• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Release Dates Confirmed!! NA: 11/21/14 EU: 12/05/14 JP: 12/06/14

Niala

Smash Ace
That's pretty good news. I always did think the 21st was stretching it a bit.

Where did you get this information, though? Facebook? Twitter? It's still not on the official site.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That's pretty good news. I always did think the 21st was stretching it a bit.

Where did you get this information, though? Facebook? Twitter? It's still not on the official site.
I'll edit the first post with the source!

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664

Now officially confirmed for UK so far. =) Amiibos will be available starting Nov 28th (again in the UK)

Edit: Oops sorry to take the source from right below you heh

Last edited:

Raido

Smash Apprentice
Yeah just saw it on the german Nintendo channel. Finally a release date :3

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
THE SMASH WEBSITE JUST UPDATED. NOVEMBER 21ST FOR THE US!!!!

Last edited:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Japan is December 6th... Weird. But not of my concern! :)

Last edited:

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Nooooooo I live in Europe and I want to have smash on november 21st, too!!!!!!! AAARGH this makes me so sad :(

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
November 21st for the us, and 5th december for eu... Sakurai whyyy.

Nah but on a serious note, I´m not upset. I´ve got smash 4 on my 3ds to past the time, and I´ll se some awesome Wii u gameplay, starting Nov 21st.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
5th of December for me. Release dates have been really wierd for Nintendo recently. Such as Austrailia getting new 3ds months earlier, and now japan getting smash bros after EU and America? Well.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Canada and Mexico are getting it at the same time as us as well. Strange considering Sakurai said Japan would be getting the Wii U version first.
Yeah, that's what makes it weird. Sakurai specifically stated Japan would get it first.

Anyways, enjoy it while we wait, guys! :D

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Nooooooo I live in Europe and I want to have smash on november 21st, too!!!!!!! AAARGH this makes me so sad :(
Don´t feel sad man, everything is gonna be a-okay. Plus you and I´ll gete to see some awesome Wii u gameplay! Starting Nov 21.
I´m sure there is some smash related stuff, you can do to pass the time!:p

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's what makes it weird. Sakurai specifically stated Japan would get it first.

Anyways, enjoy it while we wait, guys! :D
We'll make sure to enjoy it extra for you guys :4dk:
At least it's only a 2 week wait and not something like a whole month.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
@ Capt. Butt Stallion Capt. Butt Stallion I edited your thread title to include all the major release dates (AU being 12/06 but wasn't sure it'd fit). Guess this will be the release date thread :p. Get hype everyone

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's good to be in the US. :cool:

None the less, quite happy to learn the official dates. I kind of wish it was closer to Christmas. I think I may go for the bundle. >_> I really want that Adapter.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nice. Hopefully they will show whatever exclusive content the Wii U version have, so I can plan to pick it on release or not.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Why would they realease the european version 2 weeks later? If they can release it in america, they can release it in europe! It just doesn't make sense!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Would have been really neat if this had been revealed through a Direct. I'm really missing the Directs, and I'm wondering why Nintendo is messing around here just releasing Press Releases. We haven't have a Direct in forever, and they really need to be pushing SSBU as much as possible.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Why would they realease the european version 2 weeks later? If they can release it in america, they can release it in europe! It just doesn't make sense!
I was thinking that myself.
It seems like it's because of localisation reasons. The PAL region has more languages.. Maybe that's why?

Can anybody tell me how to avoid spoilers 2 weeks long? :<

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Keep in mind Nintendo of Europe has to translate all game text into at least English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch and Russian, while NoA only has to translate it into English and Spanish.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I don't have any legitimate data on me, but I heard that Japan is more interested on handheld games while places like North America (didn't hear anything on Europe in particular) prefer console games.

So, North America getting the game before Japan can make a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint. We also have Black Friday which happens a week later, so that'll help their sales a bit too.

As for Europe, I don't know. It could be localization reasons, but that's the only explanation I can think of right now.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind Nintendo of Europe has to translate all game text into at least English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch and Russian, while NoA only has to translate it into English and Spanish.
Russian? That's news to me, lol. :p

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Whatever.... I just want a smash direct right now...

Reila

Would have been really neat if this had been revealed through a Direct. I'm really missing the Directs, and I'm wondering why Nintendo is messing around here just releasing Press Releases. We haven't have a Direct in forever, and they really need to be pushing SSBU as much as possible.
We had a Direct in August. Two months aren't really forever. Also, we are most likely getting a Direct this month, as usual.
Spoilers of what? lol

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
And the original version is in Japanese.

SO WHY DO HELL THEY RELEASE IT TWO WEEKS LATER HERE, IS THIS SOME KIND OF REVENGE OF THE AMERICANS FOR HAVING THEM WAIT LONGER FOR THE 3DS VERSION OR SOMETHING.

/cry

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Doesn't Nintendo of America need to translate it into English, Spanish, and French? Just nitpicking here though.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
We had a Direct in August. Two months aren't really forever. Also, we are most likely getting a Direct this month, as usual.

Spoilers of what? lol
I consider any gameplay that's not from Nintendo them self as spoilers. Consider that the E3 build was not final, I want to see the final one myself. ;) And there are still stages you know.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What, the Japan specific Direct? Nintendo's just being so weird with Directs these days. They used to happen all of the time, but now they're like... silent.

I don't know why you think we're getting one this month. We haven't seen one in the west since before E3. So it most certainly wouldn't be "as usual" if we got one. I'm telling you, this info we got in the Press Release is information typical of what would be revealed in a Nintendo Direct, and if they were doing one this month, it would have been today... But they chose to just do a Press Release.

Reila

I consider any gameplay that's not from Nintendo them self as spoilers. Consider that the E3 build was not final, I want to see the final one myself. ;) And there are still stages you know.
That is weird. Whatever floats your boat, I guess :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Two weeks delay between America and Europe, not bad but still frustrating.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I was thinking that myself.
It seems like it's because of localisation reasons. The PAL region has more languages.. Maybe that's why?

Cut your internet connection.

Top Bottom