• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

recoveries in B+

scrubadub

Smash Rookie
Hi there. I've been lurking around this Smash workshop forum for a while and am excited to learn about all the new advancements that you guys are making.

I noticed that someone suggested in the Lucas discussion the possibility of making his PKT2 autosnap (like it did in vBrawl). Is that possible? Now excuse my ignorance, but I thought autosnap ledges were an all or none type deal (either everyone has it or no one has it)?

If this was possible, there are several recoveries that come mind immediately as being severely gimped by NASL (specifically aim-able ones). Just something I'm curious about.

Almas

Smash Lord
It would probably be possible to make these codes character specific if necessary, yes. Of course, I can't really say how right now. However, it is another argument whether these characters need the change to the NAS code. Not everyone should have a perfect recovery.

kzimmer0712

Smash Rookie
i play as diddy and i find recovery much more challenging. ive tried the peanut gun for horizontal recovery, but it is costly on the vertical direction of recovery. it is difficult, for me at least, to recover unpunished if i am knocked too far to be able to recover via foward b below the edge then up b. fire is pretty good at takin of my barrel rockets. anyway its a new challenge, but it would be nice to be able to auto-grab the edge

Rikana

Smash Champion
i play as diddy and i find recovery much more challenging. ive tried the peanut gun for horizontal recovery, but it is costly on the vertical direction of recovery. it is difficult, for me at least, to recover unpunished if i am knocked too far to be able to recover via foward b below the edge then up b. fire is pretty good at takin of my barrel rockets. anyway its a new challenge, but it would be nice to be able to auto-grab the edge
Diddy's already **** on stage. Autograb would make Diddy too good. It's a good trade off.

shanus

Smash Hero
Just practice it a bit. Multiple experienced diddy players can sweetspot it every time with practice, so you can too!

scrubadub

Smash Rookie
I agree w/ kzimmer. The thing about diddy is that if he misses, he bounces off and dies. Even if he doesn't miss, and he at the ledge grab spot before the apex of his flight, he bounces off and dies. Obviously, his recovery was designed with ASLs in mind.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I agree w/ kzimmer. The thing about diddy is that if he misses, he bounces off and dies. Even if he doesn't miss, and he at the ledge grab spot before the apex of his flight, he bounces off and dies. Obviously, his recovery was designed with ASLs in mind.
Answers:

Diddy's already **** on stage. Autograb would make Diddy too good. It's a good trade off.
Just practice it a bit. Multiple experienced diddy players can sweetspot it every time with practice, so you can too!
-------------

Mind if I ask how long you've been playing Brawl+ for? I'm curious because there's are many people who only put probably a few hours into Brawl+ and mention something wrong with it. Don't get me wrong, input is good for us. But we've had numerous of the same issue presented to us from people who haven't played it for that long.

Anyways, another option is just to upB on stage on the very far side if possible. I was able to upB all the way to the other side of the stage's ledge once. Pretty cool if you ask me. But other then that, just sweetspot it. You won't die from that.

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
Lucas doesn't really need the autosnap, he has his tether which can be really useful, plus his PK Thunder continues even after hitting someone. Also its pretty quick. Ness however, could get the autosnap I think since his recovery options are very limited.

However if there was a way to increase Ness ledge grab range(In melee he had the highest I think) then that might be a better option. not sure if its even a value in brawl anymore.

cman

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure lucario's is write-protected, meaning it can't be changed. Also, ness has it just as bad as diddy in the recovery department. In fact, probably worse since he doesn't have side-b to aid his, though his midair jump is very good.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I am still convinced that Diddy should be able to grab onto ledges, even if it means we need to nerf his B^'s range.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
What about:

If Lucas/Ness/Diddy bounce of a wall (etc.) after using up-b they can do it again ?

Should only be possible 3 times without staying on the stage. (It's like the tether ones, they can also do it just 3 times)

And everyone with wallcling should have the possibilty to use up-b again.

Or if it's possible: If Lucas/ness/diddy dont get the edge they wallcling. (OK well I dont know if this could be ever possible with Lucas/ness but with Diddy it should be makeable x))

Also Snakes cypher Glitch should be out -.-

It's soooooooo annoying <.<

Revven

FrankerZ
I am still convinced that Diddy should be able to grab onto ledges, even if it means we need to nerf his B^'s range.
No, his onstage game is too good. Look at Ivysaur for example, he has a terrible offstage game/recovery and yet he rawks hard onstage but is easily gimpable. Does Ivy warrant a super buff to his recovery? Not really. Diddy Kong shouldn't get the same treatment, it's too safe for him to have autosnap, if he has it, it makes Diddy Kong too good (look at MK, insane recovery and amazing onstage game, there's literally no way to gimp the guy). Do you want Diddy Kong to be pretty close to MK? This would do it, guarantee it.

And Lucario needs auto snap because of his hitboxless Up B. If he didn't auto snap, one of two things would occur:

1) He would bounce off of the ledge like Lucas/Ness do
2) He would be able to wall cling easier from his Up B as well as be gimped easier.

Top Bottom