• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Likely this week with the 6 month mark after E3 being on Wednesday. I only note this because Sakurai made a big deal of it with Brawl in 06 with a new trailer that was pretty much only new stages and Fox but still... Anyways, with the internet being completely soaked with the VGX piss fit I wouldn't be surprised if we got the Direct pretty soon.
Did he gave the release date in that trailer? I can't remember.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is so funny that Cranky Kong made some people cranky. :laugh: :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Likely this week with the 6 month mark after E3 being on Wednesday. I only note this because Sakurai made a big deal of it with Brawl in 06 with a new trailer that was pretty much only new stages and Fox but still... Anyways, with the internet being completely soaked with the VGX piss fit I wouldn't be surprised if we got the Direct pretty soon.
If we do not get one this upcoming week, it'll be the one after. Nintendo does their directs around the middle of the month anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...according to an article I read, Reggie hinted at a 5th playable character they won't reveal yet? That news is honestly bigger to me than anything else.

Funky or K. Rool. Please. It would redeem any and everything.

For me at least.

Where are the links to the stream? I'd like to catch some Cranky action.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
While those guys were kinda rude in saying "That's it? This is your big announcement", I think he captured a lot of people's opinions.​
No disrespect for DKC fans, but Tropical Freeze isn't a really big announcement, and I don't think it's fitting for VGX.​
Internet piss sounds like good fuel for a social networking rage to announce more smash news.​

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I liked Pewdiepie's Happy Wheels videos but his "normal voice" is just so grating.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
To be fair, Cranky Kong was one of the only announcements for VGX.

It makes it more grating when you realize Reggie could have stolen the show by making it something more exciting though.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Reggie really likes to do battle with Geoff though. Remember E3.......yeah I think this is how it went:

So...according to an article I read, Reggie hinted at a 5th playable character they won't reveal yet? That news is honestly bigger to me than anything else.

Funky or K. Rool. Please. It would redeem any and everything.

For me at least.

Where are the links to the stream? I'd like to catch some Cranky action.

I don't know about that one. They were intentionally putting them on the spot at that point. They can't just say "no there won't be a 5th character" If there were hints elsewhere about another character then sure, but that was just them trying to remain ambiguous about the details. They could have asked if there was a Saved By the Bell themed level in the game and their response would have probably been the same.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That was awful. Not the Cranky Kong reveal, that was obvious. But that show was just terrible. First time I ever sat through a VGA/VGX. Don't think I'll be doing so again in the future.

Anyway, Cranky looks fun. Would have liked something a little bigger, but oh well. Hopefully the next Direct has some neat stuff.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I'd lol so hard if Nintendo is saving all their big reveals for the Direct coming up. They'll be like "What, you thought we were gonna do something huge at that VGX ****? Their bodies weren't ready then."
If anything even close to this happens I will be beyond happy. The VGX never happened

D

Deleted member

The moral of the story: Never expect anything big at VGX and don't overhype yourself to the point of eventual disappointment.

volbound1700

Smash Master
How is Cranky going to do anything? He is like 80 years old? You have to be in good shape to be a hero in a DK game with all the jumping, etc. that they do.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
So I was off the interent since Friday evening and ....

Page 19. It was on 6 before. Jeez louis can someone give me a summary of what I missed ... other than

OOOOHMHMDFNSDFSDJFUOFDOUIDSAF NINTENTODOFD WHATAATGBDSHYFJSN TYHYR FUUUUCFK

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I lol'd at some of the reactions (especially GAF). I'm still looking forward to the game but I really wanted to see something Smash Bros. related or even X.

Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Something from the Cranky Kong thread.

I think we know who the real star of VGX is.

Nintendo, ya did better than I thought.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's 4:30AM and I just got back from partying with my friends. After reading this whole thread, I sure am glad I didn't watch this stream with you guys. =D

Loved all of the rage, by the way. Stay salty, my friends. ¦3

Can't wait from Project:M tomorrow~ <3 (Or Tuesday knowing their luck.)

It's 4:30AM and I just got back from partying with my friends. After reading this whole thread, I sure am glad I didn't watch this stream with you guys. =D

Loved all of the rage, by the way. Stay salty, my friends. ¦3

Can't wait from Project:M tomorrow~ <3 (Or Tuesday knowing their luck.)
I had to watch Frozen twice. First being with my family, then today with my friends. I only knew 2 minutes ago that I forgot about the VGX. Theeeeen I saw the reception and everyone else (Augusto, Swamp, etc) told me about it.

Yeah. At least I didn't watch it. Delicious rage indeed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know what people are talking about

Figuring how who was the 4th playable kong was a big controversy within all the DKC fandom.

People were secretly hoping it was K. Rool, along with others thinking it was funky or Kiddy. I don't think ANYONE thought it was Cranky.

It WAS a big announcement, and would have been all the more surprising if it hadn't leaked this week.

He works like everyone thought he would, which is GOOD TBH, because it would defy gamer logic if he didn't bounce on his cane.

Cranky looks like the funnest character to play as

D

Deleted member

I was incredibly surprised when I found out that Cranky Kong was trending on Twitter. Then again, he was probably the best thing at the VGX all things considered. However, I just have reactions that will last me for a long time! :laugh: It's like Wii Fit Trainer all over again.
Speaking of Twitter, I saw this pic often:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Something from the Cranky Kong thread.

I think we know who the real star of VGX is.

Nintendo, ya did better than I thought.

Kinda surprised that happened, giving how some people were just complaining. Well, I'm happy for the Donkey Kong fans, at least they got some news for their game. Not much else to say other than that really. Oh....When's the next Direct coming up? We should have something good I hope.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I don't know why people think Smash, Zelda, whatever would have been announced.

The VGX audience is not ever going to be "for" Nintendo. They're gonna save those for E3 and the Nintendo Directs. I.E. things that are actually respectable.

Not to mention, Cranky is the only decent announced last night. lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know why people think Smash, Zelda, whatever would have been announced.

The VGX audience is not ever going to be "for" Nintendo. They're gonna save those for E3 and the Nintendo Directs. I.E. things that are actually respectable.

Not to mention, Cranky is the only decent announced last night. lol

I didn't watch it. But the most disappointing thing I can think of is the updated version of Tomb Raider. If it was a sequel I would have been all for it, but its just a slightly better looking version of what we have now. Lara Croft deserves better than that, Square-Enix. Did they add anything super interesting?

I feel that Cranky Kong might have been a bit more hype inducing if Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze didn't get its cover leaked like a week before. But a potential 5th character is interesting all the same.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's really funny is that despite all the wrist cutting and b'awwing last night, Cranky ended up being the highlight of the show according to most people and how VGX ended up having fewer viewers than the last 3 VGAs. In a weird way, Nintendo got the last laugh.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What's really funny is that despite all the wrist cutting and b'awwing last night, Cranky ended up being the highlight of the show according to most people and how VGX ended up having fewer viewers than the last 3 VGAs. In a weird way, Nintendo got the last laugh.
I mean, VGX wasn't necessarily, uh...
Good.

D

Deleted member

inb4 someone thinks Cranky Kong is gonna be in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom