• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reapers Game II ~ SSBB Tournament - Milford, CT - May 31st

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Information

Reapers Game II - A Brawl Tournament Hosted by Zechs and Cat Fight

The tournament shall be held at Barron's Comic Book store in Milford, CT.

Look for the giant purple Barron's sign. Across the street is a plaza with Bob's clothing and Shop Rite. The front of the building has a big MaryKay Center sign on it.

Address:
174 Cherry Street
Milford, CT

NUMBERS TO CALL
- Zechs (Zach) 203-954-7803
- Barrons (Andy) 203-783-1630
- Cat Fight (Wes) 203-430-5480

Venue fee:
$2

Entry:
1v1: $10
2v2: $12

1v1 Prizes:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

2v2 Prizes:
1st - 80%
2nd - 20%

Registration will be at 12:00pm (when it opens). The tourney itself will most likely not start until 2:00pm, so make sure you are there in time! You never know, there might be delays, but don't count on it.

Rules

General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, with Finals being best of 5
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON

Stages

Neutral Stages: (Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks: **Added: Open to debate**
**Summit
**Pirate Ship
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Other
Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues
Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. BEVERAGES AND SNACKS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE :}
=================================================

So, the second RG is already in the works. Mark it on yr calendar!

Now, I'm thinking we should do doubles in Brawl instead of Melee singles this time. Anyone disagree?

shanus

Smash Hero
i may just be home in westport around that time, so i could be there :o

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Pst! I'll probably be here for this.
Also: PS1 doesn't deserve Neutral anymore, IMO. Friggen Windmill friggen sucks, and I'd rather not waste my valuable ban on it =(.
-DD

Zechster Angriff

Smash Rookie
Cat, some changes to the post are in order. It's a "Marykay Center" sign, but on top of that is a huge purple Barron's sign. Also the shopping center is Shoprite. I would mention the deduction for the house, as to be fair. 10 entry, I am thinking a 2 dollar deduction for the house. Anyone think that is too greedy?

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Ill come to this one too buuut unfortunatley for Wes my name will be on first this time. Lawl oh yeah I just went there >______0

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Pst! I'll probably be here for this.
Also: PS1 doesn't deserve Neutral anymore, IMO. Friggen Windmill friggen sucks, and I'd rather not waste my valuable ban on it =(.
-DD
Hmm, I'll have to talk to someone about whether or not PS1 should be neutral. We'll seeeee...

Cat, some changes to the post are in order. It's a "Marykay Center" sign, but on top of that is a huge purple Barron's sign. Also the shopping center is Shoprite. I would mention the deduction for the house, as to be fair. 10 entry, I am thinking a 2 dollar deduction for the house. Anyone think that is too greedy?
Made the adjustments.

Ill come to this one too buuut unfortunatley for Wes my name will be on first this time. Lawl oh yeah I just went there >______0
Hahah we'll see. I'm comin' with a surprise this time. ;}

noodles

Smash Champion
im coming probably. havent played since breasticle tho//prejohns

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I haven't played since 6am this morning / Cat Johns :{

Invite yr friends! Barron's isn't all that small of a place... Atleast 30/40 people can fit.

Plus it's a lot more fun/exciting with more people. :}

Also, I'm gonna try to record a good amount of the matches this time around. As many as I can, actually.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played since 6am this morning / Cat Johns :{

Invite yr friends! Barron's isn't all that small of a place... Atleast 30/40 people can fit.

Plus it's a lot more fun/exciting with more people. :}

Also, I'm gonna try to record a good amount of the matches this time around. As many as I can, actually.
Me and you both know that the only ones worth recording is the ones with me and you in it >____0 luls total joke, this is gonna be a hit oodles of fun.

noodles

Smash Champion
im so winning this tourny atleast top 3.... i dont plan to lose to wes this time XP

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I would be interested in going, but I don't know my work situation yet. Is housing a possibility?

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to house you unknown. This looks like it's gonna turn out to be a pretty hit tourney Wes! I'm hoping the 24th goes well too(which you should also go to unknown)

Edit2:Wes do you know if you're coming to watertown on the 9th and 10th?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I would be interested in going, but I don't know my work situation yet. Is housing a possibility?
If you need housing my house is available. And it's very close to the venue. :}

I might be able to house you unknown. This looks like it's gonna turn out to be a pretty hit tourney Wes! I'm hoping the 24th goes well too(which you should also go to unknown)

Edit2:Wes do you know if you're coming to watertown on the 9th and 10th?
I'm not sure if I'm coming to Watertown yet. I'll let you know by the end of this weekend. ;}

But yah I hope this goes well. I'd love to see some new faces. 8}

EDIT: I'm contemplating on adding a stage or two to the counterpick list, but I would like to talk it over with someone beforehand so no one gets upset. But I had in mind adding Summit and Jungle Japes to the list. Anyone against? For? Maybe others should be added?

noodles

Smash Champion
well idk u cud run away from the oppent easily in that stage. but how are you planning to use those stages anyways?

noodles

Smash Champion
you've definitly found something worthwhile on those stages that your planning to use otherwise you wouldnt have suggested them.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
you've definitly found something worthwhile on those stages that your planning to use otherwise you wouldnt have suggested them.
Oh, rofl. No I just like Summit, and I don't think it should be banned necessarily unless people tell me otherwise. I don't even like Jungle Japes.

noodles

Smash Champion
oh...LOL idk then jungle japes shud be banned the only thing wud have against summit wud probably be camping and minor hazards ill check that out now brb...is this gunna have stage banning for individual ppl?

noodles

Smash Champion
k i got it... king dedede infinite chainthrow is possible on this stage therefore it shud be banned lol.

noodles

Smash Champion
thats true but i dont think dthrow wud break the ice and u can still get decent percentage on the platform to the left.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
thats true but i dont think dthrow wud break the ice and u can still get decent percentage on the platform to the left.
Still, left platform isn't an infinite. You might get like 3 off before it falls.

I doubt anyone is going to counterpick Summit and use DDD, anyways.

Infinites should be banned. Wobbling is banned. Fox in Pokemon Stadium on the Fire transition can put you in an infinite but I doubt anyone is going to just jump right down there asking to get shined... Plus it's a transition so it doesn't last forever, and is easily avoidable. Same with DDD (CG dthrow on fire transition).

Just don't get grabbed. o_O;

Lotta people have weird grab related tricks they can do on that ice platform, BTW. ;} *wink wink*

noodles

Smash Champion
well whatever *shrug* guess it doesnt matter tooo much. also i got jungle japes mixed up with rumblefalls LOL

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
in my opinion theyre both ok enough i suppose, not anymore ridiculous than rainbow cruise or hannenbow. i would go with jungle japes but not summit. too much crap. the fish, floatiness, and mostly because theres no ledge. that i cant deal with personally.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
If you need housing my house is available. And it's very close to the venue. :}

I'm not sure if I'm coming to Watertown yet. I'll let you know by the end of this weekend. ;}

But yah I hope this goes well. I'd love to see some new faces. 8}

EDIT: I'm contemplating on adding a stage or two to the counterpick list, but I would like to talk it over with someone beforehand so no one gets upset. But I had in mind adding Summit and Jungle Japes to the list. Anyone against? For? Maybe others should be added?
How about Green Greens?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Great; thanks for the offer!

I'd be interested in the other event too, but its over two hours away. Normally, that wouldn't be an issue for me, but with the price of gas... *shrugs* I would need at least a few other people going with me to afford it.

As long as I don't have to work, I would certainly like to come! Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing some old faces.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
I am not going to this tourney but the floatyness of the level gives multi-jump characters a huge advantage I mean too big of one. I think that should be banned and jungle japes is way too campy even for my taste it will just be alot of running and shooting. Have you seen bum against Chu that lasted way too long and they just sat there until there was like 2min left in a 8 min time limit. Just throwing that out there

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
How about Green Greens?
I'm not opposed to the idea, but my friend Poink tells me there are lots of unfair glitches involving the blocks. I'm not sure how that'd go during the tournament, heh.

I'd be interested in the other event too, but its over two hours away. Normally, that wouldn't be an issue for me, but with the price of gas... *shrugs* I would need at least a few other people going with me to afford it.

As long as I don't have to work, I would certainly like to come! Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing some old faces.
Well, I hope you can make it! If y'need housing just PM me. I live with two roommates and there's a vacant room with a bed so it's all good. :}

I am not going to this tourney but the floatyness of the level gives multi-jump characters a huge advantage I mean too big of one. I think that should be banned and jungle japes is way too campy even for my taste it will just be alot of running and shooting. Have you seen bum against Chu that lasted way too long and they just sat there until there was like 2min left in a 8 min time limit. Just throwing that out there
Yeah, I guess that is kind of unfair/stupid. I wanted to hear what people thought about Jungle Japes, but since I don't even like it myself, and given the negative responses, I won't add it to the counterpick list. Good to hear yr input though, **** Tom.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman

Well if you do decide to go to the other event there will be housing for you if you need it and hopefully we can play at this one either way. :o)

and Wes the only problem I've seen with Green Greens is that the blocks spike you. Weird and annoying. I suggested it as a counterpick for the 24th but I realized that one the blocks spike you and also the walls and ceiling are really REALLY close. Still want it though haha.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Wow, a vacant room? I would have been fine with sleeping on the floor! A very generous offer indeed!

I wonder if I can get some other RI players interested in coming... Emmy, would Paul or anyone else from OAK be interested?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I think I'm just gonna leave the stages as they are, TBH. *shrug*

But still, it's a good list.

Oh, since I never exactly specified, doubles will be held before singles. ;}

EDIT: So I decided I'm adding Summit and Pirate Ship to the counterpick list. -___-;

They're good counterpick stages and I enjoy playing on both. If you don't wanna play on the stage(s), you have two counterpick bans you can use.

Thankssssssssssss.

Top Bottom