• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Re-discussing a ledge grab limit

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
I feel like we can get a picture and see the margin of error how easy or difficult it is. and see maybe what players are doing wrong / what they should be doing to beat it.

the up b hit box is the main problem imo. it makes it hard to approach the ledge and then you might work really hard to finally steal the ledge and sheik can't grab the ledge with you on it so she simply up bs horizontal as far as possible onto the stage leaving the trail of the up b hit box behind her

honestly this is the only game the allows you to be constantly invincible and there's only one way to do it. Tell me why should this **** be allowed but jiggly puffs stalling pounds be banned? I mean she has to come up to the stage eventually. or peaches wall bomb. all it takes is one person to ruin a game.

the purpose of the ledge was for recovery. we're going to let something like sheik up-b stalling for 8 minutes represent our community at evo ? cool.
the first two stalls the game because for a period of time the enemy cant break the stalling

shieks stalling can be broken by the opponent any time

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Hax just do dash wavedash turnaround fastfall ledgegrab.

I do it all the time with Marth and its ****ing amazing. Its not even hard. Just space your wavedash so you can time the turnaround when you're sliding off the edge.

You can beat him. We all know how much better you are on stage so just do it and take your throne as East Coast's best. Its about damn time.
This trick. Approved!

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't work very well with falcon. He doesn't have a long enough wavedash for it.
falcons run speed makes up for it. Even though i never played m2k, i have played similair sheik just slightly under his skill level ( ice, amsah sometimes )

grab the edge -> stand up/press L. 50-50. Sometimes you can even snipe she sheik with a dair, edge cancel ledgegrab.

Ofcourse its hard and risky. Ledgegrab limit is not nessacary in my opinion

Edit: sorry, for double posting.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Well if you say it works Jeapie, I'll have to start practicing. I guess i'm just bad at it.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Wait why did we necro a thread from 2013 to say something wishy washy?

Last edited:
Top Bottom