• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reduced Knock back Pound To Rest

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wow your really thinking out side of the box aren't you O_o

None the less that sounds like it could work. Sombody should test it out.

Atsu

Smash Ace
Hmm, too bad Jigglypuff is so underplayed at the moment. But for me, I'm staying away from Rest entirely. Although it may have a little more range, you can't just wake up before they get back anymore. :S

But new combos is truly what we desperately need. Maybe Rests in the air will give the KO Ability it needs? Dunno, but in most videos where I see a successful Rest, just a little more height and they'd be out of there.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Seems like a good idea. Some people should definitely try this out and see what the result is.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I'd hate to sound so pessimistic since I've never played, but I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by those Rest kill percentages. With DI (which could be avoided depending on how prepared your opponent is for a Rest), you're setting yourself up for a suicide unless you're well above the kill percentage of a specific character.

It works wonderfully in team battles with friendly fire on though. I suppose you could combo into Rest all night long, with just a tiny A jab from your friend to wake you up. The attack is wonderful for that purpose, since it does so much more damage now.

I guess the same could go for Sing. It should be great in teams.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I thought that the new pound knocked upwards instead of behind. Even at significantly reduced knockback, it's likely not going to set up a rest.

Top Bottom