should be fun.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
20 people is a lot more than I thought would be there.
When are MM's happening? Before, during or after the round robins?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I figured you played Falcon since I saw you play Vectorman with him in your MM. I don't like the Luigi matchup much, but sure. It's only a dollar. :)

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
20 people is a lot more than I thought would be there.
When are MM's happening? Before, during or after the round robins?
I dunno. I'd like to do it before while everyone is there and they would make good warmups.

Oh, I figured you played Falcon since I saw you play Vectorman with him in your MM. I don't like the Luigi matchup much, but sure. It's only a dollar. :)
Yeah, which is why I don't know why I used falcon against vect heh.

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Butters wants to compile a list of Money Matches for you silly Az kids.

CutMet - 5$
Mr.J - 5$
Return_to_Sender - 5$
Whiplash - 5$
ninjade1 - 5$
Dan - Butters will MM you with C.Falcøn¿¿
Vectorman - 5$
New Rocker - 5$

------^----- Butters MM's not mine!@#!@$#!%!%!!14311231spam

whiplash

Smash Cadet
is butters going? and Mr j. u play peach? we'll see if i have enough money for all these MM.lol probably ya tho.

Return_to_Sender

Smash Cadet
yo can i drop by a bit early? my ride has other obligations to attend to and i can't use my sisters car so i figure he can drop me off a bit early?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *sigh* gimme my infractions... whatever.. can't make it.. have to work.... i jus had to piss my dad off... ; ;

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, you can arrive early if you want. Philippe is coming over early; I'm not sure why maybe just to warm up or something.

Anybody who reads this, I would appreciate it if people could bring extensions cords because I don't think I have enough outlets as of now. Also, if each of you can bring a spare chair that would be great. Like I said more people are coming than anticipated and I don't have enough seating.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I can bring an extension cord, it's not very long but it has 6 outlets or whatever they're called. I can't bring a chair though.

Top Bottom