• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really good Roy's

YADZ

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have any video's, or can show me any video's of really good Roy's, like Neo or anyone. I havent seen any really good Roy's play, and i'd like to see them to get the hang of Roy. Thanks ^_^

defsithe

Smash Ace
use dc++ for the smash hub there is tons of vids to download and check the video disscussion section for videos and dc++ setup guide

Brak

Smash Rookie
Those videos were pretty sweet. I liked the Falco VS. Luigi battle. Both of the players were quite skilled with their characters.

halu102

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, no offense to husband, but it seemed like husband wasn't that great of a Marth, well at least in that Neo v husband video. I mean, husband seemed scared of neo or something, again no offense. But i do agree that Neo is probably one of the most skilled Roy players ever, probably the best.

Banned via Administration
halu102 said:
I dunno, no offense to husband, but it seemed like husband wasn't that great of a Marth, well at least in that Neo v husband video. I mean, husband seemed scared of neo or something, again no offense. But i do agree that Neo is probably one of the most skilled Roy players ever, probably the best.
go to a tournament and play husband then reevaluate your life.

If you play Roy correctly and godly like Neo, no marth can stop you.
that's like saying "HAY IF U R GUD, RITE, @ DIS GAM, DEN U WIL WIN LOL". please refrain from being an idiot. and btw, roy still sucks.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I met husband, hes a ****, I talked to ken, says husband just chain grabs and isnt very good. From what KOSMOS tells me, husband has been private messaging him to try and get to play him on teams since they couldnt do it at mlg.

From what Ive seen of husband, he is a little over average smasher. I like wife, a nice guy thats cool to be around, I couldnt stand husband.

Any player can suck with any character, its just most people switch to the easier character. Roy just so happens to be one of those harder to learn characters. Most people switch their character to either: Fox, Falco, Marth, or Sheik before learning what their character can truely do.

Roy has potential! It just needs to be uncovered. We can do it!
I found roy's potential:

I met husband, hes a ****, I talked to ken, says husband just chain grabs and isnt very good. From what KOSMOS tells me, husband has been private messaging him to try and get to play him on teams since they couldnt do it at mlg.

From what Ive seen of husband, he is a little over average smasher. I like wife, a nice guy thats cool to be around, I couldnt stand husband.

Any player can suck with any character, its just most people switch to the easier character. Roy just so happens to be one of those harder to learn characters. Most people switch their character to either: Fox, Falco, Marth, or Sheik before learning what their character can truely do.
LOL you are an idiot. Husband is AMAZING. He probably was a **** to you because you were being a little n00b with his head cut off. I met husband and the guy's nice as hell.

As for that last paragraph, stfu. Talk to any decent smasher who isn't a complete ****** and they will tell you tiers exist for a reason.

Roy doesn't suck...he's hard to play GOOD. Any n00b can pick up Marth or Shiek and be decent in a day.
Yes he does suck. And any n00b can pick up marth or shiek and be "decent" because they are higher tier. But both shiek and marth are quite hard to master and anyone who does should be respected.

stewie91

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't suck. he's harder to play than Marth. I'm not saying that Marth is ****, he's actually really good. In comparison, Marth is better, but Roy still doesn't suck. A chracter like Pichu sucks. And you're right, anyone who masters them (like Ken) deserves to be respected, but someone who masters Roy deserves to be respected as much or even more IMO.

And 5150, If you're going to post pictures, even stupid ones like that, mke them smaller. :ohwell:

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I guess I got 5150 into ***** mode again with my comment, there hasn't been enough of it these past few days. Oh wellz, ROFLMAOOMFGBBQ. Well, comparing someone like Ken to Husband.... I can see a pretty significant gap between the skills. But mind you guys, this is from just videos [like i said] that I have watched.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
WTF are all the flamewars about? Can't you discuss like normal human beings WITHOUT flaming? Sheesh.

IMO, videos don't proof the REAL skill of a player. If you want to find out, then battle them.

I know, Marth's easier to play decent, but you can't just say "Everyone switches to the easier char Marth", because that's just not true.
There are some original players - like me! - who picked Marth when they didn't know about his skill, this forum or whatsoever. No offense.

But I do agree that Roy is harder to play decent with.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
From what Ive seen of husband, he is a little over average smasher.
Wow. If you consider Husband to only be above average, then you should play tournaments. I realize that you never implied you were better, but you must be running on a different scale for measuring skills than the rest of us. Husband is very good.

I'm going to agree with 5150, and say that Husband was probably a **** to you because he has no respect for your abilities. What you don't understand is that in a competitive environment, you aren't respected for being a nice guy or for being cool. It's all about skill. The better you are at this game, the more respect you'll get from other good players, and then you started forming friendships.

CaptainAwesome said:
Wow. If you consider Husband to only be above average, then you should play tournaments. I realize that you never implied you were better, but you must be running on a different scale for measuring skills than the rest of us. Husband is very good.

I'm going to agree with 5150, and say that Husband was probably a **** to you because he has no respect for your abilities. What you don't understand is that in a competitive environment, you aren't respected for being a nice guy or for being cool. It's all about skill. The better you are at this game, the more respect you'll get from other good players, and then you started forming friendships.
lol, i dont think skill is what forms friendships......and you can still earn respect for being a nice guy.....
KAIYO said:
5150, It's Ice X. Don't betray me. We're usually on the same side.
I dont care if you're usually on my side. If you say something stupid I will call you out on it.
ZMan said:
No character sucks. Some characters are just better than others. Roy does not suck. why do you (5150) play him if you think he sucks?
First off, many characters suck. Roy is one of those characters. I told you to stop trying to argue against that a long time ago and you haven't taken my advice, have you? I suggest you do before looking like even more of an idiot.

And why do I play him if he sucks? Because I'm stubborn. But at least I have a good character as a secondary (but i end up using him as much or even more than roy because he's just plain better).

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I play four better character as secondaries (Doc, CF, Jiggs, and ICs) and I still use Roy/Ness more. Why? I feel more comfident in using Roy/Ness in a tourny than Jiggs or something. Like I said, some characters are just worse than others, no character truly "sucks." ALL characters have potential, get over it.

ZMan said:
I play four better character as secondaries (Doc, CF, Jiggs, and ICs) and I still use Roy/Ness more. Why? I feel more comfident in using Roy/Ness in a tourny than Jiggs or something. Like I said, some characters are just worse than others, no character truly "sucks." ALL characters have potential, get over it.
Get over it, you're wrong. I don't need to say anything else.

stewie91

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna assume you have respct for Ken, who doesn't? But do you have respect for NEO, who used Roy and beat Ken's Marth? I mean, if you think about it, a Pichu might(BIG might) be able to beat a Shiek at the same level as itself if it is played right.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
To get back on topic, what other good Roy players are out there besides Neo, Azen, and Ken? I hope that no one gets angry and bashes me for asking about Roy.

ZMan said:
O RLY?

But really, all characters have potential. If you don't believe that you're just an ignorant n00b
I really wish you would just stfu and go to a real tournament please. Please ask your mom if you can go to fc6, tell her it's a slumber party and a bunch of your friends are going.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
5150 said:
LOL you are an idiot. Husband is AMAZING. He probably was a **** to you because you were being a little n00b with his head cut off. I met husband and the guy's nice as hell.

As for that last paragraph, stfu. Talk to any decent smasher who isn't a complete ****** and they will tell you tiers exist for a reason.
Ofcourse, asking him what pool he was in charge of, since he was helping run the singles bracket, is me acting like a "n00b". Hes a ****, and your a ****, thats why you guys get along.

Every decent smasher says mind games>tiers, how come its only YOU that disagrees?

D

Deleted member

ZMan said:
O RLY?

But really, all characters have potential. If you don't believe that you're just an ignorant n00b
most characters do NOT have potential.

To settle some disputes:

Roy sucks.

Roy can still win matches, it's just hard.

Husband is a talented solid player.

and he's right, tiers > mindgames. You don't need mindgames to spam falco's SHL and own half the cast. Sit down.

Miso

Smash Cadet
youre right umbreon, you dont need mind games to spam SHL, but you can use mind games AGAINST SHL and make it fail....so you sit down

UmbreonMow said:
most characters do NOT have potential.

To settle some disputes:

Roy sucks.

Roy can still win matches, it's just hard.

Husband is a talented solid player.

and he's right, tiers > mindgames. You don't need mindgames to spam falco's SHL and own half the cast. Sit down.
Thank you, finally, for bringing some sanity to this ****ing ******** *** n00b forum.

Miso said:
youre right umbreon, you dont need mind games to spam SHL, but you can use mind games AGAINST SHL and make it fail....so you sit down
quick question, how do you mindgame a laser?

RastaImposta said:
Ofcourse, asking him what pool he was in charge of, since he was helping run the singles bracket, is me acting like a "n00b". Hes a ****, and your a ****, thats why you guys get along.

Every decent smasher says mind games>tiers, how come its only YOU that disagrees?
First off, you're ********. I did the same thing at mlg chicago, asked what bracket I was in, and he was probably the nicest guy out of all the people I met there.

Second, who are these "decent smashers" you refer to? I'd like to meet them, because every "decent smasher" I've met says the opposite.

Miso

Smash Cadet
lol, maybe mindgame was the wrong word, lets rephrase that

there are METHODS that characters can use to make SHL fail or lessen its effectiveness

basically use anything in ur power to make it miss while moving forwards....i usually dash-cancel my way to falcos SHL on my kirby, or jumping above and under it to get them either frustrated or confused, that way..if they try to Dair or smash...just shield grab

i agree with 5150 to an extent...i do believe to some extent that tiers > skill, but then i also believe that lower tiered characters still have the ability to beat higher tiered characters, it just takes a lot more work on the lower chars part.

no character is bad, its just that some seem to be more prone to winning lol (but in the case of fox then thats just plain wrong...whyd they make him so good?!)

Miso said:
basically use anything in ur power to make it miss while moving forwards....i usually dash-cancel my way to falcos SHL on my kirby, or jumping above and under it to get them either frustrated or confused, that way..if they try to Dair or smash...just shield grab
thats not mindgames

i agree with 5150 to an extent...i do believe to some extent that tiers > skill, but then i also believe that lower tiered characters still have the ability to beat higher tiered characters, it just takes a lot more work on the lower chars part.
I never said tiers > skill. I said tiers > mindgames. If two equal players play each other and one is using a higher tier character (given they aren't a counter or are countered by their opponent) then the person using the higher tier character will win most of the time. However, if one person is better than the other but is using a lower tier character, then the outcome will be more even because they are just an all around better player. For example, NEO uses roy, who is ****, but he is one of the best smashers in the world, therefore he is still able to beat people, though he is using a **** character.

no character is bad, its just that some seem to be more prone to winning lol (but in the case of fox then thats just plain wrong...whyd they make him so good?!)
No, some characters are ****. There is no way around this. Look at Bowser. Look at Mewtwo. Look at any character below link on the tiers. those are **** characters. The ones that are "more prone to winning" are better, and therefore not **** characters. And yes, fox is good.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
OMFG, i love 5150's posts

oh

<NEO> roy sucks, wtf
<NEO> he only has like, 4 moves

NEO IS A NOOB!!!

Miso said:
ever read the trophie for Pichu? it even proves that Pichu sucks lol
if no character is bad...why do we always see characters like falco, fox, marth, and sheik winning tournaments?

oh, and guys, noticed how your saying that roy doesnt suck despite that fact you're all nobodies who havent proved ****?

it's funny how people who go to tournies and have good experience are ignored on smashboards by simple nobodies

Miso

Smash Cadet
i've been to plenty of tournies with plenty of really good smashers..and i never defended Roy

the only reason that we see the upper tiered characters win the tournies is because they are the easiest to pick up and play...if you actually watch a good marth or falco...they only use like 3 moves total throughout the entire match

the lower tiered characters are much harder to play because they require more thought, you have to know which move to use when and how and where to hit with it and blah blah blah...with Marth all you have to remember is *hit with the tip* and they basically go flying now matter what move it is

and 5150...look at gimpyfish's bowser...no1 really plays mewtwo so there is no1 to defend him..but there are some ppl who use lower tiered characters and totally pwn with them (vilness comes to mind)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ZMan said:
Cause MArth, Shiek and **** are all easier to play as and have a g]reater chance of winning.
greater chance of winning = better
thank you

and i loved how you didnt mention fox. i find roy much easier to use than fox for that he isnt all that much of an in depth character.

Miso said:
the only reason that we see the upper tiered characters win the tournies is because they are the easiest to pick up and play...if you actually watch a good marth or falco...they only use like 3 moves total throughout the entire match
wow, fox is easy to play? and...watch p.c chris's falco, i doubt he uses 3 moves

Miso said:
the lower tiered characters are much harder to play because they require more thought
no, it's because they suck
Miso said:
and 5150...look at gimpyfish's bowser...)
gimpy cant win tourneys

stewie91

Smash Apprentice
Marth and Shiek are easy to use, but hard to master, that's why people play them so much. Fox is fast as hell but extremely hard to master. Roy is Hard to master and he doesn't have the speed or moves to keep up with them, unless played like a god like how NEO uses him.

Top Bottom