• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reach For The Stars- an insanely outdated combo vid

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Grmo said:
argh, clever excape method. however, i have a strategy. once your wavedash is done, walk a few steps and start shining again. thats what i did in torpedo, and i believe thats what zelgadis did in shined blind.
yea, i do that to, but characters like sheik and marth who were shown in the vid have an easier time since they more farther (especially marth). it's best used on link, peach, and captain falcon though, it's a shame no one around me plays those characters lol :chuckle:

Cpt.Zeppo said:
rapidshare....doesnt work for me.Are you going to put it up on putfile or filefront?
im uploading it on filefront right now

EDIT: i hate my brother, looks like i'll have to upload it on filefront tomorrow

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
DYC said:
Should probably stick to making videos of other people.
or get footage that's not from friendlies vs ppl who suck :ohwell: im notthat impressed with the turn out of the vid myself. i lied when i said i'd get better footage :ohwell:

AND
u saying that means the only problem for u was the footage of me, not the editing job, so thank you!

but, sorry, im still going to make vids of myself, hopefully serious matches with people who can l-cancel lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
no, i thought i would be able to get better footage. in fact, if i released the vid 2 weeks ago, it would be almost the same as it is now. i just keep waiting for a better chance to get footage, but it never came :( . so i just said "forget it" and released the vid :psycho:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
superryan said:
Are you sure this is a combo video and not a "random pieces from random battles" video?
random battles, arent vids usually made of clips from random battles? (especially if the person the vid is on has no well known videos)

if u didnt like the vid, be a little more realistic lol. i really dont care if u hate it, it's just a vid. vids are for entertainment only. if i failed to entertain, then i failed. i just hope no one starts to judge skill on this vid.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
DYC said:
The editing was done quite nicely. i'm just pretty cynical when it comes to videos lol.
thanks lol :)
Bob Lablaw said:
Definatly could have used more roots. I liked it otherwise though.
yea, the thing is, i used anime songs just because mostly people who don't like rap watch smash vids. i wanted to make the vid with just rap, but, people wouldnt like it at all lol. i did put rap in my Isai combo vid but people say that one part was the worst :psycho:
But, yea, thanks and roots is tight; glad to see more rap appericaters on the smashboards :chuckle:

Xelyst

-_-
Make a combo video of you vs good people.

EDIT: Still your other vids were nicely done

Zander805

Smash Ace
Hey man, I thought the video was really cool. I liked the format a lot, and I think that even if you didn't play against the most ub3r 2337 opponents, it was a great instructional video because you really demonstrated what advanced techs are, and how they should be used. Grats F&F, I really enjoyed your video! ^^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
thanksss!!! :) i guess it can be a good demonstration for those completely new to fox and falco and what not :colorful:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol Grmo, but you got the tech skill down. you're so much ahead then most people who are starting to pick up these characters.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Ok, the video was not bad. You seem to know what you're doing with Fox and Falco. I couldn't help but notice your opponents weren't nearly as skilled as you were but thats okay as long as you keep progressing I guess.

Nothing too new or exciting in this vid except for the wall jump spike w/ Falco was pretty nice, I don't see that too often. As for your fox he was good too but it could be better. Your pretty good though so I gotta give ya some props. By the way the music sucked but that is just my opinion. All in all it was a nice video...good work.

anti_dan

Smash Apprentice
SideEffect001 said:
Ok, the video was not bad. You seem to know what you're doing with Fox and Falco. I couldn't help but notice your opponents weren't nearly as skilled as you were but thats okay as long as you keep progressing I guess.

Nothing too new or exciting in this vid except for the wall jump spike w/ Falco was pretty nice, I don't see that too often. As for your fox he was good too but it could be better. Your pretty good though so I gotta give ya some props. By the way the music sucked but that is just my opinion. All in all it was a nice video...good work.

ZZZ trai harder plz

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
anti_dan said:
ZZZ trai harder plz
Maybe you should try harder and not waste time posting useless crap. Im just stating my opinion. Or would you prefer, "OMG foxandfalco your so good I loved the video!!" *ends *** kissing* Oh and F & F you should have just put music that u like, after all, it is your video...who gives a **** what other ppl think about it. Heh I made myself look like an ***.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
this is the purpose of these vid threads, opinions opinions!

and, yea, the music, like i said, alot of smash players are geeky and love anime...so, i went with a anime song theme instead of my planned rock/rap theme since alot of smashers hate rap :(

and anti dan, i dont get ur post at all :laugh:, but whatever

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Hey great vid man! You have alot of skills with both characters. I like anime but didn't like the first song too much, but it was alright. Your combos were good like the jab - smash, and your aerial - shines with falco and your shines and smashes with fox but you lacked originality. Still I was entertained throughout so good job.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
You put the roots in more videos and there will be more rap lovers on this board. Keep making videos man. The ones I've seen so far have been great.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Nice video, but what was up with the TV reflections and the camera recorder text? Also, I noticed that the Marth that appeared in several clips was a very bad player. All in all though, the video was good and I like the combos.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
meh, i think i sucks, but that's anyway. i should make one of recent footage vs better players :ohwell:
THANKS though, it's a shame the thread is bumped up now...

British Bob

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if you got the Ghost in the Shell opening from the net or a cd? If you got it from the net I was wondering what site did you get it from?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
i downloaded both openings using Limewire. ill upload them for you tomorrow since my interent is acting...wierd
*surpised people still watch this vid*

Top Bottom