• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
@ TheRealHeroOfWinds TheRealHeroOfWinds , I know this isn't really the place for it, but I've been trying for a while to get some character models ripped from Majora's Mask but I'm no good. Particularly the final boss. Also, there's only OoT young links on the vault so there's that too... (EDIT: I'm very politely asking if you take requests)

I'm currently running my own PM build with all the N64 costumes and most stages available on the Vault. If you guys need any CSS or CSP work, I'd be happy to contribute.

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
Sure.

We just finished our preliminary character replacement files. This used the USA version's attributes. We're going through now and comparing the different versions and giving characters whichever one of the attributes is the "best." Next we're on to moveset modification (e.g. reverting Falcon u-smash). Aesthetic redesign isn't something high on my personal radar, but I believe that's the specialty of some of the new members, so that'll probably be going on in parallel.

We already have codes such as no air-dodging and proper hitstun, but our members may be using different codes at the moment. For example, my build has Brawl's stale move negation, but I know the code to remove it already exists.

Honestly, I think we would be able to make a release relatively soon, it just requires the team to line everything up and get it done in a burst. However, I also have a more lenient view of what an "acceptable demo" would consist of. Discrepancies like this are part of what hold up the release process.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Guys there is another kind of person we need. Actually 3.
- PSA Creator
- Model Rigger
- Model Creator
If you have any of these skills please reply. Or we will be forced to go to other forums.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
  • Keep Side Special
  • Keep Up Throws and Down Throws
  • Keep 4 Taunts
  • No fastfalling on aerials

um....the game will not be anything like 64 if you plan on doing these things

Vale

Smash Ace
  • Keep Side Special
  • Keep Up Throws and Down Throws
  • Keep 4 Taunts
  • No fastfalling on aerials
um....the game will not be anything like 64 if you plan on doing these things
Side B is a pretty major change, granted. Unsure if adding one additional move option would completely make the game unlike 64, though.
Adding in extra throws actually wouldn't be that big of a change. We already see them used for KOs, starting combos, etc. Four throws allows characters to have increased options.
I'm assuming the taunts as a point is a joke.
I read earlier somewhere (might have been in this thread) that it means fastfalling after executing an aerial attack. You'd still be able to fastfall, and then aerial. Someone else can clarify, though.

RazzleDazzle

Smash Cadet
64 is how it is and should stay that way if were recreating it. Just because it buffs a character doesn't mean we could buffs the character somewhere else that retains the mechanics of 64. For example, we could buff samus's existing projectiles rather than stray from the original and give her more. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
For characters that don't already have N64-style models, I've found a way to still have them. And it's been in Brawlbox all along, even though I'm too ****ty at 3D modeling right now to help you guys as much as I'd like. Hiding the noobish terrible texture mapping and all that, here's ZSS:

it's simple. It's the 3D model for shadows, it's low-poly and on-point. If someone more experienced than myself were to texture this (I'm really, really out of my league trying to do anything 3D as my area of expertise is 2D right now), it would be the perfect model for her in this project.

The same goes for almost every other character that doesn't have an N64 model to correspond with.

Cheers!
We would love you on the team. I know someone of the team already sent you on how to texture. But I want you to learn how to rig too! We will need that for the CSP.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
@ TheRealHeroOfWinds TheRealHeroOfWinds , I know this isn't really the place for it, but I've been trying for a while to get some character models ripped from Majora's Mask but I'm no good. Particularly the final boss. Also, there's only OoT young links on the vault so there's that too... (EDIT: I'm very politely asking if you take requests)

I'm currently running my own PM build with all the N64 costumes and most stages available on the Vault. If you guys need any CSS or CSP work, I'd be happy to contribute.
We could always use more. Just talk to Capps.

Edit: Sorry for double post! But we need someone who can make animations for the characters.

Last edited:

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
We would love you on the team. I know someone of the team already sent you on how to texture. But I want you to learn how to rig too! We will need that for the CSP.
My laptop is currently in for repairs but I should have it back soon, lemme know what you were thinkin'.

Vale

Smash Ace
I must have missed a couple of important conversations.

Note: Even if we do add Mia, it almost certainly won't be for a while. Mia doesn't even make sense with Ike's moveset.

Vale

Smash Ace
Which takes a bunch of time, especially if we're making our own moves.
Besides, we need to get the original 12 characters and balance them. And then we'd definitely need to implement and balance Marth before any other Fire Emblem characters. And we'd probably add in people like Bowser or Ganondorf before Mia as well.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Because every Smash game to date has replaced one Fire Emblem character. So we wanted to keep the pattern. Also that model is from a cancelled N64 game so it fits perfectly.
Why get rid of a character, though? I'm fine with Mia, but she shouldn't replace anyone. Imo noone should be replaced. Then you're alienating players, and that's never good.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Why get rid of a character, though? I'm fine with Mia, but she shouldn't replace anyone. Imo noone should be replaced. Then you're alienating players, and that's never good.
Let's use Toon Link for example. He wasn't released yet. So we are most likely replacing him with Young Link. Same thing with Kyogre as a Pokeball, we are most likely replacing him with Gyarados.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
What are you going to do about Captain Olimar then

Are you even speaking on the behalf of the team

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Smash Bros. 64 was released in America in 1999. It wouldn't really make sense if a N64 game have characters that would make their first debut at later games, or at a later gen console or portable system. We are pretending this year is 1999, not 2014. Though Roy made his debut in Melee unintentionally, because a Fire Emblem game was supposed to be a NGC launch title, but it got delayed, and Melee stayed on its targeted released date, and people are going like, "Who's Roy?" back then.

What I'm trying to say is, "All characters who made their debut before or during 1999, stays put, while the characters after 1999, will get set aside." So technically, very few characters will be "placed at the other side of the table," and will most likely be replaced with another character.

All of this above will be subject to change, and will be noted at a later date. Capps will make the final saying before all hell breaks loose; so yeah, youngsora1, just hold the phone and I'll speak to Capps myself, when he finds the time to talk to me, I'll confirm it, unless Capps wants to say it himself.

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros. 64 was released in America in 1999. It wouldn't really make sense if a N64 game have characters that would make their first debut at later games, or at a later gen console or portable system. We are pretending this year is 1999, not 2014. Though Roy made his debut in Melee unintentionally, because a Fire Emblem game was supposed to be a NGC launch title, but it got delayed, and Melee stayed on its targeted released date, and people are going like, "Who's Roy?" back then.

What I'm trying to say is, "All characters who made their debut before or during 1999, stays put, while the characters after 1999, will get set aside." So technically, very few characters will be "placed at the other side of the table," and will most likely be replaced with another character.

All of this above will be subject to change, and will be noted at a later date.
So will you guys just be creating entirely new movesets for the replacements of 2000-2014 debut characters, or will they just be new skins?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

All of this above will be subject to change, and will be noted at a later date. Capps will make the final saying before all hell breaks loose; so yeah, youngsora1, just hold the phone and I'll speak to Capps myself, when he finds the time to talk to me, I'll confirm it, unless Capps wants to say it himself.
That sounds really dumb.
You're not making a 1999 game.
You're making a 2014 game.
You don't have to get rid of characters just cuz.
The draw of your mod should be the gameplay and maybe the aesthetics.
Look at Project M. They didn't get rid of Ike because he wasn't around before Melee. Look how popular that is.
Remember that you're modding Brawl, so a lot of your players are going to be Brawl players. Actively replacing a character they main/appreciate in the roster will deter them. I assume the goal of your project is to get as many people to play it as possible, so this should be a huge red flag.

Vale

Smash Ace
I agree with Fox here. We're here to make a game that plays like 64 and captures the essence of Smash. Doing things like replacing Kyogre with Gyarados are completely unnecessary. If we want to implement characters in chronological order, sure, I guess, but to remove everything because it didn't exist in 1999 doesn't make any sense. We have to start implementing characters somewhere, and wanting to do those first seems alright because the specific order doesn't matter much apart from the original 12 (e.g. Pit before Ike). I think we'd want the popular characters in first. We have no reason to make new characters before the entire Brawl cast is created, imo.

Note: Right now we're just saying things that are our personal views. Capps handles official statements/releases.

EDIT: Also, just how far into the future are we looking here? We don't even have a 0.5 demo with just the original 12 yet. Obviously, our views can be subject to change by then.

Last edited:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Only Mario is done, sadly, cause I want to get some of the stages ready for this mod's alpha release. No custom SFXs will be in the alpha release, though not all, but some will be in the next update. ;) Also, multiple stages will be slightly different than the ones shown in the OP.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I've thought of an idea that I'm thinking of showing gameplay on stream for testing and showing 0.5 Alpha before its release. When you may ask?

Tonight at 9:00pm EST

I'm thinking of showing you this at that particular time just to show you how the characters' speed will feel like, which will be similar to 64, but not exact, though pretty close to it. The gameplay will have a code not in the mod yet, but you'll notice it pretty quickly.

Also, only the character's attributes, meaning jumps, movement speed, falling speed, friction, weight, shield bubbles and any other things related to these things listed, as the moveset changes are mine in general, except size which will be the same multiplier-wise. The size multiplier will be different in my mod than the Reality 64 mod in general.

LiveStreams:
Twitch.tv/Sluigi1234
Justin.tv, then search "Sluigi1234"​

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
Sluigi, do you want me to send you the txt for codes I have beforehand?

Edit: sent it for cross-referencing either way

Last edited:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Sadly, I don't have the proper equipment to livestream on YouTube, but I can via Twitch, or Justin. I only have Roxio, for now.

Top Bottom