• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGGIE CONFIRMS CRANKY KONG IN DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE AT VGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I wouldn't go as far as calling these people idiots; that's an insult. Rather, you should just use common sense. And either way the show isn't over so everyone should chill.

Even if there is no smash, why be upset? It's not the only thing going on in life.
Ain't the case with most of the people here.

Haha this is ****ing priceless. It's not their fault that YOU decided to get YOUR expectations up for something that literally NOBODY actually hinted towards. Not everything has to be a massive "HOLY **** MASSIVE NEW UPDATE INSTANT BUY ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN" update. Do you expect them to pull a new announcement out of thin air because the news they were going to show was leaked a few days before announcement? Grow the **** up and stop blaming Nintendo because YOU decided that this was a big, industry-shaking announcement for literally no reason.

You aren't helping, bro.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm excited for Cranky Kong/ Scrooge McDuck in Tropical Freeze.

All I could think of was "Cranky * clap clap* Kong in space, yeah you're really grumpy and you're old..."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Also, let's have a big F*** YEAH that we didn't get a reveal of the Mii.

That means we can let that "leak" slip away into obscurity and not fear for Little Mac becoming an Assist Trophy again any longer.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Disappointing, particularly since it was something we already knew. I'm not sure if it would have been that groundbreaking even if it came as a complete surprise though. It's not exactly a reveal on the same level as the others.
So you knew that Cranky would be a DKC version of Scrooge McDuck?

You people are acting like all they did was show the leaked boxart again and act like nothing had happened. Did you seriously expect them to throw together a new trailer or demo for another game in a week just because somebody leaked some f***ing boxart?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well i expected this but im still a tad disappointed, but im not gonna rage about it.

I guess it was kinda nice that we saw something we already knew, I guess.

And yeah obviously with a CANE in the boxart I immediately thought, scrooge mc duck. So yeah still nothing major.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I wouldn't go as far as calling these people idiots; that's an insult. Rather, you should just use common sense. And either way the show isn't over so everyone should chill.

Even if there is no smash, why be upset? It's not the only thing going on in life.
Smash is the only reason to live.............so now I can die.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
' You whippersnappers just don't appreciate anything these days- back in MY DAYS we only got to see new games when they actually CAME OUT TO THE PUBLIC! Or just subscribing to some poorly written magazines while they'd be still on development.

Serves you spoiled "gamers" right. '

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

That means we can let that "leak" slip away into obscurity and not fear for Little Mac becoming an Assist Trophy again any longer.
That was the same rumor that stated Shulk was going to be an Assist Trophy correct.

If so, I'm in the same boat. Not that I put my heart and soul into the rumor anyway.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Think of it this way: If Cranky were leaked for Smash, Sakurai would cancel the game.
So you're lucky I guess.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

And somebody found the silver lining to all of this. I totally forgot about that and I'm glad that was shot down. Little Mac lives on!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ah yes, the silver lining. That said, be aware, we could still get Mii for Smash 4 regardless.

I still think the Mii is going to happen, I just was worried about it being shown off specifically in December, when this horrible "leak" said it would, along with dooming Little Mac and Shulk to AT status.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
That.

You're not a True Nintendo Fan unless you demand Zelda. You're not a True Retro Fan unless you demand Metroid. Everything else is boring...a disappointment...a letdown...stupid...

I'm just content we got anything at this point.
Yes.
Smash is evreything.

You're not a True Smash Fan unless you demand Smash at every single show.
No Smash = no life = no love = no goodness = no justice = no peace

Goddbuy worl

----

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Can I eat dinner now? Is everybody calm?

I'm actually thinking that, while we're all buttsore and leave, there's going to be something big. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Those were two separate rumors.

The Assist Trophy fates rumor was that Miis would be shown on the next Nintendo Direct.
The "Reggie will show off Miis at VGX" had nothing to do with that, since obviously, if Miis were shown at VGX, they wouldn't be revealed in the next Nintendo Direct, would they?

So no, don't celebrate the "safety" of your characters just yet.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So you knew that Cranky would be a DKC version of Scrooge McDuck?

You people are acting like all they did was show the leaked boxart again and act like nothing had happened. Did you seriously expect them to throw together a new trailer or demo for another game in a week just because somebody leaked some f***ing boxart?

I was talking about the fact that Cranky was playable in Tropical Freeze. Not everyone cares about about the nitty gritty details.

Did I ever say I expected them to do anything? I said it was disappointing because it was. Nothing more than that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Those were two separate rumors.

The Assist Trophy fates rumor was that Miis would be shown on the next Nintendo Direct.
The "Reggie will show off Miis at VGX" had nothing to do with that, since obviously, if Miis were shown at VGX, they wouldn't be revealed in the next Nintendo Direct, would they?

So no, don't celebrate the "safety" of your characters just yet.
I stand corrected. Ah well, I still enjoyed the reveal nonetheless. Not everyone seems to agree, however...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Always a silver lining to be found. :)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I stand corrected. Ah well, I still enjoyed the reveal nonetheless. Not everyone seems to agree, however...

I love how ballsy butthurt fanboys can be.

"How dare you not show off Smash Bros! I'll let you sleep in chloroform and poisonous ants once my mommy goes to bed! Xbox One will b*tch slap your console now! Take that, you man-loving result of the internet!"

And they all died. The world rejoiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom