• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Renth (Ganon) Vs. Rohins (Samus)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
RENTH!!!

only one thing i didn't like

like me, you try to use sheild cancelled dairs, they don't work on samus, they only work on sheiks (for whatever reason), also, CC against samus isn't always bad, you might get lucky with a dtilt here and there, it does have more reach than his ftilt, don't use dsmash as much, it's not very good on a samus

there were a couple of spots where you went fair instead of uair, but not bad

stop trying to look fancy and just fight XD, you're trying to put all this crazy stuff in when you don't need too (like waveland across platforms to the other side of the stage, he can run there in teh same amount of time)

at least teh samus' didn't missle spam like crazy

Renth

Smash Hero
Not trying to look fancy that's how i play and it works most of the time, if that's the case why don't you tell Magus the same thing. I've been playing Ganon since the game came out it bugs me a little when people tell me how to play my main character i was just trying to share a good match. Also, if you seen you've played me or seen me play i use ganons d smash a lot regardless to who i'm fighting. I'm not trying to seem like an *** and seem like i don't take advice. I take advice from people who know what they're talking about =) Would you tell Tipman not to wave land as much cause he does it a lot?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i mean, there were some places that it wasn't necessary and you usually got punished for it, like those sheild cancelled dairs (which happen to be very flashy)

i'm only trying to help...

Magus420

Smash Master
Jumping out of shield and d-airing is very flashy? :psycho:

Also, making a blanket statement about them not working on everyone except Sheik simply isn't true. They can work pretty well against many chars depending on the situation. It's particularly good if they cross up your shield. In fact, in the one match I watched last night of him against Phanna's Samus I remember noticing how Phanna kept ledgehop f-airing -> d-tilting a lot and thinking "he's really asking to get d-aired out of shield by doing that same thing from the ledge most of the time"

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i was kinda thinking more along sheild cancelled bairs, which seem to work better against samus

phanna actually didn't seem to CCC that much either unlike my bro, which i have a vid just have to finalize it (DVD recorder...54 minutes left on the disc...so...)

and yes, a stomp that electrifies the opponent is flashy in ganon terms

anyways, your ganon is better than mine, but you seemed to get punished for trying to do technical stuff like the platform dashes

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes pocky.....

i just think dairs are flashy, why we all use them as much as we cann

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Great match!

Very nice Ganon, and amazing Samus. Nice job Rohins, your Samus imo is better then Phanna!
sick move at 2:30 by Rohins!

Redragon

Renth

Smash Hero
Great match!

Very nice Ganon, and amazing Samus. Nice job Rohins, your Samus imo is better then Phanna!
sick move at 2:30 by Rohins!

Redragon
Rohins is not better than Phanna. Watch my matches against phanna on youtube.

Are you joking? or are you seriously this naive

Ryan-K

Smash Master
He seriously is renth.'

Also m4food are you ******** or something? Ganon can't land then run and land then run as fast as he can waveland jump waveland. Like 5 seconds into the match I already saw Renth make a great use of wavelanding on the platforms.

I don't think you are talking about the same "SSBM" everyone else is, mood4food.

Hoefler

BRoomer
Not trying to look fancy that's how i play and it works most of the time, if that's the case why don't you tell Magus the same thing. I've been playing Ganon since the game came out it bugs me a little when people tell me how to play my main character i was just trying to share a good match. Also, if you seen you've played me or seen me play i use ganons d smash a lot regardless to who i'm fighting. I'm not trying to seem like an *** and seem like i don't take advice. I take advice from people who know what they're talking about =) Would you tell Tipman not to wave land as much cause he does it a lot?
Uh oh, another guy with Linguini syndrome!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i find dairs flashy...let it be

uhhh, i'm just saying a lot of the time he used platform dashing, phanna predicted where he was going to be a lot more than he should've and renth got the bad end of the stick, so i'm saying renth, you should mix up the approach more, like you don't always have to platform dash to the end of the stage all the time

that's what i'm trying to say

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also m4food are you ******** or something? Ganon can't land then run and land then run as fast as he can waveland jump waveland. Like 5 seconds into the match I already saw Renth make a great use of wavelanding on the platforms.
I think he meant that Ganon can run across DL64 just as fast as he can platform dance across it... so why even platform dance across it at all.

It all comes down to this -- its just a preference. Whether you think that wavelanding across the platforms of a stage is material you should use in a match or not is your own business, but I dont think that it is hurting anyone. Personally, I like to waveland across the ledges in a match to keep my timing right. Its a personal preference, not someone you should critique someone on.

Then again, using wavelanding as either a mindgame or as a movement tactic (whether advancing or retreating) is no doubt worthwhile. Renth does this often and very well. So does Magus and so did Tipman.

Thats just dumb. Dairs are not "just flashy". Its a combo move and a kill move, its his spike, it does like 20%+ damage, and its great a great move to use while techchasing. Dairing our of shield has many uses as well. Ganon's dair is an incredibly useful move and you know it. We all know it.

chaddd knows it all to well. :):) <3

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i knwo it's an incredibly useful move, but a sheild cancelled bair is usually better, like in a lot of cases where i go to use a sheild cancelled dair a bair would've done more, same thing i saw with renth, there were many places where he used the sheild cancelled dair where a bair would've connected

Renth

Smash Hero
You... do know you can't shield cancel aerials right? you l cancel into shield... but your not canceling ANYTHING with it.. wow...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You... do know you can't shield cancel aerials right? you l cancel into shield... but your not canceling ANYTHING with it.. wow...
I think when mood4food says "shield cancelled dair", he means dairing out of shield.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sheild cancelled aerials

jump in your sheild to cancel the sheild, then immediately perfom an aerial...

sheild cancelled aerials for short...

Ryan-K

Smash Master
But then it would be "Jumping out of your Shield" since by the laws of english it's implied that you are cancelling your aerials with the shield not vice versa >_>.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
uhhhh...i've been saying this for like 2 years...so have the people around me

and now it gets corrected, uh, i think it's a universal term now

people look at it differently, i look at it as you cancel the sheild with an aerial move of some sort

on topic

i like how when i give advice, i get yelled at, and then when i'm given advice, and then say something, i'm yelled at

isn't renth kinda doing what i did in my thread....

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
But then it would be "Jumping out of your Shield" since by the laws of english it's implied that you are cancelling your aerials with the shield not vice versa >_>.
You're right. "shield cancelled aerials" means that you're cancelling your aerials with your shield, and you can't do that.

Renth

Smash Hero

people look at it differently, i look at it as you cancel the sheild with an aerial move of some sort

on topic

i like how when i give advice, i get yelled at, and then when i'm given advice, and then say something, i'm yelled at

As i said before it's not that i don't appreciate advice it's that i don't take it from people who are ignorant or naive towards the topic. I have no idea what you did you in your thread nor do i care. As much as i'd love to sit here and babble on i got a tournament to go to. Fest tonight, Twilight Showdown 5 tomorrow, then Smash Aid the day after so i'm pretty packed. So if you direct anything to me it won't be answered for awhile.

Peace.

You're right. "shield cancelled aerials" means that you're cancelling your aerials with your shield, and you can't do that.
That's the point we were trying to make =)

Magus420

Smash Master
Well I suppose if you consider the 'shield cancel' part (doing it with jump is implied in this case) as an action on its own like you would 'shorthop' or something you could say 'shield cancelled aerial' like you would 'shorthopped aerial'.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm not ignorant towards the topic...i know what i'm talking about, nor am i naive about this too

all i was trying to do was be nice and give some advice...yet i get yelled at....

and pretty much in my thread, a "lesser" ganon player gave me advice, i ignored it, got yelled at

you do the same thing, i get yelled at.....

Ryan-K

Smash Master
on topic
Then your friends are uh... I won't say.

It's not a universal term, since you are cancelling your shield with a jump first of all, and not an attack, and second of all it sounds ********. Bair or Dair out of shield makes more sense in a grammatical sense, and is more accept because it is self explanatory. You aren't cancelling your aerial with a shield, which is what "Shield canceled Aerial" implies, and the correct term would be "Jump canceled shield" which is still dumb because you could just say "Jumping out of shield" since it makes more sense as it is self explanatory.

Also he didn't accept your advice because advice helps someone, you don't try to change their playstyle first of all, unless it's something that is clearly negative and wouldn't work. "Wavelanding isn't good/is just flashy" is not only completely inaccurate and not good advice at all but you are expecting him to change how he plays which is perfectly fine, even though he may or may not have a few flaws but it doesn't require a play style change. If I told you, "use Down B more because I do it", would you listen? If you have advice or want them to change something you should provide valid reasoning, not half-*****, inaccurate explanations.

And if you mean the "chaingrab more" advice, then you deserved getting yelled at since you provided bad reasoning to ignore it in the first place, and it was actually USEFUL

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i suggested he platform dashed less as when i saw him perform it, he usually got punished for it or it didn't end well with him

what other kind of advice is there in his game, use better mindgames........which also tells him to change his gameplay

all advice towards this game is going to be in some way directed at changing the style of play a little bit

i saw some of similarities between his ganon and mine...don't take pressure too well, the samus was up in his face constantly, he didn't deal with it very well

i lose to a up in your face DK, while it may be a different character, it's still the same idea, he got caught up in trying to deal as much damage as possible without paying attention to the consequences agaisnt a samus, so i'm saying try different stuff, his ideas alone didn't see to work so well against phanna, mine might do a little better, they might do a little worse, it's no harm to try them out

i never said wavelanding was flashy...i said dairs were (at least i find them to be)

Renth

Smash Hero
i never said wavelanding was flashy...i said dairs were (at least i find them to be)
how can you say your not ignorant or naive when you say one of ganons prime moves is flashy and unorthadox. The down air is a basic move every GOOD ganon player uses in his basic move set. it sets up for combos does a lot of damage and stuns the hell out of the opposition. Comparing wavelanding to down air in the ways of being flashy wave landing wins by a lot so... basically anyone who has ever picked up a controller jumped and done a down air with ganon has been flashy? that's beyond stupid. Wavelanding however is something you have to practice with not just flick down on a little yellow stick.

i'm out for real this time.

Peace.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I dont mean changing things in your game, i mean completly changing playstyle. Clearly wavelanding is a big part of his game.

You said wavelanding was flashy in terms of being flash is its only use.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i did...oops (yea i looked....sorry)

at some points, he looked very predictable...and phanna saw that, abused it, and continued to ****

Magus420

Smash Master
D-air != Flashy
Ledgehop -> waveland backwards off edge -> double jump back towards stage -> d-air = Flashy

Just like:

Knee != Flashy
Double moonwalk -> reverse off stage knee edgeguard = Flashy

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes, anything with dair is flashy in my eyes

that raw power in the move...just looks cool, it has an after taste feeling sometimes

Ryan-K

Smash Master
mood4food what does phanna have to do with anything?

The video is against rohins.

What the **** how does dair have an aftertaste? Diet Coke has an aftertaste, not a fictional stomp. Are you like 5 or something?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i watched his vids agaisnt phanna also

rohins isn't as good as phanna and didn't abuse renth as much

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Renth you are awesome, everyone knows that so don't let anyone bother you, despite what they say, they clearly know you are awesome as well.

Mood4food, quit while you can...you are the person who said "I don't need to tech-case or chaingrab" basicly so that alone states your level of play. End the flaming of this topic by just shutting up.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Loved that match. Renth, one question; why didn't you meteor smash or down b samus whenever she used the bomb grappling hook method to get back? I main gannon, and i shook my head everytime you let her get back. I main samus against my friends that learn some of my fighting strategies because they've gotten my gannon down. But they know if they screw up against me, or hope for mercy, my gannon doesn't give it. Otherwise, awesome match.

Top Bottom