• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yoshi is my fav nintendo character lol. There. :) I was really lucky and just joined when the site was starting out and such I think.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Well at the time I joined GameFAQs I had just gotten two new games, Armored Core and FF9. When you activate a cheat in Armored Core to make yourself more powerful, it renames you to Rebel and 3 numbers at the end. Rebel581 is what my name was converted to. Then I hung around at the SSBM boards under this name and I was hoping that if I had any reputation on GameFAQs before joining SWF, that it would transfer here. Thus the name stuck and I haven't thought of any better alternatives. Plus, it's easier when people just yell out "Rebel" rather than something else really stupid.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
RYUU-JIN882 said:
The 88 is the year I was born,
Never get an 88 tatoo. In Aryan and Neo-Nazi groups, it means something quite bad. See, since H is the 8th letter of the Alphabet, 88 stands for HH which stands for Heil Hitler. I learned this from these 2 11 year old white supremist girls. They are like the Olsen twins, but they think the Holacaust was cool.

My old name (Eric the Red) was because I was named of the viking, Erik the Red. I changed it to Crimson King because I like the band, King Crimson.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
My name's from the final boss of EarthBound, Giygas. He's known as the "Universal Cosmic Destroyer" in the game. (Nice guy.)

EarthBound rocks, by the way.

odonata345

Smash Cadet
(Sighs) My name is just based on the Order of Odonata members of the Insecta class, meaning the "dragonflies" and "damselflies" as main members. Inside the Odonata order are the two main families, Anisoptera and Zygoptera, for dragon- and damselflies. However, I like the name Odonata much better. I originally chose the dragonfly for a base subject because I thought they were so cool. I mean, I read that they can fly, like, up to 100 body-lengths per second forward and 3 body-lengths per second backward! All things considered, that's pretty cool for a bug. I originally studied them in a mini-project for fifth grade and have been hooked on them ever since, just casually. As for the 345 bit, I used the Pythagorean Theorum, which was proved by many, including none other than a fav mathmetician Bhaskara II(!!). You know, a 3-4-5 right triangle. 3 (squared) + 4 (squared) = 5 (squared)? Ok, maybe it doesn't go. Whatever.

Dragonfly Site

Bhaskara II

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Rlb71797! - That was my first name I registered under, when I was like twelve or thirteen. Most of the numbers are my birth date, and the letters are my initials. The exclamation point, I have no explanation for. I forgot my password though, so I haven't used it since the beginning of 2003 I believe.

RanmaAppleTree - I like the manga Ranma 1/2. Which is where I got the name from. I'm not gonna lie though, I'm plagiarizing. I more or less, copied this name from someone else on a forum none of you have ever heard of. I just switched it up a bit.

Stormriders was the best movie ever.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Crimson King said:
Never get an 88 tatoo. In Aryan and Neo-Nazi groups, it means something quite bad. See, since H is the 8th letter of the Alphabet, 88 stands for HH which stands for Heil Hitler. I learned this from these 2 11 year old white supremist girls. They are like the Olsen twins, but they think the Holacaust was cool.

My old name (Eric the Red) was because I was named of the viking, Erik the Red. I changed it to Crimson King because I like the band, King Crimson.
The Holocaust was cool... well when you forget about the mass murders and the torturous inhumane things the Jews went through during it. Oh wait... >_> <_< >_> *runs*

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
My name actually has nothing to do with Smash. It was my attempt at making up an Indian name [I can say Indian because I'm 1/64th Cherokee] and might have had some vague tie to the superlatively lame movie "Jungle 2 Jungle". Anyway it was one of the first Hotmail Names I ever made [like when I was 10] and has stuck with me since. Now I almost can't imagine who I'd be without it...Dnim Anomalous, Green Mage, Pillow Cannon [but I recently coined those terms, so they had no chance way back when]

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
1ve got 2:

Devilkoopa- Simply because back in my nintendo days, Bowser was always my fav. character. However, in order to make a more dark/ menacing name, Devil Bowser would just not cut it. Therefore, i took a small step back and simply thought of a what a devil koopa would look like, and voila.

Solidus Mortis- If you know a bit of latin, it can translate into The Death Solid. The first part was simply inspired by MGS2, and I just played around with some words to get this phrase

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
For this forum, I thought of something I liked other than Smash (because obviously most people here do), and thought of Back to the Future. At the end of BTTF2, Marty yells, "The Doc's alive! He's in the old west, but he's alive!"

And, at the time I registered here, my favorite character was Dr. Mario. So it was a terrible attempt at a pun.

ElDestructo

Smash Cadet
thedocsalive said:
For this forum, I thought of something I liked other than Smash (because obviously most people here do), and thought of Back to the Future.
Back to the Future is a great series. :nod:

Most people probably think you're referring to Doc. Mario though.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
thedocsalive said:
For this forum, I thought of something I liked other than Smash (because obviously most people here do), and thought of Back to the Future. At the end of BTTF2, Marty yells, "The Doc's alive! He's in the old west, but he's alive!"

And, at the time I registered here, my favorite character was Dr. Mario. So it was a terrible attempt at a pun.
Haha! I never, never woulda guessed that.

ledjin

Smash Apprentice
I've been Ðjin since I got online a decade ago. Le is like 'the' in french, so I am not just A Ðjin, I'm THE Ðjin hehe. Oh, and a djin is -from arabic mythology- a demon, spawned from fire, which is kind of a genie without a lamp, which means he is free; he can grant wishes to anyone HE wants, or to himself. And [the best part] he can decide wether to be good or evil. It's up to him. So that's why I'm the Ðjin. The Ð is to be different, not just any Djin, but Ðjin. A personal thing to the meaning of that character there... And well, as u can see in my sig, it has | | those bars, which in math terms it means "absolute", so it's pretty obvious, |Ðjin| is like saying... **** I don't know how to say it in English cuz it loses its meaning... well, in Spanish it would be "El Ðjin Absoluto", nothing to do with math, and in English it'd be more or less "The Absolute Ðjin", but absolute not meaning like "total" or "full", I don't know how to say it for the meaning this phrase has in Spanish :s Anyways, that's pretty much my explanation.

Obsessed_Fangirl

Smash Rookie
Mines quite self-explanatory I think. But, oh well, it comes from me obsessing over guys every other week. No, not real guys, animeted guys. Some of my victims.....I mean, targets.....I mean...obsessions have included Cell (DBZ), Kratos (Tales of Symphonia), Vincent, Cid, Sephiroth (all FF7), and Ganondorf (LoZ). Of course, there's millions more, but thats just a few :D

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Yoshi said:
Yoshi is my fav nintendo character lol. There. :) I was really lucky and just joined when the site was starting out and such I think.
woah, you lucked out with that name.

Thomas Tipp is from the movie vanilla sky, hes in about two-three scenes of the movie and in a sense saves the day in the end (yet not much attention is focused on it). when i registered i had added "man" in "Tipman" out of confusion since it had ben a while since i had seen the movie.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
My name originates from a series of stories being written by some mates and myself, the series is known as Saga of Selected Supers and basically stars 4 heroes and 4 villains. The series is split up into 4 sagas with each saga being written from each of the characters views. We're up to writing the 3rd saga at the moment and have already planned the ending. Basically my name is an enhanced name of my character, Lemon Man, he is second in command at the Villain's League basically thats all I can say unless you want to read... alot.

RageNevermore

Smash Cadet
It all started with some major clan conflicts in Starcraft and I was constantly changing my name. So, I just got the idea of Rage, mainly 'cause I had a bad temper at the time.

Usually, I just use RageOverdose, but I started this account when I was exceptionally happy with life, so, Nevermore just really means I'm not that angry anymore.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
uhh..well...
There isn't really any hidden meaning to my name. It's just a silly made up word that I used at some point a few years ago. It got a chuckle out of a couple people and I thought it sounded cool. That's pretty much it.

Aurus

Smash Cadet
I thought the world "aura" sounded cool, but I added "us" onto the end to distinguish it from the word "aura".

Extreme Mega Man

Smash Rookie
My username is Extreme Mega Man cause I like to play Mega Man to the extreme. Therefore I consider myself to be a Extreme Mega Man.

Im very lonely.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Ever watch Invader Zim?

'The Scary Monkey Show' - although I decided to spell my name the retarted way.

annoying jammez

Donut
BRoomer
my name is annoying jammez because i had a friend who died whose name was james and he was totally cool so i added the mez to the end but he was kinda irritating so i put annoying at the beginning

-this is how the ball rolls

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
My name started in Dragon Warrior Monsters as a random name for my Rainhawk. Since then, all of my made-up names have been Zook.

I was thinking about making my name Grijin (my other game name), who was a character that I made for some comic my friend was making, but Zook is way more cool. Plus, I've had some people write bad haiku about my name.

KLSmash said:
Zook is a great dude
He is trying to eat
mustard
Without getting banned

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eorlingas is from Lord of the Rings

First name was Spartacus, who led a failed slave revolt against Rome.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I have two main handles.
Renji: this name has a really long history..>_> I'll give the short version =p
I use to use the name Rinji because It sounded cool when i was 14, after using for a LONG time a friend online of mine about a year and half ago started calling me Renji for some reason and I just decided to use that..>_>

Aesir: despite what my name says on here its Aesir I spelt it wrong I was in rush >< anyway Its taken from norse mythology and I just like the name..<.<

BreadBox2.0

Smash Rookie
my name is what it is because of all the things in the world ive never seen a bread basket, ive seen little bags with cute font that hold the bread, but i have yet to discover a bread basket

Phr34k_TeN

Smash Rookie
i often go by the name Phr34k. i'm a member of [TeN] for both DDR and SSBM, but i'm the leader only for the DDR part. the format we go by is the name, followed by the team name.

example: mine would be Phr34k.[TeN]

i woulda put that as my username but i couldn't, so i sorta just altered it to make Phr34k_TeN.

Tari.[TeN] is also a member on these boards, but i'm not quite sure of his username right now.

Tari_TeN

Smash Rookie
I'm here. ^^

I'm more on the SSBM side of our team. ^^ I'll leave the major DDR stuff to Phr34k. ><

Xaravir

Smash Rookie
Sadly, my name has no meaning. I had made it up on the spot when I had created this username.

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
I liked/hated The Legend of Max (DDR song) and so i made a screen name "legofmaxx" and so i took that and just released the the "f" and made legomaxx.
(not to be associated with the actual lego blocks).

Mekairinek

Smash Apprentice
Mekairinek, hm.

At the time I was really into 'Masters of the Universe' (shaddup) and 'Kingdom Hearts', so I thought it'd be funny to mix Mekaneck (my fav. character) with Kairi. Voila!

Unfortunatley people never can spell it right on the first try. D= So I mostly go by Elegance Liberty now. XD

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Well, Ganondorf's my main....I think you can figure out the rest, lol
At the time I just really wanted to get signed up, I was in a hurry. Plus, someone had already taken ragingdemon. Ragingdemon aka shungokusatsu, being the finishing move of Akum/Gouki from the Street Fighter series.

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
Mr. Ganondorf said:
Well, Ganondorf's my main....I think you can figure out the rest, lol
At the time I just really wanted to get signed up, I was in a hurry. Plus, someone had already taken ragingdemon. Ragingdemon aka shungokusatsu, being the finishing move of Akum/Gouki from the Street Fighter series.

:chuckle: YAY!!!! another Ganondorf user!!! awesome user name...better than my Ganondorf username...

chainchump

Smash Rookie
Marth is my main but i got my username from a character i am drawing that uses chains to fight evil villains

Gate Everest

Banned via Administration
Gate's a character of mine. Gate for entrance into a new sort of place, Everest cause it's the highest point... thus, entrance into the highest point. That and I like its sound.

Top Bottom