• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

recovery question.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
i'm guessing you're expecting a down b recovery question but this one is different. A friend of mine uses doc and so do I. The other day I saw that when he was off the stage, only when he was very high and away, he used fair to get back. It looked like it worked pretty well. I'm only asking this cuz i read the guide and i don't believe it said anything about the fair used in recovery and i was wondering if you do it.

hhliveson

Smash Cadet
is he using that to clear the edge? if thats the case then i dont really use that. i like to pill and then up B as a sweetspot just to decoy them. my guess is that move could be limited to short range fighters because marth could probably just edgeguard at a distance.

FOB

Smash Ace
is he using that to clear the edge? if thats the case then i dont really use that. i like to pill and then up B as a sweetspot just to decoy them. my guess is that move could be limited to short range fighters because marth could probably just edgeguard at a distance.
No I think he's refering to a similar tatic that characters like sheik use. The knockback(or forward in this case) of many character's forward air can do a much weakened version of marth's sword dance recovery.

I don't know if it would work but neverless the result would be very small. But hey, anything helps the character with the worst recovery in the game!

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
yea, that is what i am talking about. I probably should have mentioned something like that. I hear that samus' fair will help too. but anyway, i guess nobody uses it?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
it would really only help on courses like dreamland, where you can get really high and far away.

I haven't really tested it, but as FOB said, anything helps, so I'll try it out.

(well, I tried it out on battle field, but I went under the ledge because of I didn't take the lag of the move into account)

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
Well then, if this is so, then I would venture out to say that when you're way off in the corner like 45degrees in relation to the tip of the stage, your recovery plan would be fair-down b up and toward the stage-second jump-cape-up b.

Don't use fair if you're higher above the stage than further away, and espesicially don't use fair if you're less than a 45degree angle to the stage! (in other words not much higher than the stage once you begin to recover)

(that's what I love about Doc, despite his horrible recovery he can still look like he's giving it 110% w/ all his moves to recover!)

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
Yea, so it is good to use, in the right circumstances? I know I would only do it if i were really high and far. To me, it seems like it works. The fair I think does push you forward, but not during the initial move, but after it when he kinda flips or something. I really only asked because I have never seen any videos of doc's doing that and then I saw my friend do it and it looked like it worked.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
actually, i do have a down b recovery question. does anybody know how many time a second you have to press b to get maximum height for doc, mario, and luigi.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The luigi guide says it's 14 per second for luigi. Dunno if that's true, and i dont really know the numbers for doc or mario. I've never really questioned it, i just know it usually required twitch pressing (where you just twitch your hand over the button)

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
i'm thinking it's about 8 for either mario or doc. both of them are close. i knew that luigi was alot more though. And i did try to search for it, and got nothin.

Top Bottom