• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Man, you guys just swept the leak away without giving it some thought.

Except you, IXY(Even if you seem more excited then upset)
Brotha we’ve been in this song and dance before that it’s just sounds BS, anything that claims to be a leak is just useless information now because Kazuya has DESTROYED the entire system of leaks and reaffirms that Volume 2 remains unknown of what we’re gonna get. The only consistency of Evidence we have of this Pass is that it’s missing Base Game Content by close collaborators who worked on Crossover Content for Nintendo as shown before…
96E73F09-CD72-444B-9D87-B0564AAB8674.jpeg

BC06EA54-27D7-42F5-939A-DBAB12D046BF.jpeg

1B663B92-CD27-41AD-A577-F31DC87167A5.jpeg

9E396105-255B-483A-9E7C-281D6C4CB1DC.jpeg

EDE87463-D2FC-40B1-9DFC-083A1A7298D3.jpeg

4A1FF7F2-F85E-44E5-A462-AF958859ABC4.jpeg

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Brotha we’ve been in this song and dance before that it’s just sounds BS, anything that claims to be a leak is just useless information now because Kazuya has DESTROYED the entire system of leaks and reaffirms that Volume 2 remains unknown of what we’re gonna get. The only consistency of Evidence we have of this Pass is that it’s missing Base Game Content by close collaborators who worked on Crossover Content for Nintendo as shown before…
View attachment 322334
View attachment 322335
View attachment 322337
View attachment 322338
View attachment 322339
View attachment 322340
You do realize that Microsoft didn't buy Bethesda until months after Min Min was out. And the fighters in the second pass were finalized before the buyout.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
You do realize that Microsoft didn't buy Bethesda until months after Min Min was out. And the fighters in the second pass were finalized before the buyout.
It’s irrelevant as the point being is that the individual Corporations has had a 5 to 10-Year Planning Stages of Content in loaning to Sakurai and Team Sora LTD., that point has been droved home with Sakurai’s Statement of working on Super Smash Bros for 10-Years…

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I think what he's trying to say is that the Bethesda reps as Mii Costumes were all negotiated for Smash prior to the Microsoft Buyout of Bethesda, meaning that Microsoft had nothing to do with getting Vault Boy or dovahkiin Mii Costumes into Smash. I think this is the case.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Now you guys are just too harsh

I wouldn't agree with you guys due to your words, but i am more of a take it with a grain of salt guy to at least keep this leak in mind until something changes.

Last edited:

G-Star

Smash Cadet
I would like to remind everyone that Rayman somehow managed to dodge every single spirit event and Mii wave that was thrown his way, including the event that was based around characters whose main color was purple that we FOR SURE thought he was gonna be a part of. So I wonder what does it mean for him now. Just some food for thought.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I would like to remind everyone that Rayman somehow managed to dodge every single spirit event and Mii wave that was thrown his way, including the event that was based around characters whose main color was purple that we FOR SURE thought he was gonna be a part of. So I wonder what does it mean for him now. Just some food for thought.
It’s certainly something to keep an eye out for, but I’m uncertain passed that it means something. I’m sure that it’s a strong idea for discussion down the road if Rayman’s Spirit still isn’t highlighted come the Reveal of CP11

G-Star

Smash Cadet
It’s certainly something to keep an eye out for, but I’m uncertain passed that it means something. I’m sure that it’s a strong idea for discussion down the road if Rayman’s Spirit still isn’t highlighted come the Reveal of CP11
Yea. But I have a feeling that things are gonna work out (Or I least I hope they do). Also it's kinda sad that Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition is still the only Rayman game on Switch.

This would be great for Rayman's victory theme

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Random but can we talk about how Steam Deck could potentially give us portable versions of all Rayman games?

Including Redemption? 👀
They're really doin what Nintendon't, huh?

Honestly tho, would it really kill Ubisoft to bring previous Rayman titles to the Switch?
Not just for our sakes, but so outsider Switch owners can get a proper taste of what this series has to offer OUTSIDE Legends.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
They're really doin what Nintendon't, huh?

Honestly tho, would it really kill Ubisoft to bring previous Rayman titles to the Switch?
Not just for our sakes, but so outsider Switch owners can get a proper taste of what this series has to offer OUTSIDE Legends.
We really said "Stop porting Rayman 2 to every single console" back when Rayman 3D came out and they listened to us.

Be careful what you ask for 😔

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else find this funny?
It certainly makes that Papageno discord claim of Deconfirmation of an Ubisoft rep seem like a desperate ploy of killing a movement, than again we’re talking about a Hardcore Crash for Smash biased group… so meh

Note: For the record I’m NOT Picking a Fight with Crash Supporters, but I am going to acknowledge that these weird arguments I’ve heard and had about Crash being “Super Likely” just doesn’t happen to make sense in Nintendo’s own interest

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm just saying that it's a funny coincidence. A stage that referenced the 80s turtles in a game that otherwise did nothing to homage various Turtles eras eventually got reused in a game that actually does feature the 80s turtles. Whether there's a relation to anything else is completely irrelevant and spitballing.

Besides, nothing actually kills a big enough movement completely, failure only makes you stronger until you eventually succeed, even if the language barrier and the totem pole of noteworthy companies to work down through get in the way. :ultbanjokazooie:

Pic somewhat related.

Last edited:

G-Star

Smash Cadet
Perhaps the reason behind Rayman being omitted from these Spirit Events (including this one) is [Possibly] Sakurai wants to introduce the Character Rayman (and his Series) as a DLC Pack, therefore he’s intentionally not acknowledging the Character and to Not show up in Spirit Events till the Next Smash Bros Ultimate Reveal

Maybe this also explains why Ubisoft acts likes Rayman doesn't exist.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying that it's a funny coincidence. A stage that referenced the 80s turtles in a game that otherwise did nothing to homage various Turtles eras eventually got reused in a game that actually does feature the 80s turtles. Whether there's a relation to anything else is completely irrelevant and spitballing.

Besides, nothing actually kills a big enough movement completely, failure only makes you stronger until you eventually succeed, even if the language barrier and the totem pole of noteworthy companies to work down through get in the way. :ultbanjokazooie:

Pic somewhat related.

Pic fits accurately.

but I will point out that Public perception is a bit of a decision factor in getting a Character in the Roster when you look at Past Comments from Triple AAA higher ups like…
  • Mr. Katsuhiro Harada (Director & Producer of Tekken, and GM of Bandai-Namco): Has publicly expressed of wanting Kazuya in Super Smash Bros instead of Heihachi who is the 2nd Flagship Mascot of the Video Game brand, since Namco is the Co-Developers of the Game it’s NOT impossible to implement Tekken into the Game itself
  • Square Enix: Are the Strongest case of Cash for Content as they didn’t give much Content past Cloud, Midgar and 2-Music Tracks for Super Smash Bros Ultimate Base Game, till DLC came and went as they want to Cross-Promote FF7 Remake and DQ11 Definitive Edition S which in turn gave the Full Final Fantasy 7 Content along with Sephiroth and Northern Cave stage and the Dragon Quest Pack for Nintendo
  • Phil Spencer (Microsoft VP of Video Gaming and Boss of the Xbox Brand): Has expressed his Request to Nintendo and Sakurai to include Banjo-Kazooie and would come to fruition 4-Years Later
  • Mojang AB: Has been vocal about Smash Bros for 5-Years to the point that Sakurai’s inner circle (and even Nintendo themselves) persisted Sakurai to include the Series in Super Smash Bros till it finally happened.
  • Yasuyuki Oda (SNK Producer & Developer): Who has vocally been wanting a Character in Smash Bros from SNK has supported that very Request till Sakurai (who is a Major Fan of SNK) made that come to fruition with the SNK Mascot Terry Bogard.

Now we have had vocal requests from small Developers like StudioMDHR, Suda51 and Toby Fox who’ve ended up as Mii Costumes but when it comes to Big Corporations, the accuracy of the first 10-DLC Packs have All come from both Nintendo and 3rd-Party supporters who help Make Good Nintendo Exclusive Products will always be the First in Line for Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Content.

Thus we have 5-Strong Factors leading to the End of the Current Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC of what benefits Ubisoft in getting a Challenger Pack…
  • David Soliani who has Directed and Produced Ubisoft Montpellier products including Mario + Rabbids and Rayman has been as Vocal about getting Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Ubisoft has been Campaigning for Rayman from 2014 with the Trophy to 2019, than went quiet about the matter throughout last Year and This Year with slip ups from time to time about the keyword ‘Rayman’ & ‘Super Smash Bros Ultimate’ put together.
  • The Ubisoft Mii Costumes have officially Confirmed of Ubisoft’s involvement with the DLC DEVELOPMENT team, as shown with the Heihachi Mii Costume a Rayman Playable DLC Character is Now Stronger to be Realistic than it was prior to Kazuya Reveal.
  • Volume 2 so far has consisted of Unfinished Base Game Content that is being attended to being Completed by Sakurai himself as the Rayman Spirit came with NO other Content past that Thumbnail Pic aka Spirit
  • Ubisoft Super Smash Bros Ultimate Pack is vital for Nintendo as they need to start Cross-Promoting the Mario + Rabbids Sequel with an Ubisoft Character, as the “Rumor” about Rayman being a Key-Figure to the Sequel, Soliani, Ubisoft, Nintendo & Sakurai have without a doubt planned out the Next Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Pack for Volume 2 sometime within the 2-Years of the DLC Cycle

So with ALL of that being said, this is why Crash is not as “Super Likely” as everyone claims he is to be, as Activision hasn’t been that much of a Nintendo Product Exclusive maker, unlike Ubisoft, Mojang, SNK, Square Enix, Microsoft & SEGA because in its entirety of its business there’s NOT been 1-Nintendo Exclusive Product they have worked on with them. Since Toys for Bob was seperated to working on Call of Duty it makes 0 sense for a Cross-Collaboration with the company that is fixated on its Self-Produced products that has No Business Interests with collaborating anyone

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At the end of the day, big names and small names are a delicate balancing act in regards to roster making. In general, the best chance is to specifically gun for a character to make it into the base roster for the upcoming game, whenever it happens.

Well, that and we still haven't quite gone down the pecking order of companies yet. As of now, the smallest name companies who have playable characters are Atlus and Platinum, and even with that Sak had openly acknowledged that big name series/company inclusions on the Japan side are running low.

In any case, I wouldn't be hung up over it. Perseverance and patience will be rewarded at some point, especially if seasons increase by the game.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
At the end of the day, big names and small names are a delicate balancing act in regards to roster making. In general, the best chance is to specifically gun for a character to make it into the base roster for the upcoming game, whenever it happens.

Well, that and we still haven't quite gone down the pecking order of companies yet. As of now, the smallest name companies who have playable characters are Atlus and Platinum, and even with that Sak had openly acknowledged that big name series/company inclusions on the Japan side are running low.

In any case, I wouldn't be hung up over it. Perseverance and patience will be rewarded at some point, especially if seasons increase by the game.
It Needs to be noted that both Atlus and Bayonetta is owned by SEGA so let’s not dismiss that point for the Record.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It Needs to be noted that both Atlus and Bayonetta is owned by SEGA so let’s not dismiss that point for the Record.
I know of that, though the specific characters involved are comparatively more niche choices nonetheless (even if Persona 5 is the most popular entry of its series, it's the equivalent of a big fish in a small pond).

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Ugh I hate to even bring this up but it’s really Hard to believe Activision is more of a Monster than Ubisoft after hearing these Tragic and Awfully Rage-filled News of this Companies Corruption.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I'm out of the loop atm, & almost afraid to ask, but what vile practices have Activision done recently?
Long story short, Activision is under Several and Severe Criminal investigations on Sexual Harassment by the California Government and is Responsible for having one of their Employees commit Suicide because of Nude Photos being shown in a Holiday Party

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Unbelievable.
Somehow they managed to take it a step further than even Ubisoft!

R.I.P. to the employee in question. May whomever it was that did what they did get what's coming to them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom