• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Brawl Choices

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Hello all, I wanna hear the most realistic character that YOU think will be in brawl. When I say realistic, I mean ones that have a great chance. For example, you may think that a cute character addition would be Cleffa. But would it honeslty be the best choice for a brawl character, considering limited line-up? Keep personal feelings aside! ^_^

Anyways, I want to hear your ideas! Just a few stipulations: 1) They must be Nintendo related, or have starred in a Nintendo game. 2) Please give a reasoning why you think this character deserves the honor of being in Brawl! I'll start!

King Dedede: The King would be an excellent addition. Kirby characters are low, reduced to Kirby and Meta Knight. Heavy characters are also few in number. Dedede has a hammer, which is perfect for Melee, and a float ability. Slow and Strong, like bowser, Dedede could pummle all those who come near!

Presea Combatir: ...Ok, this has some personal feelings involved! Presea is adorable! <3 But honestly, Presea would be an excellent choice! Think of it: 3rd Party character, Female, which are few and far between in Melee. She weilds an axe, which is an excellent battle item, and has several attack choices, as seen in TOS. Not to mention she would certainly add a somewhat serious tone to the game. I hope Presea is considered!

Well, don't just sit there! ^_^ Who do you think would be a great fighter?

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
Wolf O' Donnell- Face it, Wolf is just going to be a heavier version of Fox, a kind of "Ganondorf" of Fox. Heavier, more powerful, with maybe a new blaster or something to that extent.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You say realistic Brawl choices and then go on to mention someone I've never heard of? Who the hell is Presea Combatir?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I got a pretty good feeling that we'll be seeing a certain tie-wearing ape showing up in Brawl. It's a long shot, you may say, but just wait and watch. You'll see.

Kirye

Smash Ace
You say realistic Brawl choices and then go on to mention someone I've never heard of? Who the hell is Presea Combatir?
Presea is from Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube. She's a third party character from Namco. She's also very unimportant to the game compared to the main characters Lloyd, Kratos and Collete. XD

And wow, this Pokemon battle music goes so well with 30 Seconds to Mars, LOL.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Presea Combatir: The most unrealistic character choice ever.... next to Rudy the Clown.

You started out so well, but... you fail.

Realistic characters =
Dedede - top of polls, very popular
Diddy - top of polls, very popular
Krystal - theres just a very good chance here
Sonic - nintendo knows we want him, not to mention a certain olympics game featuring mario made by sega... hmm, seems like they made a deal or something
Balloon Fighter - was in the melee beta, shows he's at least been highly considered

Sensai

Smash Master
McFox, I was thinking the exact same thing...but, I opted for smartass-ness over in-your-face-zomg-you're-so-dumb-ness. Ah, oh well.

And I'm going to have to say (this is honesty, BTW) that Sonic is a fairly possible character to see in Brawl. He gets my vote.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Besides the obvious contenders (Diddy, Ridley, Krysal, King Dedede and Ike) I have high hopes for Captain Olimar. Commanding armies of Pikmin would make for one of the most ingenius and hilarious move-sets in the history of Super Smash Bros. and after staring in two Gamecube hit titles there is no character more worthy.

And call me crazy, but I think Sensai may be onto something with this "Snake" character.

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
Grey Fox!
Brawl seems like it's opening up to a whole new level of characters worthy to rise to the ranks of god tier.

A gun totin/katana weilding futuristic ninja seems like he'll fit right in with Metaknight and Pit, along with whatever other badass characters they add. And with the inclusion of Snake (I know you all think it's a long shot but it's gonna happen) I think that Grey Fox definetely deserves a spot as an unlockable character.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Yes...Yes...I know. Presea has a snowball in hells chance compared to Lloyd/Kratos/Colette. But fighter wise, she would be excellent. There's no denying that!

Another character I feel would be an excellent addition would be Paula from Earthbound.
Again, more females, PSI powers, frying pans as weapons, small light character...Sounds like Zelda/Peach. :/ But still, Ness must be pretty lonely in there.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Grey Fox!
Brawl seems like it's opening up to a whole new level of characters worthy to rise to the ranks of god tier.
^^Yeah that's what I'm talkin about!!! The ultimate ninja comes to Brawl! Grey Fox! Not realistic, but who cares. He would take anybody & everybody to the cleaners on Brawl. Quick quick, somebody make a good thread about this guy!

Plus, we are in dire need of a shinobi or two in Brawl.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Presea Combatir: The most unrealistic character choice ever.... next to Rudy the Clown.

You started out so well, but... you fail.

Realistic characters =
Dedede - top of polls, very popular
Diddy - top of polls, very popular
Krystal - theres just a very good chance here
Sonic - nintendo knows we want him, not to mention a certain olympics game featuring mario made by sega... hmm, seems like they made a deal or something
Balloon Fighter - was in the melee beta, shows he's at least been highly considered
oxyorb is tottaly right, but he's missing WWLink, Paper Mario for example.

Recent games, sakurai's pool, ppl want them, etc.

Some topic of realism.

My choices:

King Dedede
Ridley
Dark Samus
[insert some Pokemon characters here]

8U;

And for non-realism:

Daroach, from Kirby Squeak Squad.

Why not? He's only been in one game. x:
What the he** did he say? It's REALLY HARD to read...

Edit: Now that I quote that, has a darker background.

Dark samus? as an alternative, yes. (like Metroid Fusion Samus in SSBM)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

Is Melee Beta some kind of special edition version? Someone fill me in here.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Its a previous version of SSBM. Nothing special.

(btw If you like to play it, you can... just work as a Nintendo programmer :chuckle: )
Well my major happens to be game/web design at college so I don't see why not. Working for Nintendo would be sweet, but it's nothing more than a pipe dream. Still, I'm shooting for the stars!

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
Okay, if you had to put 20 bucks on the line that three new characters would be in, who would they be?

I'd have to go with Sonic, Midna and Diddy Kong.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Okay, if you had to put 20 bucks on the line that three new characters would be in, who would they be?

I'd have to go with Sonic, Midna and Diddy Kong.
Diddy would be really cool, but I think RARE and Nintendo had a falling out. And since Diddy was from RARE, I don't know if he could make it. I admit, I would like to see him there though.

Sensai

Smash Master
Indigo4, RARE was bought by M$, meaning...yes, they did.

But at the same time, M$'s been allowing them to make games/release games for Nintendo. Dunno why, but...yep.

Sonic, Ganon with a sword moveset (does that count), and....hmm....Captain Olimar.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Well, aside from Presea Combatir, who I think we all can agree is practically confirmed, I gotta say another one of my personal favorites is the ball from Pong.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Interesting...I had no idea. :/ I thought that they just decided to not work together anymore...but then again, there was a Dixie and King K. Rool Trophy in Melee. Maybe Diddy DOES stand a chance. ^_^

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
If I had to bet money on 3 chars that I think should be pretty much shoe ins for Brawl, my choice would be Ridley, King DeeDeeDee, and Sonic, all 3 make perfect since and in my mind have a very good chance, among other chars that I think would be super cool are...

All Realistic Choices, all should be at least considered by Sakura

High Chance Chars (Should be in, if not already secretly in)

-Ridley
-Kind DeeDeeDee
-Sonic
-Diddy Kong
-Lucario/Blazekin/Other pokemon (I just think a new pokemon is VERY likely)

Medium Chance (I think they should be in but others might not think the same)

-Captain Olmar
-Wolf
-Samuri Gorah
-New Fire Emblem Char
-Krystal
-Wind Waker Link

Low Chance (I want them but I'm not holding my breath)

-Paper Mario
-Simon Belmont
-Bomberman
-Black Shaddow
-Deathborne
-Minda/Wolflink

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
More than likely...

King DeeDeeDee?
WWLink
Sonic
Some 4th Gen Pokemon, or Blaziken :chuckle:

Maybe...

Wolf
Ridley
Paper Mario
Space Pirate

Hope it does...

WWGanondorf :ohwell:
Bomberman
Thardus! :dizzy: um... let me clarify: Giant rock guy in Metroid Prime

And maybe some alt. costumes

Purple Link
Phazon Suit Samus
more random colors for Kirby...

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I think that rather than adding such characters as Paper Mario and such, they should be unlockable costumes, which change small things about each character. Another example would be Wind Waker Link being a costume of Y. Link. So it's like a new character, but doesn't take up as much roster space. That means we can get more characters in there! ^^

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Likely

Sonic
Lucario (replaces Pichu)
Wolf O'Donnell

Medium Chance

Ridley
Cpt. Olimar
King Dedede

Very Low Chances but I want them in

Petey Piranha
Deathborne

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I've always hated that idea.

And all characters that were created for the Donkey Kong franchise, regardless of who it was developed by, are owned by Nintendo. Diddy, King K. Rool, even Candy and Funky Kong. They're all Nintendo characters.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
You know, I just thought of something. You remember how in that first trailer everyone had those really cool smash moves? Well, Sonic could become Super Sonic for his! I'm sure the creators would want to take advantage of that!! Maybe Sonic really will be there! There is no denying fan support! ^_^

And wow, I always thought that Diddy and Co were RARE because...well, RARE is mentioned in every game he's in. :p But knowing he IS Nintendo's is a relief. I hope the little guy makes it!

Sensai

Smash Master
McFox said:
And all characters that were created for the Donkey Kong franchise, regardless of who it was developed by, are owned by Nintendo. Diddy, King K. Rool, even Candy and Funky Kong. They're all Nintendo characters.
'Preciate that. Was just about to explain that.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I think that rather than adding such characters as Paper Mario and such, they should be unlockable costumes, which change small things about each character. Another example would be Wind Waker Link being a costume of Y. Link. So it's like a new character, but doesn't take up as much roster space. That means we can get more characters in there! ^^
The things that always change are the cloths, hair, eyes color. Putting a totally different "sprite" as an alternative costume... it never gonna happen.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Now that you mention it, maybe it isn't a good idea. I didn't like how Peach was made in Daisy form for one of her costumes. I mean, they're seperate characters. I guess that would get annoying after a while. :/

Tera253

Smash Ace
Sonic (it's sprawling all over the net)
Dedede
Krystal.

*(->Tera's seal of approval that that was not a wishlist<-)*

~Tera253~

Top Bottom