• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Requesting Lock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aibou

Smash Master
:random: Fresh Out the Box! :random:

Okay guyyyyyys, it's time for another tournament! Since I don't have wifi, I'm going to put my efforts into hosting more tournaments. Yay!

Anyway, for the story behind this tourney. This will be a regular 16 man (or woman, I don't judge), double elimination tournament. Of course, like all of my tournaments, there's a catch. The character and stage selection will be limited to only those available at the very start of the game. The character and stage list are as follows:

Characters:
:mario2: :dk2: :link2: :samus2: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :fox: :pikachu2: :diddy: :zelda: :shiek: :pit: :metaknight: :pt: :ike: :peach: :yoshi2: :popo: :dedede: :bowser2: :wario: :warioc: :olimar: :lucas:

Starter Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

Counterpick Stages:
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Distant Planet
Pictochat <3
Rainbow Cruise <3
Brinstar

Additional Rules:

*I am adamantly going against the new BBR ruleset because I think it's trash.*

• 3 stock

• 8 minutes

• Items Set to OFF and NONE

• Damage Ratio 1.0

• Stage Striking is allowed, but not required so long as both players agree. As there are 9 starter stages, one player strikes 3 stages, the next player strikes 4 stages, and then the first player chooses which stage to play on of the remaining two. Who strikes in what order is entirely up to you.

• Counterpicking: The winner of a game will choose TWO stages to ban, the loser then chooses their counterpick. Then the winner declares their chosen character. Afterward, the loser chooses their character and the next match begins. Winner MUST declare a character change or else they forfeit that game. You may NOT counterpick a stage that you have won on in that set unless it is agreed upon by both players.

• Stalling is banned: Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects. (copy/paste/edit ftw)

• MK's Infinite Cape is banned.

• All standing infinite chaingrabs are banned.

• If the match ends due to a suicide kill (Kirby/DDDcide, Bowser's SideB), the player that executed the move will be declared the winner regardless of sudden death or what the game says.

• In the event of the timer running out, the winner will be determined by who has the highest stock. If those are tied, then winner will be determined by the higher percent. If both are equal as well, then Sudden Death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 3 minute game with the SAME characters and the SAME stage will be played. Winner of that match wins the game. Repeat this match as many times as it takes for a winner to be declared.

• Ledge grab limit on any stage that's not Norfair is 50. Ledge grab limit on Norfair is 75. If you need to plank to win, you suck. End of story.

• Unplayable lag will be dealt with via coin flip.

• I understand wifi is very frustrating, but keep the rage in the thread to a bare minimum. If you have a problem with your opponent, take it to VMs/PMs please.

• HAVE FUN!

Miscellaneous Information:

• http://cubonesbrawlladder.webs.com/chat.htm<-- A xat for easier communication if you'd like to use it. Don't spam it or you will be banned.

• There's no character limit to your sign up. Please use the standard entry format when signing up: Username/Online Tag/Friend Code/Characters
    For example: Venomout/Venom/0002-6011-9207/:zelda: :metaknight:

HAPPY BRAWLING!

Aibou

Smash Master

Aibou's Kirby da bess :cool:

Entrants:

1) The Nameless Wanderer/ Plusl / 0388-5662-9269 / :olimar:

2) PwnerBren7 / Saya~ / 5155-2594-0929 / :metaknight: :dedede: :ike: :samus2: :zerosuitsamus: :olimar: :popo:

3) Zeldspazz/Wrath/1462-4424-9642/:wario: :metaknight: :olimar: :dedede: :popo:

4) DTK.L / DTK / 4383-3728-0966/:ike: :dedede:

5) Ponyo/ Ponyo / 4770-2319-3830 / :random:

6) Kofu / YoAto /3480-2408-7824 / :warioc: :shiek: :bowser2: Aibou's Kirby

7) Shadowfirex100 / SogeK / 3824-8826-1903 / :pt: :olimar: :pikachu2: :fox: :dedede: :diddy: :ike:

8) Jbandit / J or ~XI~ / 3781-9670-1788 / :lucas: :zerosuitsamus:

9) sh33n / Asul / 0990-3264-1704 / :pt:

10) Gordo Michael / Gordo / 4768-7106-9699 / :dedede: :fox: :ike: :peach: :metaknight:

11) Laiq/Laiq/ 3781-8196-9609/ :wario: :mario2:

12) NightSky/Minun/1935-2220-3712/ :olimar:

13) Link2thelost90/Link9/2664-8387-0330/ :metaknight: :mario2: :olimar: :dk: :pt: :ike: :kirby2: :warioc:

14) PromiKupo / Grey / 4683-0120-9931 / :random: <_<

15) Cubone/Qbone/1892-5519-8814/:pikachu2::diddy:

16) thegreatkazoo/ KAB or other tags / 2922-8999-6173 /:zelda: :mario2: :dk2:

Waiting List:

1) Sonic Storm/Josh/3094-1282-9792/:yoshi2: :warioc: :bowser2: :olimar:

Third Round Winner's Bracket (Due September 7th)

Loser's Bracket

Bracket Link!

Current Results

1)
2)
3)
4)
6)
6)
8)
8)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I took the "box" comment literally and thought the only characters were the characters that lie on the border of the CSS.

Put me on the waiting list, sine I jave no clue if wifi is available at ou.

Sonic Storm/Josh/3094-1282-9792/:yoshi2: :wario2: :bowser2: :olimar:

EDIT: legalize Pipes.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Zeldspazz/Wrath/1462-4424-9642/:wario: :metaknight: :olimar::dedede::popo:

You told me to use better characters so **** it. I will (un)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Lol the first four are using olimar. The hype from Apex is lasting.

Nothing wrong with Pipes. You just close-minded.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Shadowfirex100/SogeK/3824-8826-1903/:pt::olimar::pikachu2:
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nce6OfT6ZIM?fs=1&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nce6OfT6ZIM?fs=1&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Aibou

Smash Master
PromiKupo / Grey / 4683-0120-9931 / :random: <_<

I take it that means you'll be using all of the available characters.

Adding everyone now. Glad Night actually joined something for a change (smirk)

Aibou

Smash Master
I don't have to stick with my selected characters?

There's no limit to the amount of characters you can use. If you want to use more, just say so.

Quit stealing my shtick! :mad:

thegreatkazoo / KAB or other tags / 2922-8999-6173 /:zelda: :mario2: :dk2:

Only three chars? The sky is falling! :O

Adding, thanks for being the 16th. Oh and thanks for adding the link to your profile too. Makes things easier on me lol.

Alright this is now full. I'll get to making brackets now. Any further signups will be added to the waiting list.

EDIT: Brackets and deadline up in 2nd post.

Laiq

Smash Rookie
Whoops, my secondary, Captain Falcon, isn't allowed in this tournament. Can I switch that to :mario: and :yoshi: ?

Aibou

Smash Master
Dear me, I didn't even notice that xD Bad TO is bad...Changing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom