• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replace a Character With..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Remove the current Ganondorf. Replace with Black Shadow for people who like the ''Slow, harder hitting'' Captain Falcon, and extra F-Zero representation.
Make a new Ganondorf as such :

Remove Dark Pit and bring back Wolf
Remove Lucina and replace with Ridley.
Remove Bayonetta. Add Rundas.
Dr. Mario is replaced by Paper Mario.
Roy is replaced by Dixie Kong.
Remove Corrin. Add King K. Rool.
Cloud is replaced with Inklings

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I am not saying that I don't agree with you. I am only saying that YOU MUST BE DESTROYED!

I actually don't have anything against you, though. King Dedede just happens to be one of the most wonderful things in existence.

Also, Lucina, Dark Pit and doctor mario should be replaced with Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Rayman and let's say Juan from Guacamelee. (I am actually not a big Rayman fan, he'd just be much more necessary than any of those three.)

Also, how is Dedede not necessary? I think his moveset is pretty unique, and I believe that's what matters when it comes to being necessary.
It was more of a joke. He really does annoy me to no end when fighting him in Smash, but he's probably my favorite Kirby character.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
It was more of a joke. He really does annoy me to no end when fighting him in Smash, but he's probably my favorite Kirby character.
Well, that is fine. I probably would also be fine with it if you really disliked Dedede. Nothing good would come from arguing over that should you or should you not like him anyways.

And I probably can agree with the fact that Dedede is a bit annoying. However, I am often the one playing Dedede, so it only gives me joy.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
:4wiifit:= King K. Rool
:4darkpit:= Dixie Kong
:4lucina:= Tiki
:4miibrawl:= Sceptile
:4miisword: = Bandana Dee
:4miigun:=Dark Samus
:4tlink:=Impa
:4megaman:= Wolf
:4sonic:= Isaac
:4pacman:= Isabelle

:4bayonetta:= Midna
:4corrin:= Rythym Troupe/Chorus Men
:4ryu:= Elma
:4cloud:= Inkling

Perikong M.TurtleBits

Smash Rookie
NNID
PeriInTheFamily
I'm really dissapointed with the Fire Emblem picks for Smash 4. I think 6 characters is too many but what's worse is that 5 of them represent the swordsmen class. FE is known for its weapon triangle (Swords - Spears - Axes) so it shouldn't get representation of just sword class. Also Lucina and Roy are my least favorite Smash characters of all time. So I would replace :4lucina:, :4feroy: and :4corrin: with other characters from the same series that represent spears or axes. And also leave the number FE characters at 5 or 4, because I don't think FE deserves more reps than Zelda.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I'm really dissapointed with the Fire Emblem picks for Smash 4. I think 6 characters is too many but what's worse is that 5 of them represent the swordsmen class. FE is known for its weapon triangle (Swords - Spears - Axes) so it shouldn't get representation of just sword class. Also Lucina and Roy are my least favorite Smash characters of all time. So I would replace :4lucina:, :4feroy: and :4corrin: with other characters from the same series that represent spears or axes. And also leave the number FE characters at 5 or 4, because I don't think FE deserves more reps than Zelda.
Yeah, you're right. I would like Anna and Tiki instead Corrin and Lucina.

LobotomyPop :^)

You fricked up, mister.
Dr. Mario with Paper Mario. I'm sure people would appreciate another Mario that has an original moveset. He would have his own stage too that would make everyone 2D. Maybe the battle theater from TTYD? Basically like Mr. Game and Watch and his Flat Zone.
There is a Paper Mario stages, lmao.

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
Lucina for Ephraim. Or Hector. Or even Tharja. So many other unique Fire Emblem characters they could've chosen :'(
Just look at that potential :)

IAmHorse

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-3124-0028
Does replacing palettes count?
after you mentioned palette swaps, i find it REALLY weird how no one has mentioned replacing one of :4jigglypuff:s palettes (imo the flower one) with the headband jiggs from melee XD
i would also personally change american :4mario: to the og jumpman :4mario:, every other :4pacman: palette to ms. pacman, dark :4tlink: with outset island :4tlink:, and dark :4link: with just about ANYTHING.

as for character swaps, i wouldnt mind seeing :4darkpit: or :4drmario: being swapped with :snake: and :wolf:. :4greninja: for :squirtle: would also be nice. Changing:4cloud: or :4bayonetta2: for duster from mother 3 would be like a dream to me.

EDIT: actually, duster would be hype as hell for me, but who id truly want to be swapped in is dante from DMC. Like why is bayonetta even in the game but not Dante?

Last edited:

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
I might be alone in this, but I feel as if I would replace Corrin with Klonoa.

Corrin is really fun to play as, but the FE series is somewhat overrepresented in Smash Bros. Even in DLC, there's two characters of the same universe compared to the others, being Roy and Corrin. I personally don't have anything negative to say about Corrin, being that, like I said, he's really fun to play as, but again, the FE series in Smash Bros feels overrepresented.

In general, the FE series is pretty good though.

Next, I feel maybe replace Bayonetta with Snake.

As much as that she's fun to play as, I don't really have much to say about why. It's kind of obvious.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
:4darkpit: - Replaced by Wolf on the main roster, is released as DLC with a more distinct moveset down the line.

:4bayonetta: - Replaced by Ridley.

:4lucina: - Replaces Roy as DLC, retains that moveset.

Last edited:

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I replace:

I like playing as them but I'd replace :4miif: with Hunters from Monster Hunter (and I replace :4miibrawl:,:4miigun: and :4miisword: with the Dual Blades, the Bow and the Switch Axe)

:4tlink: with :linkmelee: with a moveset based on Majora's Mask and Hyrule Warriors or himself with a moveset based on The Wind Waker and its sequels.

:4drmario: with :wolf:

:4duckhunt: with :popo:

I like :4darkpit: too but I'd prefer a Trident'n'Magic based :4ganondorf:

:4pacman: with Sora from Kingdom Hearts

:4littlemac: with Ridley or Dark Samus

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Replace :4darkpit:, :4palutena: or :4lucas: with Snake. Dark Pit because Attack of the Clones is not a good movie (oi puns), Palutena because the way they implemented her specials is borked when customs are disabled (plus it seems lopsided giving Kid Icarus 3 slots and Star Fox only 2), or Lucas because if they're never going to bring Mother 3 out of Japan, then why are they teasing us with a sort-of-clone of Ness? Replace one of those with Snake mainly because his moveset was really fun to play.

Or better yet, make DLC out of whoever Norman Reedus ends up being in Death Stranding and give him Snake's brawl moveset (except a better down throw). That way, we can also avoid paying Konami copyright fees as an added bonus.

Kaprica

Smash Rookie
Here's what I would do.
Make :4lucina: like :4robinf: but for :4marth:, and put :wolf: in her place.
. . .
Agreed, though I wouldn't change Lucina's fighting style, since it happens to be the one I'm best at. :/

I'd switch out Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, Corrin and those Mii fighters I'm not sure anyone chooses.
Though they were pretty cool... Adding different weapons instead of one fighting style like in Brawl.

And with Pokemon in the roster, why not just bring back :pt:?
You could have Charizard, Greninja, and a grass type like Torterra, Sceptile, or Serperior at the same time!

:4darkpit: with Viridi
:4drmario: with Shovel Knight
:4wiifit: with Skull Kid
:4mii: with Inkling

Not sure about these ones ( :rosalina: , :4corrin:, :4littlemac:,:4cloud:, :4bayonetta: ) but I'm pretty sure there are other characters that would be cooler and a lot more different than these move sets.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Replace Lucina or Dark Pit with, say, Dixie Kong, K. Rool or someone else who could have a UNIQUE MOVESET.

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
I would replace Dark Pit or Lucina with King K. Rool. We don't need the extra clones, and we also need a villain from the DK series.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I would replace Dark Pit or Lucina with King K. Rool. We don't need the extra clones, and we also need a villain from the DK series.
Right, we've got Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, a couple of anti-heroes, and you CANNOT give me the excuse that K. Rool is too big. Ridley's one thing, but K. Rool is a good size for Smash. This game could do with a few more villains.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Right, we've got Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, a couple of anti-heroes, and you CANNOT give me the excuse that K. Rool is too big. Ridley's one thing, but K. Rool is a good size for Smash. This game could do with a few more villains.
Wait, when has it ever said that K. Rool is too big?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
:4corrin:for Andy
:4bayonetta:for K. Rool
:4darkpit:for Isaac
:4wiifit:for Crash
:4lucina:for Young Link
:rosalina:for Snake
:4greninja:for Wolf

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I would replace Ryu with Chun Li, Cloud with Yuna from Final Fantasy X, Bayonetta (as much as I love playing as her) with Phoenix Wright, Lucina (same as with Bayo) with Azura, Dark Pit with Wolf, Jigglypuff with Sceptile

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
:4lucina: for King K. Rool
:4olimar: for :popo:
:4charizard: for the :pt: with :squirtle:, :ivysaur:, and :charizard: implemented
:4darkpit: for :snake:
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: with shovel knight ( id settle for a customize-able villager over mii fighters)

Last edited:

Alexander1583

Smash Rookie
why is everyone replacing the characters that have little to no effort put into them as stated Sakurai, with characters that would easily take as much effort, resources, time etc... as characters that had been planned out from the start?. Thats not how choosing characters work...

D

Deleted member

why is everyone replacing the characters that have little to no effort put into them as stated Sakurai, with characters that would easily take as much effort, resources, time etc... as characters that had been planned out from the start?. Thats not how choosing characters work...
Because some people (myself not included) really dislike clones and would rather have their "slots" be taken by more unique characters.

Alexander1583

Smash Rookie
Because some people (myself not included) really dislike clones and would rather have their "slots" be taken by more unique characters.
Again, thats not how it works. Nobody will "inherit" those slots unless they themselves are clones. I could understand it if they really took over other characters slot( like robin did with chrom, for example), but this isn't the case. The whole clone argument just seems to be people trying to find a scapegoat as to why x or y character didnt make it in. (I know you are just the messenger, im just leaving my opinions on the whole thing)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Again, thats not how it works. Nobody will "inherit" those slots unless they themselves are clones. I could understand it if they really took over other characters slot( like robin did with chrom, for example), but this isn't the case. The whole clone argument just seems to be people trying to find a scapegoat as to why x or y character didnt make it in. (I know you are just the messenger, im just leaving my opinions on the whole thing)
I don't believe :4robinm: "took" Chrom's spot, as some like to suggest. Sure, Sakurai gave him some consideration, but the spot wasn't necessarily his to begin with, I would think. Honestly, with Chrom being one of the newest characters at the time, I thought it might happen too, but Sakurai ultimately went with the tactician since he brings more to the table than yet another blue-haired swordsman ever would (hell, Chrom even says so himself in the :4palutena:'s Guidance conversation when :4robinm: is in play).

But yes, clones can't really take another character's spot, due to clones only taking a fraction of the time it takes to fully implement a brand new character, time that the devs might not have for the project.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There's no rule that original characters can't replace clone characters for this thread though.

Last edited:

Alexander1583

Smash Rookie
There's no rule that original characters can't replace clone characters for this thread though.
Then whats the point?, 90% of the answers where going to be: replace clone with original character.

Might as well just ask what character do people want in the game.

Alexander1583

Smash Rookie
I don't believe :4robinm: "took" Chrom's spot, as some like to suggest. Sure, Sakurai gave him some consideration, but the spot wasn't necessarily his to begin with, I would think. Honestly, with Chrom being one of the newest characters at the time, I thought it might happen too, but Sakurai ultimately went with the tactician since he brings more to the table than yet another blue-haired swordsman ever would (hell, Chrom even says so himself in the :4palutena:'s Guidance conversation when :4robinm: is in play).

But yes, clones can't really take another character's spot, due to clones only taking a fraction of the time it takes to fully implement a brand new character, time that the devs might not have for the project.
True, Chrom might just had been a consideration rather than a secured spot like most people liked to think(mostly talking about the whole "lucina replaced chrom" that, for some reason, some people still believe). But still, this is the closest case the smash franchise has ever gotten to "stealing a spot" (even if it might not have been the case). Truth be told, i dont really care about either character, was just trying to get a point across.

PigPen910

Smash Rookie
NNID
PigPen910
3DS FC
5344-1886-2173
These are just ideas, if you disagree don't take it to heart. I'm not one for arguements.

Now that you guys are telling me, I guess we can replace :4bayonetta: with Bomberman.
And :4wiifit: can go so we can get Shovel Knight
King K Rool > :4corrin:
:4greninja: < Squirtle and/or Ivysaur
:4drmario: < Paper Mario
:4tlink: < :snake:
:4darkpit: < :wolf:
:4lucina: < (Call me cringelord but I think this would be ok, but impossible to get into the game) Darth Vader

Last edited:

KirbyDes1996

Banned via Administration
If you could replace any character in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS (DLC included), who would you replace with who?

For instance, replacing Corrin or Bayonetta with Bomberman :glare:
Dude, no.
Bomberman is kinda useless when he just throw bombs all the time. :4corrin:/:4corrinf: should stay because he/she has a unique movesets than him, also you hated fire emblem because you think they ruined the whole Nintendo franchises of smash and you calling it a otaku weeboo bait.

I say No! :4corrin:/:4corrinf: should definitely not replace.

KirbyDes1996

Banned via Administration
Sorry man but I can't stand all of these Fire Emblem characters lol They should've stopped it with Marth, Roy, and Ike imo.
No way. You just hate fire emblem in general because of these characters. I like seriously! If awakening is not selling good back then, the franchise would be dead! Thanks to you.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
No way. You just hate fire emblem in general because of these characters. I like seriously! If awakening is not selling good back then, the franchise would be dead! Thanks to you.
Well I've seen a lot of FE fans say they don't like the direction the series is going in since awakening. A lot of us don't hate FE, we just hate that there are so many FE characters in smash. Robin should've been the only FE newcomer honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom