• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redesign Smash 4's Roster

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Alright heres my take

Veterans (All Versions)
:ultmario: :ultluigi: :ultpeach: :ultbowser::ultdk: :ultdiddy: :ultyoshi: :ultwario:
:ultlink: :ultzelda: :ultsamus: :ultzss::ultkirby: :ultmetaknight: :ultkingdedede: :ultfox:
:ultpikachu: :ultcharizard::ultfalcon: :ultgnw: :ultpit: :ultolimar: :ultsonic:

Veterans (3DS)
:ultwolf: :ultlucas: :ultjigglypuff: :ultrob:

Veterans (Wii U)
:ultfalco: :ultness: :ultmewtwo: :ulticeclimbers:

Newcomers
:ultbowserjr: - Perhaps an unpopular opinion but i think the koopa clown cart thing was a really good idea & I personally really like this addition.
(Toon) :ultganondorf: - Link & Zelda move to their Skyward Sword Designs & Ganondorf is completely reimagined using his Wind Waker iteration which also recently saw a re-release.

:ultridley: - Id give into fan demand a little early. Was already a boss might as well do something different.

:ultgreninja: - The Water vs Fire & 1st vs Latest gen thing was perfect at the time plus Greninja was a fan favorite & as noted gives a 2nd ninja fighter seems like a good idea.

(Anna) - Became playable for 1st time in Awakening after years of recurring appearing, most likely series character to always be relevant. Moveset could be a mix of Robin (Weapon Durability) & Byleth (Use of different series weapons)

(Medusa) - i like the idea of adding this iconic villain over Palutena. Palutena can remain part of Pit's moveset & maybe we can have another fan favorite Hades as part of Medusa's.

:ultvillager: - Obvious choice, only change i would make is to name them Animal Crosser instead of the generic Villager.

:ultlittlemac: - Cult following even before revival between last 2 games, plus showing assists can be promoted would help keep Smash community talking.

:ultmiifighters: - Icon of recent era, would make closer to normal fighters using a Sports based moveset.

:ultwiifittrainer: - Great, unexpected pick, only difference is i would have kept this fighter a secret.

:ultpacman: - Great pick especially considering Bandai Namco is co-developing game.

(Crash) - Really like the idea of our 3rd party trio repping different eras & rivalries from arcade to 2d to 3d games.

:ultmarth: / :ultlucina: - Marth would be in but it would only be the Masked version.

(Impa) - Based on Skyward Sword, with transformation mechanic gone makes more sense imo to cut Sheik for this more recurring character.

(Black Shadow) - Inherits Ganondorf's old moveset

(Prince Fluff) - Re-imagined in 3D with a similar style as Wooly Yoshi. Kirby Echo with yarn whip attack instead of inhale ability.

(Charlie) - Went with him as an Echo instead of Alph or even Brittany since i just feel like his overall design is the most distinct from Olimar of the 3 imo. Olimar would have a different up special (no winged pikmin for him) & rock pikmin would replace purple for Charlie.

DLC
Veterans
:ultlucario: (3DS) :ultivysaur: (Wii U)
:ultroy: (3DS) :ultike: (Wii U)

Newcomers (Same for both versions)

(Devil Jin) - Makes the most sense since Capcom isnt involved & this would still give us a fighting game character & 2nd rep for a company already in Smash. Went with Devil Jin instead of Kazuya since Im unsure of the 3DS can handle Kazure shifting into his Devil form.

:ultcloud: - Maybe not my 1st pick but huge moment for alot of people & Smash itself.

(Fiora) - Promo pick with the current rise of Xenoblade (maybe not as quick without making base game but would still probably happening with 3DS port & X). Went with her over Shulk due to moveset potential. Would need to dive into spoilers but Smash already does this several times including with this character.

(Miu Hinasaki) - Went with another series Nintendo has an invested interest in (alongside Koei Tecmo). Miu is one of the latest protags of Fatal Frame/Project Zero & daughter of the 1st protag. Would also introduce a 1st horror genre rep.

Everyone is here - Classic Marth & New Marth are 1 fighter similar to Olimar & Alph, Ganondorf (will use OoT Design) is still considered a separate fighter & returns.

Newcomers (wont dive into details this time)
Base Game - :ultinkling: :ultkrool: :ultsimon: (Ditto) :ultpiranha:
Echos - (Dixie Kong):ultkazuya::ultpalutena: :ultdarksamus: :ultisabelle:(Shadow)
Bonus - :ultminmin
FP1 - :ultjoker: (Hayabusa) :ultbanjokazooie: :ultmegaman: :ultpyra: / :ultmythra:
FP2 - (Adv. Wars Nell)(Tracer):ultsephiroth: (DJ Octavio)(Phoenix Wright):ultsora:

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Time for yet another take of mine on the roster!
Mario​
Luigi​
Peach​
Bowser​
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Paper Mario
Yoshi​
Wario
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong​
Link​