• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Restructuring the Smash Workshop

Almas

Smash Lord
A mix between an "FYI" and gathering your opinions.

I thought I'd tidy up the Smash Workshop Brawl+ threads, since it's all a bit cluttered. Having so many stickies is annoying, and there are so many other threads which warrant the same levels of attention.

As such, I'd like to change it into one rules thread stickied and one link thread stickied. The separation would be for emphasis, they'd both link into each other.

Unstickied, there would be the following Brawl+ threads:

Code Agenda: Kept as it is, mainly, as a directory for Brawl+ codes

Brawlplusery: Changed into a formal topic, dealing only with sets deemed to be reasonably balanced at any point in time. This'd require you guys converging on a set you all agree on for the time being (without saying "well, we'll do it after code X", you'll always want something new). The idea would be to update this less and less frequently as time progresses. Responses would be expected to be formal suggestions of game-balancing changes. The thread would include in-depth information about the codeset etc.

Nightly Builds: A link into Shanus' (and anyone else who wanted one) nightly builds things. It'd be clearly labelled as being experimental and focus on trying new things out. Feedback would be more informal comments on which changes were bad. Changelogs would be given in reference to the current Brawlplusery set (e.g. a list of differences between the Brawlplusery set and the Nightly Build set). The details about each codeset would be otherwise limited.

Brawl+ Social: It's currently the big hip thing in moderation on these boards, so I think it should be worth trying. There's a lot of general chatter, and having a place for it to be dumped would be nice. Maybe it'll also reduce some of the spam on the character board, although that seems to be a mash up of overcrowded or underused depending on character. Maybe include a friend code list on it.

Bug Reports/Troubleshooting: Self explanatory, and definitely necessary. People are kinda stuck with which thread to go to. Support would be given for both PAL and NTSC, and it'd include a guide in the OP for setting up.

Comments?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Love it. And I would like to add my set to the nightly builds. I've already had 55 dls with my 7th (?) update and it would be nice to have to very different approaches to the game for the public.

Almas

Smash Lord
I don't see any reason why your set shouldn't be added to nightly builds, but you gotta stop hyping up that downloads thing. The sitesled site has 342 downloads today, and just over 11,000 downloads over the course of the month. We can presume that a significant proportion of them are re-downloads, but the same is true of any codeset posted.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Sweet, we can add my set(s) to the nightly builds as well. ;)

Everything looks good to me, Almas. Go for it.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Thought about it today and here were my ideas. I could get started on a few of them as early as today or as late as Wednesday.

-What do you guys think about locking the current Plussery and starting a new one to help new players search more efficiently though a huge topic. Then we can set up newer, more strict rules. Keep discussion of other codesets out of the topic and ask for more thorough, well written posts.

-Nightly Builds- The idea sounds good. Keeps whining down to a minimum in the Plussery and allows people to compare other codesets. I played Kupo's set and though I still vastly prefer the Plussery there are some things that might be worth looking into. Either way, it keeps clutter out of the main supported topic, the Plussery.

-Brawl+ Social: Certainly worth trying.

And here's a topic I'm willing to moderate and keep up to date.

-Smash Boards Texture Dump: A topic for texture creators to dump their textures. I was going to organize it like this: http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=yourtexturehacks&action=display&thread=278&page=1

Should draw in more texture artists to post their creations and keeps people from opening new topics just to show a new model.

Overall, I think we should get started on all of these changes this week. I'm no coder so if there are no objections I can probably head up some of the topics. (Probably Texture Dump, Social, and the Bug Reports topic. Objections?

Almas

Smash Lord
I agree that a generalized texture thing is needed. Discussion is actually going on regarding a texture forum.

It'd be very useful if you were willing to run any threads possible. I'd like to release all the new threads at about the same time (e.g. within a few hours of each other), so I'd prefer if OP's were written up before they were pasted. Which gives me an idea.

shanus

Smash Hero
I can handle the nightly builds thread no problem. Let me know when you want to do the overhaul and ill have it ready

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So I guess do we want to start a new Plussery or keep the current one? If we keep the current one I can have OPs for all three of those topics I said I'd head by Wednesday.

Almas

Smash Lord
Oh. If you want to OP a thread, do it here. Make it pretty and formatted, and I can move them to the Smash Workshop at the appropriate time.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Tons and tons of homework and any free time after that is raiding Ulduar so I didn't get the topics done. Hopefully I'll have it down tomorrow.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Double post

When we make these topics someone (I can do it) should sticky a topic of new Brawl+ acronyms and sayings. For example what KBG or ALR means.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm going for the spam record!!!

Three of my topics are up, check em out and gimme feeback before we move them over. I wasn't sure how to format the social topic and am completely open to suggestions.

D

Deleted member

I had a slight note on the terms, but all three look good

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Hey, when are we gonna actually transfer this stuff over? We are getting behind. For example, CloneHat already took my texture hack post.

Almas

Smash Lord
Was kind of waiting for Alopex to update his thing. I guess I'll do it tomorrow night. Clonehat can have the thread, it'll reduce the workload on you.

Top Bottom