• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remember Hylian's b-throw hobble on heavies?

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I suspect I have an equally easy hobble on floaters, or possibly even all characters.

1) Grab in such a way that Nana will stand right beside Popo, or a little to the front of him.
2) Tap forward.
3) Nana will dash a little, Popo will f-throw.
4) Start mashing jump.
5) Nana will footstool the opponent.
6) Have Popo buffer an Ice Block and regrab when you opponent stands up.

When used fresh, this "combo" does 11% damage. I've confirmed that it works on a CPU Meta Knight, Jigglypuff and Bowser. More testing will be done later on humans (for DI) and on other characters (to determine if this is bound to falling speed in any way).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think that a video would help a lot.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Looks correct to me, but then it sounds situational to me because it's not all the time that Nana will respond in time to get forward in time with the Fthrow to footstool since lighter characters have a quicker release time from Fthrow.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is just Fthrow Hobbling lol. This is nothing new. TBH, on the lighter characters, it would probably be easier to learn the Bthrow-Dthrow timing or even maybe the Bthrow to Bthrow. On some of the weirder middle weights though, I can see this as being a good solution.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
This is just Fthrow Hobbling lol. This is nothing new. TBH, on the lighter characters, it would probably be easier to learn the Bthrow-Dthrow timing or even maybe the Bthrow to Bthrow. On some of the weirder middle weights though, I can see this as being a good solution.
Yeahwell, there was no topic about this yet. I did see a mention of f-throw hobbling in one topic, but it didn't exactly explain how to do it, nor how easily it can be performed if you set it up (meaning, if you dashgrab an opponent).

Looks correct to me, but then it sounds situational to me because it's not all the time that Nana will respond in time to get forward in time with the Fthrow to footstool since lighter characters have a quicker release time from Fthrow.
It works on Jigglypuff, which I believe shares last place in the weight rankings with Mr. Game and Watch.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not the hobbling it's the method and ease of use. The bthrow hobble is useful on heavies because it's really easy to do. If this is as easy then :p.

I learned fthrow and dthrow hobbling a looonng time ago when houston limited the alt grabs.

Look at the date:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu43gvZfRmg

I'll try out this method for the fthrow one(I usually just walk up lol).

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
thats exactly how i cg jigglypuff :O

yeah i like that hobbling. and its kinda easy

Top Bottom