• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.rel directory

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Is it possible to replace Lylat Cruise through the use of .rels? I know that Lylat Cruise has four (five?) files, and obviously the stage replacing it wouldn't.
Not sure, haven't tried.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
Ok well the final destination rels arent working for me.
Ones I've tried:
-dxrcruise
-gw
-mariopast
-newpork

They all just give me black backgrounds.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ok well the final destination rels arent working for me.
Ones I've tried:
-dxrcruise
-gw
-mariopast
-newpork

They all just give me black backgrounds.
You gotta have FD-based stages on them.

(wfge7)

Smash Cadet
pal final destination > xxx

http://www.mediafire.com/file/leyyqwymrqb/final destination to (pal).zip

Here is the pal rels for any stage that is released on final destination.
They are already named so no need to rename.
eg. I have a stage named STGFINAL.PAC (final destination stage)
I want it on battlefield so I rename it STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC. I put the st_battle.rel into the modules folder and the stage in stage/melee folder.
Please dont use rels that come with stages as these are mainly usa and wont work with pal.
For rel/stage names and how to make your own pal rels go here.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275325
View the 4th post down. The one by me. It is a guide for making your own rels and has stage/rel names.

also I will soon add final destination and battlefield and 1 last stage that is most requested.

(wfge7)

Smash Cadet
By the way you should add a separate section of the first post for pal rels because they are different from the U.S rels and one will freeze the others game.
So to avoid noobish downloading of the wrong region of rels put a seperate hidden message for pal rels and I will happily help with making the rels.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I think it should, as long as the stages you have are all the same base.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
what are .rel files?
what can I do with them?
.rel files are used for stages. Each stage has a unique .rel file. This thread is so that we can play a certain type of stage on another stage.

Michi

Smash Apprentice
Sounds pretty cool.
When I want the Online Stage over 75m, I must rename "STGONLINETRAINING.PAC" to "STGDONKEY.PAC" right?

Michi

Smash Apprentice
My Wii freezes.
i also tried it with training stage over new pork city>freeze.
Why?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
My Wii freezes.
i also tried it with training stage over new pork city>freeze.
Why?
Did you grab the PAL .rel?
According to your location, you live in Germany, which means that you need a PAL rel.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, (wfge7) only did FD-based PAL .rels. Maybe you should ask him?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, Bero made a program called Stage Switcher.

You will need to get the .rels from the "module" folder of this disc rip of the PAL disc

You put the .rel of your choice in the "rel" folder, choose it as the base stage when you open the program, choose the stage you want it to be, and BOOM, you should get an edited .rel in the "edited" folder.

Matteron

Smash Ace
I finally updated the OP, but all I put in was Battlefield made by Irg, if anyone else posted a .rel that I missed(which I probably did) please tell me.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I feel that this thread should be updated to have discussion about the module editor by Phantom Wings and character .rels.
I don't really have a clue what the colors mean, so can anyone help??

I'm looking at ft_metaknight.rel BTW.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The Battlefield rel's lead to the Stage Switcher app. Just pointing that out.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I need an explanation on how rels and pac work in relation to stages. If someone could pm me or link me to a guide that would be superb. I would love to custom hack my levels with the stages in the hack thread

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I still don't understand how to make rels work out. I'd like to replace metal gear, 75m,mario bros etc. with falcon flyer and stuff, but I can't seem to get it right. Can anyone help out?

bobjrsenior

Smash Cadet
I can't get the .rels to work. I'm trying to get a 2d stage or akatsuki hideout stage-which i think was made for 75m to work for 75m. I did final destination to 75m with bero's program and put it in the module folder but when i load the stage it freezes and makes a loud buzzing noise. Can anyone help?

Michi

Smash Apprentice
I can't get the .rels to work. I'm trying to get a 2d stage or akatsuki hideout stage-which i think was made for 75m to work for 75m. I did final destination to 75m with bero's program and put it in the module folder but when i load the stage it freezes and makes a loud buzzing noise. Can anyone help?

You also have to rename a FD texture to the name of 75m

bobjrsenior

Smash Cadet
You also have to rename a FD texture to the name of 75m
My .rel is called st_donkey.rel the stage is STGDONKEY.pac and it has music called Bo4 and they are all in their folders. i made the .rel using bero's program to.
edit: i tried it on a different level and it didn't work their either so i guess it was a bad level or something and i'll have to figure out whats wrong with the 2d level.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
What stage's .rels do I need to use for anything I want to put on STGCUSTOM#.pac?

Top Bottom