• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
tbf guys this whole "Sakurai wouldn't have waited this long to deconfirm him as a mii since he's a popular request" thing reminds me of what I used to argue about Geno and I'd reaaaally hate to get a kick in the nuts from those expectations.
Well, try to think of it in a positive connotation: This very situation has happened so many times now, not even just with Mii Costumes, that the odds of it happening to Rayman are better than the odds of characters who probably won't even get that, of which there are many of a higher status than the limbless lad.

Heck, maybe the trademark for audio stuff is because he's bringing a music track with him, assuming he's a costume.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want a Breakdown comparison for Rayman and the Other’s DLC in the Game than here’s a statistic in comparison

- Bayonetta: despite the contrarian about the Ballot, Bayonetta was selected out of the Near Ownership of Nintendo as they are the sole Producers of Bayonetta Exclusive Games with SEGA, now in comparison with Rayman he is in a similar position of Bayonetta in that the IP is only valuable under the Nintendo Brand hence the use of Rabbids and the Rayman Legends Definitive Edition in other regions of the World including China which has a select few of Nintendo Exclusive products to release. Along with the Fact that she Ended the Roster of Smash Bros 4

- Banjo and Kazooie: As proven by the Duo, Popularity and Relevance is nothing more than baseless measures for what is Real Modern Smash Picks, and for us to get an IP represented when there’s NOT been one Game made an over a Decade makes Rayman a regular likely Fighter in comparison. With help from Xbox Headleader himself Phil Spencer became the seed for what Future DLC Character Packs would bring past Volume 1

- Min Min: Volume 2 solidified the beginning of what would begin the “Loose End” Theory string of DLC Packs starting with Min Min as she became the First Spirit Upgraded Fighter with a Full Representation of the Arms Game. It would once again bring forth the Request of the Team that made the game to have Min Min be their Mascot Fighter

- Steve: Minecraft has been 5-Years in the Making for inclusion in Super Smash Bros, as Banjo-Kazooie was the Aide in bridging the Partnership that we would have to get Minecraft and Mojang Represented.

- Sephiroth: The Iconic Villain is the Culminative Full Circle for the Completion of Final Fantasy 7 Content in a Super Smash Bros game that brought the Entirety of FF7 representation, and would prove why Unfinished Represented content like Rayman is essential of Bridging the partnership of Nintendo and Ubisoft at the Peak of their business Relations

- Pyra/Mythra: Just like Min Min the seperate Duo brought the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Content Full Circle and became the 2nd (although you can make the case that their 2nd and 3rd Spirit Upgraded Fighters however it’s irrelevant) Spirit Fighters Upgrade with the Sword Sidekicks themselves.

- Kazuya: Since Smash 4 Sakurai has been very adamant that Tekken was a Series he wanted to Represent, however because of the Tekken complexity of the Controls that became a scrapped Representation to which PAC-MAN (ironically enough a Character that Sakurai stated that the Character has No Moveset potential for Brawl) took place as the Namco Representative. So in the End of Smash 4 we were left with a Heihachi Mii Costume and by the time we got to Ultimate we only had 1-Reference in Tekken with the PAC-MAN Taunt ‘Namco Roulette’ of the Heihachi Sprite, as we get to the Kickstart of Volume 2 DLC the First Namco Smash 4 Mii Costume returned being none other than the Heihachi Mii Costume, as the Costume Returned, so did the possibility of a Tekken Representation. But a Year after the Heihachi Mii Costume returned came the E3 reveal of Kazuya Mishima. The Biggest catch of it All is that The Director of Tekken Harada has campaigned for Kazuya since 2015

With All that said Sakurai doesn’t put a Reference in just for the sake of acknowledgment of a Series, he Goes Beyond the Proper Representation. With Rayman it’s a Matter of Expanding the Representation as Ubisoft Campaigning since the Super Smash Bros 4 Trophy Reveal by Sakurai has been 10-Years in the Making of the Long-Awaited Western Favorite. This amount of acknowledgment is as proven to be more clearer of a Tease than ever before for Sakurai to conclude his 10-Year Straight Work on Super Smash Bros Ultimate with a Character/Series that has been present as a Trophy & a Spirit. After all the way it looks Rayman has way more statistics in the DLC Pack Favor than the other Competition themselves
584AB79D-4CBF-40FE-8FA5-6D58773FE20D.jpg

3BC9BDE8-E998-4AEF-8F0C-3FF11201F424.jpg

684F0D18-F7FD-48C3-A341-5E203370A0B2.jpg

74A6311A-CB8D-4E6C-8E84-C82088F1FF1E.jpg

F6F75753-35EA-413F-8B97-F7178306B9B3.jpg

E0811ED6-5082-4D39-9783-A678783EE08B.jpg

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
tbf guys this whole "Sakurai wouldn't have waited this long to deconfirm him as a mii since he's a popular request" thing reminds me of what I used to argue about Geno and I'd reaaaally hate to get a kick in the nuts from those expectations.
I'm not saying I want Rayman as a Mii Costume (even if I would take it as a consolation prize if Rayman was never actually going to be a fighter in the first place)

But like, it still seems really strange that they went through the effort to get Altair and Rabbids Mii Costumes, without trying to get a Rayman one too? It doesn't make any sense why they would negotiate Ubisoft Mii Costumes but not put Rayman as one if they weren't going to make him a fighter.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
A rather interesting development:

When the Artsyomni Rayman leak in Smash 4 came out as fake a lot of people in Japan were disappointed! So Rayman fans definitely exist in Japan and people saying he is not popular there are wrong lol

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm not saying I want Rayman as a Mii Costume (even if I would take it as a consolation prize if Rayman was never actually going to be a fighter in the first place)

But like, it still seems really strange that they went through the effort to get Altair and Rabbids Mii Costumes, without trying to get a Rayman one too? It doesn't make any sense why they would negotiate Ubisoft Mii Costumes but not put Rayman as one if they weren't going to make him a fighter.
Oh, that's not what I'm saying. I actually agree with you that that's really suspicious. All that I mean is that I wouldn't place my expectations into the idea that Sakurai wouldn't be ok breaking our hearts this late into the game.

I still think odds are in Rayman's favor more than most people would like to believe, but gotta keep expectations somewhat in check.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Heads up, peeps. The Youtube animation channel, Mashed, is holding a poll for what character should be the focus of their next Smash trailer animation, or Smash vs. League, as they call it.

20210629_140847.jpg

You'll be happy to know that, while Doom Slayer is winning by a landslide, Rayman is currently tied with Cuphead in second place. Of course, Doom Slayer is more than likely next, but it wouldn't hurt to potentially keep Ray on their radar, if you know what I'm getting at...

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Heads up, peeps. The Youtube animation channel, Mashed, is holding a poll for what character should be the focus of their next Smash trailer animation, or Smash vs. League, as they call it.

View attachment 321138

You'll be happy to know that, while Doom Slayer is winning by a landslide, Rayman is currently tied with Cuphead in second place. Of course, Doom Slayer is more than likely next, but it wouldn't hurt to potentially keep Ray on their radar, if you know what I'm getting at...
Can you post a link? I'll share it on twitter

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life

View attachment 321138

Lets boost our boy up and get Rayman in first place!!
Can you post a link? I'll share it on twitter

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was surprised that Sora isn't any higher. Weird...
There's already been 2 other wonderful reveal trailers from Mashed (one for the Boyfriend from FNF, the other more recent one for Spongebob). I tell ya, they're so high quality that they feel official, particularly the Boyfriend one. See for yourself!

If you're as impressed by these as I am, it goes without saying that having them do a Rayman trailer would be a big get.
...Even if Doom Slayer was dominating last time I checked...

BTW, sorry I never hit you up with a link earlier, MrMcNuts. I got preoccupied with some household stuff & just kinda forgot...

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I like how Min Min is physically helping out there.

Also, just remembered that Rayman's anniversary is in September. I know anniversaries mean nothing at this point, but it might be worth looking out for activities around that month.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I like how Min Min is physically helping out there.

Also, just remembered that Rayman's anniversary is in September. I know anniversaries mean nothing at this point, but it might be worth looking out for activities around that month.
The wait between Pythra's reveal and Kazuya's reveal was about 4 months, so what if September rolls around and literally nothing Rayman happens because they're saving it for Smash? Assuming the final character is revealed near the end of September or the start of October.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Well well well. Post CP 10, I'm feeling Rayman's chances as CP 11 are quite solid. Quite a number of things are going for the limbless hero all the way back from 2015, and also in terms of negotiations between Nintendo and Ubisoft throughout the Nintendo Switch's life cycle.
Considering Smash Rosters/DLC has a habit of ending on something bland, it would be neat if they for once ended it in the best way possible 🙏

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Considering Smash Rosters/DLC has a habit of ending on something bland, it would be neat if they for once ended it in the best way possible 🙏
There's only like 4 characters I would be happy with them ending on, with Rayman being one of them of course. As long as I get one of em I'll be happy.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm gonna spend the next 3-4 months playing Them's Fightin' Herds or Guilty Gear Strive, while I wait for the next Smash character to be revealed.

Maybe Rivals of Aether.
Maybe I'll get around playing Strive too, but Kazuya's got my attention atm. He's really fun.

I've also been playing TF2 some more again after a long hiatus so that's exciting. Plus, me and my friends are playing through Borderlands 3 DLCs. And that's not mentioning some other games in my backlog like DQ11 and the Master Chief Collection.

So by all means, I have enough material to entertain me for 4 months. It's just that I'll probably be stuck in the repetitive Smash speculation circle despite that lol

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'm gonna spend the next 3-4 months playing Them's Fightin' Herds or Guilty Gear Strive, while I wait for the next Smash character to be revealed.

Maybe Rivals of Aether.
I got a HOLE-LOAD full of games to finish, Famicom Detective Club, Haven, Final Fantasy VII(Get Good to beat Sephiroth), Breath of the Wild, Bravely Default II, Dead by Daylight(I regularly played one some weeks), Super Mario Party, Happy's Humble Burger Farm, Shadow the Hedgehog(There are 5 keys in each level), Sly 4, Sakuna(gonna wait til fall), etc.

As for new games, I'm waiting for my persona 4 guide book to come that way i can play the game this july.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

So, apparently CJ has found a leak that so far seems correct on what was coming for E3 except for one thing related to smash about the last character & beyond, it's not a third pass or anything just something.

Also, Rayman is one of the four characters he believes is probably going to be the final fighter.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life

So, apparently CJ has found a leak that so far seems correct on what was coming for E3 except for one thing related to smash about the last character & beyond, it's not a third pass or anything just something.

Also, Rayman is one of the four characters he believes is probably going to be the final fighter.
I don't like to look at leaks, but I can definitely tell that it's pretty likely for Rayman to be the last one.

Translation: Please don't tell me about leaks please.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Glad I blocked this guy on Twitter a long time ago, exact opposite of everything that I aspire to be.

I don't normally comment on things like this, but he hasn't stopped being a complete jerk to various fanbases.
I'm aware of who this user is and agree they're pretty scummy...

but that image is kind of funny with 0 context lol

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just had a thought.

Pass 1 was entirely new series (no representation in Smash prior) besides Byleth.

Pass 2 has been series that already had some form of representation besides Steve.

Min Min > Spring Man assist and some spirits
Sephiroth > Cloud and two songs
Mythra > Shulk
Kazuya > Heihachi mii
??? > ???

If the pass were to continue this trend since the curveball Steve is already out of the way, that'd incredibly narrow down the options.
Combine that with the supposed "second chance" thing and the numbers keep dropping.
Throw in my own theory of the final fighter being from a company who doesn't have a fighter yet, and...
Kronk.gif

Or you know, Sakurai doesn't run on crazy theories like this and the character could still be anyone.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yeah, at this point I think Rayman has a good shot at being the final fighter. People keep bringing up Japan but somehow I doubt japanese switch owners are going to march down to Nintendo's headquarters with pitchforks and torches if Rayman is the one. We still got Ridley after all.
If American fans won't march to NoA after all the anime-like characters then I see no reason why Japan would after one more western-oriented pick.

Plus, based on their reaction to the Artsy hoax all those years back some of them are at least aware that Rayman's a popular request of ours, so maybe they'd understand where that decision comes from.

Last edited:

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Rayman would be really hard to animate. I don't think I could do it (he has hands but no arms) but maybe Nintendo could do it. Cheers 🙂👍

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Rayman would be really hard to animate. I don't think I could do it (he has hands but no arms) but maybe Nintendo could do it. Cheers 🙂👍
I mean, Ubisoft managed to animate Rayman in Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 (and other 3-dimensional titles featuring Rayman) so I can't imagine it being too difficult for Nintendo, especially with Sakurai's dev team.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
?
If anything that just makes him easier to animate because that's less body parts you have to worry about moving around compared to a complex body type like say... Ridley.
Plus what Eldrake said.

Last edited:
Top Bottom