• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replace a Character With..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Replace :4megaman: with Pink Gold Peach.
Replace :4fox: with another Fire Emblem character.
Replace :4falcon: with Metal Mario.
Replace :4sheik: with Classic Dark Pit.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Replace :4lucina: with ANYONE. Just get rid of this cancerous character.

Replace :4corrin: with :pichumelee:. That or the ACTUAL ballot winner. I'm still not convinced that the ballot wasn't just meant to troll us and crush our dreams.

Replace :4palutena: with :snake:. :snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::snake:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:sadeyes:
Well that just killed my mood...
Why cancerous? I can understand not liking her but that feels exaggerated...
My guesses are:
  1. Lucina is a Fire Emblem character, a series that some people believe is overrepresented.
  2. Lucina is a clone, a type of character that won't satisfy most people's need for original movesets.
  3. Lucina is a combination of the previous two guesses, a Fire Emblem clone. So around 25% of the Smash community are fine with or like her, and 75% absolutely despise her. Possibly.
It could be either one, really.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
My guesses are:
  1. Lucina is a Fire Emblem character, a series that some people believe is overrepresented.
  2. Lucina is a clone, a type of character that won't satisfy most people's need for original movesets.
  3. Lucina is a combination of the previous two guesses, a Fire Emblem clone. So around 25% of the Smash community are fine with or like her, and 75% absolutely despise her. Possibly.
It could be either one, really.
I don't have a problem with him not liking her, if you don't like her, more power to you. But saying that she's cancerous is nothing but rude.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't have a problem with him not liking her, if you don't like her, more power to you. But saying that she's cancerous is nothing but rude.
Oh no, I'm quite fine with her, actually. I was just listing some reasons as to WHY he might have called her cancerous. I wasn't implying that not liking Lucina was a bad thing or anything of the sort. But I guess we'll never know his reasoning until he replies.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Oh no, I'm quite fine with her, actually. I was just listing some reasons as to WHY he might have called her cancerous. I wasn't implying that not liking Lucina was a bad thing or anything of the sort. But I guess we'll never know his reasoning until he replies.
Ah, no, I wasn't implying you had a problem with her. When I said
if you don't like her, more power to you.
"you" was sort of in general, not directed towards anyone, but I guess I didn't make that clear, sorry.
Well, the people who PLAY her are the biggest reason I hate her. You want to try anything but Counter? No? Well, screw you.
You do realise that, like, that's the player's fault and not the character's?
How many characters have a counter in this game other than her, again? :4corrin::4myfriends::4littlemac::4marth::4palutena::4feroy::4shulk: and probably more, so it's not like she'd the only character where you can spam that.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
How many characters have a counter in this game other than her, again? :4corrin::4myfriends::4littlemac::4marth::4palutena::4feroy::4shulk: and probably more, so it's not like she'd the only character where you can spam that.
She's the one who it's most common with, so I generally relate Counter spamming to her.

Also, CORRIN HAS A COUNTER TOO? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHY DON'T THEY JUST TAKE EVERYONE'S DOWN B AND REPLACE IT WITH A COUNTER? THAT'S IT. I QUIT. I'M DONE. I GIVE UP. I'M GOING TO GO PLAY PROJECT M OR BRAWL MINUS. ANYTHING BUT COUNTERS: THE GAME.

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
She's the one who it's most common with, so I generally relate Counter spamming to her.
I play Lucina quite often and I'm fond of her as a character when compared to other Fire Emblem characters. (I prefer to use her over Marth because she feels faster and flows well with my style of combat.)

But I agree with Family, it's not the character's fault that they have a counter special, it's the player's fault for using it so often and I can say it does get annoying at times. But other players much like myself prefer to use moves other than counter, counter is actually one of the moves I use the least out of Lucina's arsenal and are better with her other special moves. Spamming the counter is just a way of life for the people who can't master her other attacks. :shades:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Replace :4lucina:'s backwards roll animation with :4link:'s backwards roll animation.
:4lucina:'s Dolphin Jump is replaced with :4myfriends:'s Aether.
One of :4zelda:'s Neutral B customs is replaced with :4pit:'s Neutral B.
Replace :4drmario:'s Worksheet with :4mario:'s Cape, so that Doc can stall midair like Mario.

Well, the people who PLAY her are the biggest reason I hate her. You want to try anything but Counter? No? Well, screw you.
If everyone's using Counter, it should be easy to see it coming, correct? Also, rather salty of you to condemn a character because of one specific move, despite other having that same move/resource.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
If everyone's using Counter, it should be easy to see it coming, correct? Also, rather salty of you to condemn a character because of one specific move, despite other having that same move/resource.
I am horrible at hitting her during the inactive frames, and most of my mains have terrible throws (Yoshi, Villager, etc.). Also, whenever they do the "I cannot lose" taunt twice after a shield break I just start foaming at the mouth and can't concentrate at all.

Maybe I just suck, though.

Okay, no more talking about this. Just pretend I never posted on this thread. Go on with your lives. Maybe get some ice cream or something. Just take your minds off of everything I have said here. Goodbye.

Last edited:

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
Replace :4darkpit: with Klonoa because he'd be another Namco representative AND a character who needs the attention he deserves.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Lucina with Wolf.
Dr. Mario with King K. Rool.
and maybe Dark Pit with Inkling.

Yup that's pretty much it.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Replace :4lucina: with Bandana Dee
Replace :4feroy: with Inklings
Replace :4corrin: with Jibanyan
Replace :4bayonetta: with Shadow the Hedgehog

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
i'd replace mario with the void and megaman with a literal sack of **** that can't even move. later i would change ike into charlotte and bayonetta just would not exist no thanks.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Now. Let me get this out of the way. I LOVE CORRIN. Corrin is one of my core mains at the moment and is one of the more unique characters in the Smash series (And I love unique characters). That being said, replace him with Shantae/Hat Kid/Shovel Knight. Corrin is great, but one of these deserves the spotlight more.

You probably know who the first and last characters are, but you're probably asking... "Who's Hat Kid?" My answer is: Look up 'A Hat In Time'. It looks fantastic.

Secondly, replace Dark Pit with Viridi. Another one of my mains. Although, this one's not a big deal considering Pit plays pretty much the same. How you would make Viridi into a Smash character isn't really my problem, but with her in the game, we'll have rounded out the main Kid Icarus: Uprising protagonist cast.

Thirdly: Get rid of Dedede for literally any character. I don't care what character it is. It could be a god-forsaken Magikarp for all I care, he is NOT NECESSARY. (At least nerf him or give him a higher skill level. Please? >.<)

7NATOR

Smash Master
REPLACE Mario with Dark Bowser
REPLACE Megaman with A Call of Duty Soilder
REPLACE RYU WITH DANTE
REPLACE SONIC WITH HARRY POTTER

you guys do know this reply is a joke, i hope

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
To be honest, I think pretty much every character is fine and I wouldn't want to drop MOST of them.

(TL;DR at bottom of post)

I do not want to get rid of any character just because I have any sort of vendetta against them, or hatred, or anything like that, just to be clear. I'll start off by naming two characters that I actually enjoy using a whole lot:

:4lucina: and :4corrin: / :4corrinf:

I was super happy when Lucina was announced for Smash 4. I have always loved sword users in Smash, and I had been waiting a long time for a female swordsman, representative of my own gender, to finally be a playable character. I was asking for Lyndis, but Lucina turned out to be a pleasant surprise in her own right. I have been very happy to be able to play her. That being said, I think Lyndis would have been a more unique character that I would have also been very happy with. And I think she would clearly be less divisive to fans.

We'd also have 1 less Fire Emblem rep, because I would not replace Corrin with another Fire Emblem character (and I think Corrin's gameplay is great, but)... I would replace Corrin with Geno, from Super Mario RPG. He has been a high-demand character, but I also think that he would be able to bring a fun moveset and playstyle to back up that hype. Sure, he's another Mario character, but SMRPG is different enough from core Mario games to stand out in itself, and the series could also offer a great stage and excellent music.

Now for two characters that I don't use much (but don't hate outright):

:4darkpit: and :4bayonetta:

I would replace Dark Pit with Dark SAMUS. If you just look at Dark Samus' Assist Trophy, you can see the potential that she had to differentiate herself from Samus with really weird, alien Phazon energy attacks. I think she would have been a fantastic character, far more interesting and different compared to her 'light' counterpart than Dark Pit ended up being (if they had changed up the Kid Icarus: Uprising weapons in Dark Pit's arsenal more compared to Pit's, I think he could have been better).

Finally, Bayonetta. Perhaps I do have some bias against the character in this one, because it was not a character I was even remotely interested in seeing be a part of the Smash 4 roster. The new character that I really wanted was Simon Belmont. I think it's about time that Castlevania gets its representation in Smash Bros. - the stage and music would be great, and Simon's whip in addition to all of the special weapons & items he receives in the games would make for a unique, interesting fighting style.

Shoutout to Bomberman, though. I have also rooted for his inclusion in the series. I'd just add him in without replacing anybody if I could. Also, Banjo-Kazooie would have been a great addition.

TL;DR:

In summary, my changes would be:

- :4lucina: ... Lucina
- :4corrin: ... Corrin
- :4darkpit: ... Dark Pit
- :4bayonetta: ... Bayonetta

+
... Lyndis
+
... Geno
+
... Dark Samus
+
... Simon Belmont

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Replace Lucina with Shovel Knight, Corrin with Issac from Golden Sun, and Dark Pit with himself having a completely different moveset from Pit (KI:U has so many weapons and of ALL the weapons they could have given Dark Pit they give him mostly the same ****, and the ones that are not the same are extremely similar).

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Ok, I'll give it a shot.

:4wiifit:: Replaced with :wolf:. Nothing against her, she just seems like an odd choice compared to a popular vet that was highly wanted.

:4mii:: Replaced with Dark Samus. I don't really like Miis to begin with. Plus, Dark Samus has the potential to be a fearsome character.

:4pacman:: Replaced with Simon Belmont. I'd trade this grotesque thing for the most famous vampire hunter in a heartbeat.

Replace all non-Marth/Ike Fire Emblem characters with literally anything else.

And Lucario with Goemon.

And Dark Pit with Snake.

M

MarioRayFalconSmash X

If you could replace any character in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS (DLC included), who would you replace with who?

For instance, replacing Corrin or Bayonetta with Bomberman :glare:
How do you make that fighter bar in your signature?

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Thirdly: Get rid of Dedede for literally any character. I don't care what character it is. It could be a god-forsaken Magikarp for all I care, he is NOT NECESSARY. (At least nerf him or give him a higher skill level. Please? >.<)
I am not saying that I don't agree with you. I am only saying that YOU MUST BE DESTROYED!

I actually don't have anything against you, though. King Dedede just happens to be one of the most wonderful things in existence.

Also, Lucina, Dark Pit and doctor mario should be replaced with Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Rayman and let's say Juan from Guacamelee. (I am actually not a big Rayman fan, he'd just be much more necessary than any of those three.)

Also, how is Dedede not necessary? I think his moveset is pretty unique, and I believe that's what matters when it comes to being necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom