• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reno Crew presents: Capital Brawl - Carson, NV - Apr 5, 08 - $1400 Guaranteed

hitori

Smash Journeyman
i'm b4k4jin on aim or shotoku@gmail.com on gTalk.

^^ hope you guys can make it, but if you can't we understand.

anyone else in so-cal thinking about coming up that we need to house?

Tidussquall10x

Smash Rookie
Hey you guys im new to this site
and I live like 10 mins away from Carson City,NV

I just wanted to ask you if there are alot of people going........because I am starting to get really nervous
I plan on going to this tourney

hitori

Smash Journeyman
it would be good to reserve a spot, to give us a better headcount before the tournament actually begins. there is a paypal link on the first page (you don't need a paypal account, just a credit card)

Can't give you an exact number on how many people will be attending, but we're certainly expecting a lot.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
griever, unfortunately, has not been keeping up w/ the confirmed player lists/housing requests on the main posts. sorries, I'll get him to do it the next time I see him.

edit - CGC, i didn't see your post before. Extra recording equipment is always appreciated! also, depending on where you end up getting housed, an extra wii can sometimes liven up the late-night smash matches, though i'm pretty sure we have enough for the main event.

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
griever, unfortunately, has not been keeping up w/ the confirmed player lists/housing requests on the main posts. sorries, I'll get him to do it the next time I see him.

edit - CGC, i didn't see your post before. Extra recording equipment is always appreciated! also, depending on where you end up getting housed, an extra wii can sometimes liven up the late-night smash matches, though i'm pretty sure we have enough for the main event.
Awesome, we'll bring extra capturing equipment and a camera. We'll try for the extra wii. =)

hitori

Smash Journeyman
HAZE, we can get you guys housing w/ TANJ. I'm also going to be housing CGCfox and crew, and the thread will be updated accordingly later tonite.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

If anyone living within 30 minutes of Los Angeles could give me a ride to this, I would love you forever.

I'd be more then willing to carpool, play friendlies, and share scary stories.

Edit: Oh, and I'd need housing too. Z_Z!!! Heeeeeelp!!!!

Edit2: I got a ride! :D

SpaZtiK

Smash Cadet
Is there possible housing for SpaZtiK and JQWST? Possibly one more, but guarenteed 2.

I can share spooky stories as well. (if that sweetens the deal at all) lol

JQWST

Smash Rookie
So me, SpaZtiK and probably 2 others from fresno are attending. Anyone down to house us? We'll probably show up on the 4th to just hang out for the day.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
Hitori- sorry i haven't been keeping up with smashboards, other websites have been distracting me.

But yeh we can house 4 maybe 5 people. TANJ and i wouldn't mind housing Neal and Haze and the others.

We should all get together tonight and go over everything, so everyone knows what's going on, maybe. Just give me or TANJ a call.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
So i think the final list for our car is...

NealDT, NES, Plan 9, mikeHAZE, Bardull.

I'll have to talk to Neal about it, but i think we'll take you up on the housing with Tanj.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
agreed, i'll call around tonite peach. hopefully we can get everyone at chris's or my house. >_< FRESH has been unreachable lately tho.

HAZE, i'll take you up on that money match. ^^

Griever618

Smash Cadet
Updated the main page. If you are housing w/ someone in Reno, be sure to send them a message to get directions/phonenumbers/etc. squared away.

Also, if anyone wants some extra friendlies TV's, please bring your unlocked wii's. See everyone at the end of the week.

Zoap

Smash Master
I gots questions lol.

First and foremost, you guys guarentee 1400 in just singles prize money(which is awesome) but I'm guessing that the prize layout you have on the first page( 1000 for first etc etc) is if no one showed up and entered. So my question is, Do the entry fees actually go towards the singles pot to increase the prizes, as we are paying a venue fee so I dont see it going to that. Just curious.

Second Im being extremely lazy but what time does this start lol! Ill prob read the first page and find it but could you answer it anyways :)

Thats it I guess. O and Norcal is coming :)

hitori

Smash Journeyman
the final decision is 3-stock.
the singles entries go to pay for venue/tournament costs. they do not go towards a singles pool, or increase the size of the pool. even with 300+ entrants we would not be making any money, due to the size of the prize pool and cost of venue. the entry fees just help our T.O. cover some of the expenses he's incurring by holding this shindig. ^^

goood to see norcal is coming! sorry you're not staying for both days, but hopefully we can get some friendlies in during the singles tourney.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Hi folks!
I'm a smasher from england doing a tour of the US and hoping to play some smash along the way- been in LA and now San Fran for the past week and now I'm gonna start making my way east

- if i come to this, will i be able to get housed?

As you'd imagine, being on a two-month long backpacking tour I'm on a bit of a budget, so I can't afford a motel room (although adding $5 would be fine obviously :p) and also I'm willing to sleep on whatever's avaliable really. Hope to see you guys there!

Griever618

Smash Cadet
If anyone would like to play smash on the side unfortunately we currently have enough wii's for the tounrey. If smash would like to be played on the side please bring your own wii's.

Dacke00

Smash Rookie
Gamecube controllers only.....
my only gamecube controller is a gamestop brand gamecube controller. It has a built in turbo feature that can be turned on. Is it legal to use? As long as i dont use the turbo, not that it would even affect any moves.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
i think we're gonna stick to nintendo brand only bud, sorries. >_<

oh, and captain smashie, if you make your way over here, we have a house who would like to house you if you speak in a hot english accent alot.

Top Bottom