• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reactions to 3/9 delay compared to 2/10 delay

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
this delay was delgay because it had the aura of almost here. Magazine's were doing their Brawl issues, commercials were airing, the countdown would have been under 20 days by now. At stores, food expiration dates were AFTER February 10th. And stores started using Brawl to advertise in windows, displays, and ads.

It was nearly hear, and was just a bad business move to delay it again. Also, it's even worse of a business move to not tell anyone why.

The lack of reason makes me think the game is done and could be going gold right now, but Sakurai isnt ready to give up his baby just yet. But when will he ever be?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I definitely took the first delay better than this one. The cruel thing is, I didn't even pay attention to the release date because I had assumed there wouldn't be another one. So now today, not only is Sheik confirmed as returning (which I was meh about to begin with) but we have another delay. Great f***ing day.

Although I doubt I will stay angry about this for more than ten minutes. I'm so used to getting mediocre to bad news about this game's release that it's just impossible for me to care as much. If they wanna take another month to keep up disc production and finish localization, then do it. NOW.

With this delay announced, there are no longer any good excuses. We're waiting Nintendo. This had better be worth the wait.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I don't like either of them...

but this delay wasn't that big of a deal for me. I complained for weeks after the December one. I only complained one day after the January one.

It's just another month...less, actually. I have other things I need to do, anyway. I haven't even played some of the games I got for Christmas yet. :grin:

Besides, the roster'll be here in a week or so, so it doesn't matter.

Fifty-something days until Brawl!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Didnt tick me off as much as the last one : \ If he throws in afew new characters (A 3rd party SOMEWHERE In there) I'll be happy. Its only a month.

And I hadnt reserved a copy yet.. gives me more time to do that.

It'll work out well for me, I have a gamestop 30 minutes from my house, and right by it is A bestbuy. And evereyone is all like BB > GS so.. I might not reserve anything and just go to Gamestop.

But I'll still reserve. Probably

and stop typing all my thoughts. okay. done.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
This delay for sure. Hype has gone up, and the one month delay is just for dumb things they should have had done ages ago (advertising and translating to name a few).
The online play better be flawless.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
meh either one wasn't too bad for me, i'm used to it i suppose
the military told me my dad would be home from iraq 3 months after he left, 1 year later he returns

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
If you can CONVINCE me how I did, I would LOVE to hear it.
Well I seem to recall you ranting about all the delay "rumors" and how Nintendo would never do it becuase it would be a horrible marketing technique. And you made a whole sticky thread telling people to stop making delay threads. Thats kind of why. Don't take it personally Youko, I am actually a long time listener of SMYN and I still love the show and it no way mean any offense to you.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I still believe it's a horrible marketing tactic.

But you obviously don't recall the point of the stickied thread. It wasn't to say "there will be no delay" but rather, "don't speculate heavily about things that unofficial". Daily threads were becoming a huge problem for us to close every single day, so that thread was needed for the time it lasted.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Guys, guys, you're missing the point here. Brawl is near release. If you want teh spoilers, wait til the end of the month. It's not going to kill anyone to wait until March, especially with Japan giving us info. Also, they could use that buffer time to fix anything screwy they find in the Japan release. It's like having a fighter release in an arcade, then get sent to consoles.

Buck up and suck it up, this isn't Duke Nukem Forever (which may actually be coming out soon).

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't mind this delay so much because Japan is still getting it at the end of this month so we'll know all of the characters and everything are in it. I think one of the worst parts about waiting it that you become anxious to know who is or isn't in the game.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
This delay has left me very much confused (behind these fancy words, I'm actually hot with a disappointed rage. I just don't show it in Text :p.)

I've stated before, I just don't see a rational explanation for this delay. If this is another one of Nintendo's notorious Hype Delays, then it is doing nothing but hurting them as far as I can see. You can only pull that trick so long until it starts to backfire in the long run. And what could they possibly add in... a week? They didn't delay Japan much, I'm pretty sure the game is all but done. WHY has the US been delayed by such a large margin?

The last delay however, I understood that. Frankly, I do buy the reasons. There was enough time to add some cool stuff, fix it up, blah blah blah. The Delay didn't faze me at all. But a delay this close to release? If there was a point, I'd demand answers, but there's no way to do so. Believe me.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I say they keep delaying it until April, and that's when they'll announce that the whole thing was just an elaborate April Fools joke.

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
I say they keep delaying it until April, and that's when they'll announce that the whole thing was just an elaborate April Fools joke.
At that point someone would start hurting real bad.
I just hope the delays dont get to the brutal point that Twilight Princess got to, I was pumped for that game before I even knew about the wii and it got delayed till the wii was released. Hopefully we can be smashing by summertime.
The more delay the better the game though, and who knows maybe Megaman or some third party character was added last minute(unlikely because of japans delay of one week) It would explain them not being able to tell us why.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
for those of you blaming sakurai it's not his fault, it's NOA fault

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Guys, guys, you're missing the point here. Brawl is near release. If you want teh spoilers, wait til the end of the month. It's not going to kill anyone to wait until March, especially with Japan giving us info. Also, they could use that buffer time to fix anything screwy they find in the Japan release. It's like having a fighter release in an arcade, then get sent to consoles.

Buck up and suck it up, this isn't Duke Nukem Forever (which may actually be coming out soon).
LOL. How funny would it be if not only DMF came out before Brawl, but Duke Nukem was the final 3rd party character and the WTF character.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Nintendo loves (And I truly mean this) LOVES to delay games into the holidays. Many people probably already know this, and at this point I doubt it, but I can't think optimistically about this whole thing anymore. Too much disappointment. This Delay really killed my mood, the days have been going buy so slowly ever since... actually, it's only been a few days since it happened >.<.

Wardub

Smash Cadet
You guys are forgetting that Brawl was suppose to be an launch game. Of course the delay was probably needed but I'm sick of getting release dates and then having them pushed back. This seems to be a problem for a lot of Nintendo's games. In the real world when there is a deadline you are suppose to meet it. So stop giving phony release dates and release it when you first say you're going to!!!

luis92

Smash Cadet
to be honest this delay hurt me in a way only a kick to the groin can
but if (if!) this delay was for to make the game better i'll be patient
but nintendo please give me this..... MICS!!!!!

kurokaito

Smash Cadet
Well, I didn't care much for the 2/10 delay because I really didn't even care for SSBB that much (surprising eh?). Though in the beginning of January, I started to really look forward to SSBB after seeing what was going to be included in the game. Also, the first 2 weeks would have been perfect in February! I would've had my yearly school carnival (HUGE ONE), then my friend's big Super Bowl Party, then Brawl! After finding out about the 3/9 delay, really upset.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
one more delay, and I will hurt myself or someone else. seriously, that RUINED my already bad day even more. It seems everytime I have a good day there is a good update. And when I have BAD days the update sucks.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
The December delay was much more disappointing, but the March delay was just shocking.

I'm willing to wait an extra month, what's an extra 30 days? Come on, remember when Brawl was first announced at E3 2006? The game already looked amazing, and we were itching to play it then. It's been almost two years... we can wait another 30 days.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A reason. A simple reason.

That's all I need. Then I'd actually be okay with it.
The reason was bug fixing and adding characters, or so says G4. Of course, it's impossible to add a character in just a week, let alone a month without preperations :laugh:

The December delay was sorta a shocker because Nintendo purposely lied, but we were hyped and happy. The Febuary delay was stupid, pissed everonye off, and Nintendo lied to us BIG TIME! They had the December delay planned before E3 2007, and the Febuary delay before October, definitely. Probably at E3 2007 possibly, even. It's staged, but Nintendo IS STILL FAILING! BRAWL WILL HAVE NO HYPE IN FEBUARY! NONE! ZERO! NADA! NINTENDO IS DEAD THAT MONTH! D-E-A-D!

The last one was a slap in the face and a 1st place Olympic Gold medal at the same time. This delay-it was like getting kicked in the groin, and getting a transvestite and another generic easy to predict stage! :laugh:

Edit: By WHY SHOULD WE WAIT A EXTRA WEEK=??? WHAT'S THE REASONING=??? I'll tell you...it's to get n00bs to buy the game via advertisement. Nintendo realized they f***ed up and didn't advertise the game enough, and made us "dedicated smashers" suffer for it. Their failure is our disappointment, simply put. Ya, f*** you Reggie! Whyn not give us the game earlier=??? Hell, if I was NoA's President I'd demand the game earlier for the fans, because I'd actually care about the fans, and not just their money. We've been screwed over more times then Sony has screwed over all their fans combined-and I'm tired of it. I'm actually hoping Nintendo suffers saleswise with Brawl in the NA because of fanbase realizing how f***ed up of a move this was, and how much they don't care about the fanbase. Because Nintendo deserves to get a** ***** the same way thy a** ***** us, seriously. Hopefully they get some more for the Aussies and Europeans while we're at it!

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I am not seriously bothered by this delay, but I am frustrated. One more delay, and I'm not getting on the Dojo anymore. Brawl is begginning to seem like a mirage, except instead of being 10 feet away, it's always a few weeks away.

The main reason I'm dissapointed about the delay is that my brother is getting married in mid march. I was hoping to play SSBB with him before he left... Now I doubt it.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
"What's another 30 days? I can wait for that." Well, sure, I don't mind either. It's just when there's 30 more days... then 30 more... another 30... then finally a 30 day delay, that just starts to bug me. I wasn't as shocked by the March delay; I set myself ready to brawl Winter '08.

antimatter

Smash Lord
reactions i've seen when i told people about the delay:
Bloody 'ell.
are you effing kidding me?
*slams binder against desk*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm actually happy with the delay because I'm studying in England right now and don't come back home to the States until March 22. Having to wait 42 more days compared to everyone else or having to wait 13 days... hmm... which one do you think I'd rather do? :laugh:

Top Bottom