• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was talking about the fact that Cranky was playable in Tropical Freeze. Not everyone cares about about the nitty gritty details.

Did I ever say I expected them to do anything? I said it was disappointing because it was. Nothing more than that.
...did you seriously call a character's abilities and playstyle "nitty gritty details?"

Wow. Nice to know that I'll never need to take your opinion seriously on anything.

Edit: I bet you think that every pic of the day that doesn't show of a newcomer or veteran reveal have been "disappointments" as well.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So did anyone else know that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are massive Earthbound fans?

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Yeah, I honestly think that a Mii announcement would have been even more terrible... Shulk and Little Mac shall live on!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't think anyone can truly hate this Cranky reveal. All the haters are just rancorous because they hate old people. And to that, all I can say is: What are you talking about? Old people are the greatest! They're full of wisdom and experience!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Super Mario 3D World is such an oddball compared to the other nominees.
I think eveyone knew GTA V was going to win.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Out of those nominated games up for "Game of the Year", Super Mario 3D World is the only one that stood out apart from the bunch. Everything else looks the same visually... :rolleyes:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wouldn't be surprised if the disappointment from this spurred Nintendo to release a Nintendo Direct this week. Reggie looked like he wanted to haymaker the host who kept whining about the reveal. The Metroid tease was kind of intriguing though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm happy with what they showed.
Scrooge McKong all day in this *****.
He even gets more coins when he does his special

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And the next gen 'awards' is why I have lost faith in humanity.

EDIT: The smartest thing I have ever done with my life was to stop watching the VGX

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Most anticipated feature for the next gen is the motion controls? Really? That's so last gen with the original Wii...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The cancer the VGX gave me is

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Dudebro garbage...why, Reggie!? You could've made this ****ty awards awesome!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
...did you seriously call a character's abilities and playstyle "nitty gritty details?"

Wow. Nice to know that I'll never need to take your opinion seriously on anything.

Edit: I bet you think that every pic of the day that doesn't show of a newcomer or veteran reveal have been "disappointments" as well.

I guess nitty gritty was a poor choice of phrase. I meant that the most important detail of this reveal was supposed to be cranky being playable. His playstyle comes second to that. (Also I wasn't watching the stream so I haven't seen how significant the footage is)

No I like seeing whatever pictures we're given of smash Bros. Although I'm not crazy about the donkey Kong series...so that's probably coming across.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
And the next gen 'awards' is why I have lost faith in humanity.

Motion Controls? MOTION CONTROLS? THEY WANT MOTION CONTROLS FOR THEIR MOTHERF***ING XBOX DUMB? NINTENDO ALREADY DID THAT, BETTER THAN YOUR DYSFUNCTIONAL KINECT SH*T! SHOVE YOUR GRAND THEFT AUTO WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE AND LEARN THAT YOU'RE INFERIOR ALREADY! WHAT'S NEXT? THEY WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THEIR GAMES OFF-SCREEN? OR IN 3D? NINTENDO'S CURRENT-GEN IS MORE NEXT-GEN THAN YOUR FREAKING NEXT-GEN DREAMS! GIVE US BACK RARE! YOU DON'T DESERVE THEM! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really helped me a lot, sorry if I offended anyone, I needed to blow off some steam. M'kay, thanks.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This is where I would post a "nah" pic but ya know I won't. Seeing how everyone hates FE discussions. Am I the only one besides shin, that likes talking about FE?

Also everyone needs to chill out, its not the end of the world... geez.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Also everyone needs to chill out, its not the end of the world... geez.
It might be for more people if instead of showing KHIII as one of Square Enix's two games at VGX, they show FFXIII-4

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't be surprised if the disappointment from this spurred Nintendo to release a Nintendo Direct this week. Reggie looked like he wanted to haymaker the host who kept whining about the reveal. The Metroid tease was kind of intriguing though.
I lol'd when I saw him calling out Geoff's **** for pushing leaks. Geoff should know by now that Nintendo keeps tight lips and if something is leaked, it's usually revealed a few days later anyway.

Most anticipated feature for the next gen is the motion controls? Really? That's so last gen with the original Wii...
It's all about the dudebros, man.
General reaction to Cranky's reveal summarized in visual form.

Bad fuzzy human! Bad!

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'd lol so hard if Nintendo is saving all their big reveals for the Direct coming up. They'll be like "What, you thought we were gonna do something huge at that VGX ****? Their bodies weren't ready then."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can only fear what Miiverse must be like right now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd lol so hard if Nintendo is saving all their big reveals for the Direct coming up. They'll be like "What, you thought we were gonna do something huge at that VGX ****? Their bodies weren't ready then."
Given the hosts "Hurr Durr, no Zelda/Smash/Metroid? Nintendo sux!" reaction, this would be all too fitting. I still can't get over how whiny they were.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the record, when is the direct?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't get all the raging. Nintendo didn't make a terribly big fuzz about it, the community did.

Even then, Cranky looks fun to play, definitely going to be my character. Plus, we got a little Metroid teasing too.

Yes, it sucks that it was leaked beforehand, but what can you do about it?

Plus, we're probably going to get a veteran reveal next week anyways, since that's around the time we usually get a new character reveal, so lighten up.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Given the hosts "Hurr Durr, no Zelda/Smash/Metroid? Nintendo sux!" reaction, this would be all too fitting. I still can't get over how whiny they were.
Reggie just wants to piss Geoff off lol. He's basically ****-blocking him from big news so Nintendo can reveal it whenever the hell they want.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For the record, when is the direct?
Likely this week with the 6 month mark after E3 being on Wednesday. I only note this because Sakurai made a big deal of it with Brawl in 06 with a new trailer that was pretty much only new stages and Fox but still... Anyways, with the internet being completely soaked with the VGX piss fit I wouldn't be surprised if we got the Direct pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom